Quant by Erudite

8 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
*A number has 6 different digits. If the last digit is moved to the front, then a new number is formed which is exaclty 5 times the old number. With which number did we start?*
Page 1 of 1

please don't open threads for a single question.

continue here.

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/quantitative-ability-and-di/official-quant-thread-cat-2012-part-5-t-83384

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

ans 5

o0 i thought he asked the first digit of that no,

anyway i don't think one can calculate it by any means
folllowing my dreams... not other's footsteps!! :D
@Erudite.Cat said:A number has 6 different digits. If the last digit is moved to the front, then a new number is formed which is exaclty 5 times the old number. With which number did we start?

Kind of a knowledge based question. It is the property of 7 inverse (reciprocal of 7)

1/7 = 0.142857... Concentrate on 142857. If you shift 7 from its current position, you'd get the fifth multiple of original number.

Just play around with 142857 keeping the relative order same i.e. 428571, 285712, 571428 and you'd see the magic.. Happy learning!

India is the only country where MBA aspirants want to get "BLACK"listed! :D

i mean even if the last digit becomes the first digit ... ei

abcdef becomes fabcde right? but we also know fabcde is 5 times abcdef ! that is it still remains a six digit no. abcdef can only remain a six digit no after multiplying by 5 if it's first digit is 1 otherwise it will become 7 digit no atleast

@[592477:constanza]

no
please try again

1?

A number has 6 different digits. If the last digit is moved to the front, then a new number is formed which is exaclty 5 times the old number. With which number did we start?