Queen's Full time MBA 2015 - A NEW batch starting from Jan 2014

20 Posts  ·  45 Users
About this group
This thread is about the discussions related to the 2015 batch of Full time MBA program from Queen's University Canada, ranked as #1 B-School in Canada and #4 in world (outside US), according to Business Week. The batch starts from Jan 2014 and th...
Page 1 of 2

Hi everyone...I wish to get in touch with all Queens admits for Jan 2015 program. Pls reply...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

http://www.pagalguy.com/gmat/queens-full-time-mba-2016-batch-starting-from-jan-2015-25115695

People applying for the Class of 2016 ( entering Jan 2015) please post and connect on the thread above.

Regards

Vidyut

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI all...I got acceptance from queens ( full time) mba 2015 intake too...lets connect...

16 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All, I am not sure if this is the right thread to bring up this point (if not then please enlighten me), I just wanted to know that for an Indian IT Female with 650 GMAT and onshore coordinator experience and good academic record.. how good is Queen's MBA and if it is worth the money.. as of now i am looking out for (preferrably 1 year) MBA in Canada..
last season i had got a call from Rotman.. but due to high fees i wasn't able to manage my finances and rejected the offer.. 😞
i will be really grateful if someone can tell me which business schools are good in Canada (Schulich, Queens, Ivey, HEC, McGill) - preferably in and around Toronto - from, especially, course, time, recruitment and fees perspective..
also.. if i can get some insight on working hours and how i can make money and manage my finances while studying than that will be really nice..

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ojas2july

Hello,

I am planning to apply for the Queens MBA program starting 2015 Jan as well. Currently working with Hospitality sales in India, I have an on going work experience of over 4 and a half years in Sales. I shall be taking up a date for GMAT this May. I just wanted help from people as to what average score in GMAT does Queens look at. How are the academic scholarships placed. How much would it cost for living expenses in Kingston.

Any representatives of Queens in Mumbai, I could get in touch with for admission help.

Regards

Ojas

Avg GMAT: 650

Avg Scholarship: 7.5k to 30K depending on your overall profile

Cost of living: 700-1000 CAD per month inclusive of everything (varies depending upon your lifestyle)

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

I am planning to apply for the Queens MBA program starting 2015 Jan as well. Currently working with Hospitality sales in India, I have an on going work experience of over 4 and a half years in Sales. I shall be taking up a date for GMAT this May. I just wanted help from people as to what average score in GMAT does Queens look at. How are the academic scholarships placed. How much would it cost for living expenses in Kingston.

Any representatives of Queens in Mumbai, I could get in touch with for admission help.

Regards

Ojas

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Queens MBA starting in Jan 2015. Can anyone please provide some pointers on the video essays (what types of questions are asked)?
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

I am from Queen's MBA batch of 2012. If you have any queries about the program/Canada/post MBA queries please let me know. I will help you all with whatever I can. Having said that Queen's MBA is a great program and it will be a wonderful learning experience. Kingston is a small town and I love K-town simply because it is a very student centric town and very good for pursuing education.

All the best !!

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@red123

Hi Folks,How is Queen's in terms of final year recruitments for Mgmnt Consulting and IT Consulting? Do companies like Deloitte, Accenture, IBM and MS for tech consulting and Mc Kinsey, Bain and BCG for mgmnt consulting come to Queen's?Which would you rate the highest in terms of employability and prestige in Canada, out of Queen's, Rotman's and Ivey? Pls do let me know your views! Need to arrive at a decisions soon!Thnx,Red

1) ...

2) ... Skip

Those thinking of MBB, you may like to refer to the following websites:

2) caseinterviews.com (Victor Cheng)

There is a term called "Target School". Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, etc. are target schools for MBB firms. ATK's website includes Ivey from Canada in its website.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone I'm enrolled in the program as well and, I'll be meeting you all in January. Is there a group on FB other than the one setup by Queens?

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...