Queen's Full time MBA 2014

661 Posts  ·  100 Users
About this group
Starting a new thread, as I could not find a separate thread for Full time MBA -Queen's School of Business, Canada for 2014 batch. I'm the existing student in the FT MBA 2013 batch, and i'm here to help aspiring MBAains to get some information a...
Page 1 of 67

Hi all..

I got acceptance from queens (full time MBA) 2015 Jan. 

Anyone else here joining ...lets talk.. 😃

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys, I have been accepted by queens school of business for their jan 2014 class. I cleared it in round 4 and have been asked to confirm at the earliest. But I have received a scholarship of only $7500. I don't know how to arrange for the rest. I badly need your suggestions.

Thanks.
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I am applying to Queen's MBA Jan 2014 Intake. I wanted to know the video essays, whether it is an extempore thing or do we get topics and we need to record and upload them?? Please help me out!

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I've created a new thread for the Queen's MBA 2015 batch starting from Jan 2014. I've given some details for the new program in this thread!! Aspirants, please start posting about your interview experiences and any queries regarding admission procedure. Class of 2014, you guys are the most updated batch and any inputs in resolving those queries will be helpful!! @reconadi I hope to see you on this thread as well!!

The name of the thread is "Queen's Full time MBA 2015 - A NEW batch starting from Jan 2014" and the link is as below:

Queen s Full time MBA 2015 - A NEW batch starting from Jan 2014 : GMAT Accepting B-Schools : PaGaLGuY Forums

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello puys...
I got the admit from Queen's today for the Jan'14 intake.. lets get in touch before we all meet in Canada..

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Zoro406

Hi all ,

Here's my Profile -10th - 90%

12th - 94%

B.E in Electronics and communication - 73%

ECA - decent (public speaking etc)

Work Experience - 4 years (IT - Software developer in TCS)

GMAT - 720

what are my prospects of getting an admission in Queens ? Do you feel that my engineering percentage can be an impediment . Please reply

You do have decent Acads and above average GMAT Score. Depending on how well you impress adcom through your essays will play important role. As per my interaction with Shai, adcom looks for acads mainly to determine how well you can handle course and whether you will get through exams or not. But based on your essays, they come to know the real you. So I think, if you project your story well through your essays, you will have not any problem.

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all ,

Here's my Profile -10th - 90%

12th - 94%

B.E in Electronics and communication - 73%

ECA - decent (public speaking etc)

Work Experience - 4 years (IT - Software developer in TCS)

GMAT - 720

what are my prospects of getting an admission in Queens ? Do you feel that my engineering percentage can be an impediment . Please reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I had my interview yesterday, I think it went ok. They covered the following topics -

1. Introduction and Why Queens

2. growth of resposnibilities

3. Long term goals( Asked me to elaborate)

4. Team Experiences ( difficulties faced and how i handled them)

5. Negotiation Experience

6. Whether my finances are ready to make it to the may 2013 class

7. How i have responded to feedback someone gave me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@mandy_samra : The details are all there on the website. Youcan choose to get an MBA in 12 choose to get a double degree in 16 months
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks @Satyamev, but I would be more than happy for a 16 months program because I am looking to switch careers and that internship would facilitate the transition I am looking for.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...