Queens 2008

58 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hi, I havent seen a thread for applicants applying to Queens School of Business in this year. I had my interview on 7th Dec and on 21st got to know that I have an admit. I am an IIF with 5 yrs of experience. GMAT score of 700. I wo...
Page 1 of 6
bhavnagoyal1983 Says
Even I got admitted to Queens

Hi Bhavna,

i am also a queen's aspirant ,can u please post ur profile.

regards
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey

guys who are looking forward to join queens can plz join queens2009@yahoogroups.com

Regards
Kunal

Even I got admitted to Queens

Hi Guys

I have got an admit from Queens and CEIBS. I am still thinking of applying to two of the good B-schools in Europe.

I am interested in consulting in the short term and entrepreneurship in the long term.
I wanted to know how good is Queens for consulting and entrepreneurship.

I am still not able to find out a WOW factor for Queens and really perplexed whether to join or not.. Though current students are happy about the course, I am tensed about its reputation outside Canada and its just average exchange programs( I m not sure why there are no good colleges for exchange programs) and also just ok placements.

Also, where would it stand when compared to European B-schools like HEC, Oxford , ESADE etc.

Another thing I found out was that placements are just decent, not only in Queens but in Canada in general.
Post MBA
Av salary : 85k
Tax: 35-40% = 34k
Personal expenses : 25k
So you are left with only 26k ..

Can anyone throw some light on why MBA salaries are low in canada compared to US, though I have heard that Canadian salaries are almost similar to those of US, considering PPP etc.

Guys, please please pour in your thoughts..

Regards

well it depends on what are u looking for

ivey, rotman and queens share an equal repo ..

Queens is a team based MBA and if one is looking for working in teams , this is an excelent MBA

Rotman is also a good college but its a 2-yr course, which is good only for career changers. but the fees are damn high..

ivey is good for managment consulting

average salaries post-MBA in all these colleges is same. this is where rotman would lag behind..

rest is upto one's discretion..

Guys,

I also got my QUEENS admit a couple of days back. Would like to know about choice between ROTMAN & Queens.

What do you guys say?

Vicky

I know its kind oflate to reply but I came back yesterday from Kingston. I am currently in Toronto and had gone for an interview at Queen's univ. I talked to the students there and they said that 2 years at Rotman is definitely better than one year at queens. Hope this would help.
@Juggernaut-Sachin - Im not joining Queens, Im opting for Georgetown. My profile is 720 GMAT, 2.5yrs work ex (in industrial marketing), mech engineering background, decent acads & extra curriculars.

Folks..

I have an admit from UBC Sauder(with 6000$ Schol) as well. Which one should i go for and why? Please help me make a decision. Is Queens worth the money that it charges?

Waiting for your comments...

Hey tahir,

Thats good news...are joining queen's?
Also can please post your profile? I was wondering :dontgeti:of I would get any schol...

tahirz Says
I got $5000 aid. Got the news in the e-mail as well as in the package.

I got $5000 aid. Got the news in the e-mail as well as in the package.