[Puyscars] PaGaL Awards 2008-09 - The Discussions

65 Posts  ·  38 Users
About this group
[image] *Puyscars 2008-09 is here :: :: * This year we have made it easier for you to give in your nominations and you can give them anytime before 10 AM , 23rd May. The announcement of the winners will be made at the All India PG Mee...
Page 1 of 7

The most missed user on SB - rani_das..... 😃 :)

/me wi bolat hi woh aaj se SB pe harooz aaying :sneaky: 😁

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Vroooooommmmm!!!I won a pulsar bike Errr...Its puyscar not pulsar
First things first-a very big thanks to utsav for nominating me for this award:grin: and of course all to those who voted to me
Secondly to mod shashank for informing me about my puyscar before the actual post here ;)

Congratulations to all the winners and I am proud to be PaGirl This is my first year on PG and I won a puyscar...My debut award:grin:

There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.

It was when I was at IMS's all India Quiz when I heard about this site..Hail Insanity and the name is curious enough that I registered as soon as possible but that was the time,I wasn't serious about writing CAT 😐 and didn't came back after registration...I became active during May-June 2008 and made so many friends :grin:

I love helping out others and that way I starting posting on the threads.I spammed too but now I am avoiding that on threads

Hope to be a certified pagal before the next AIPGM;)
Once again ,a big thanks to all puys and moderators :grin: :grin:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Am happy to be back in the awards category after a no-show last year

Used some searching to realize that this is the 4th year in a row (actually ever since this was instituted) that I was nominated/won some award in Pusycars. Went back down memory lane and here are the blast from the past:

2004-05
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/9351-pagal-awards-2004-2005-pagalpan-10.html#post236599
Won 2 awards - Best Poster and Favorite Poster

And here is my acceptance speech then:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/9351-pagal-awards-2004-2005-pagalpan-17.html#post237339
2005-06
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/15644-pagal-awards-2005-2006-pagal-13.html#post498291Won just 1 award - Most Intelligent Poster
However was runners-up for many others - Best Poster, Favorite Poster, Most Reliable/Active Poster, Greatest potential (losing out to DG in all the categories - this was when he was at his peak - infact he even had a most annoying poster award that year)

Trivia: My vote for "most annoying user" (nothing personal) was for a noob who was spamming the MICA threads - chuck_gopal.

And here is my acceptance speech then:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/15644-pagal-awards-2005-2006-pagal-17.html#post502040
2006-07
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/22385-integral-pagal-awards-2006-07-a-9.html#post759429

I won only 1 award - Best Oldie on PG
I got 36 votes for this! You get the drift
Lost the GMAT/International MBA Guru to AIM-WCS and got trounced in the favorite poster (one you would like to follow) category by the likes of MvB ACM No 9, Desiguru (yet again ) and Plumber :mg
:
Not to mention votes in the best poster, most intelligent poster category in the GMAT Section. This was the year you had the likes of Keya, Iday and KunalNagpal (all Chicago GSB), and Senapati (Stanford) at the peak of posting spree. I don't think we saw such posters on the forum ever again (Cryonnerve being an exception)

Trivia - This year there was a guy who lost the "best new comer" award this year - some noob called Prem_Ravi

I think by now my patience was to write long posts was wearing thin and like baccardi - age was catching up
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/22385-integral-pagal-awards-2006-07-a-12.html#post760481
2007-08
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/pagalguy-community-events-pg-meets/31141-pagal-awards-2007-08-puyscars-10.html#post1128707

No Awards in any of the categories
- not even best oldie But then that was expected/deserved as I probably did not post for the entire year. I remember logging into PG one day and seeing a message that said something to the effect "We see you have not been using the forums....encourage you to post and share you knowledge...." yaada yaada

2008-09

Happy for the 2 awards in the GMAT Section threads. Hopefully some of you have benefitted from the advice I dispensed:

Most reliable & Active Poster - Psychodementia

Most Intelligent poster in GMAT Section - Tie between Neo2000 and Psychodementia
As with every neta worth his salt I too have to make promises that I have no hopes of holding to So here goes-

Hopefully starting this year (2009) I hope to make some changes that I have been wanting to do for some time now - start posting on the other sections too especially lounge, chit-chat, careers etc. Also over the years - those who know - will vouch that I have mellowed down - my posts are less funnier and more sober. I also resolve to change that Also get more active in networking the old folks on PG and have some PG alum sessions atleast in Bangalore. Plus I will continue with my GMAT-MBA coffee talks - last count the number stood at around 50 - hope to reach 100+ by end of the year. And finally you shall also see some articles from me (agar HQ waale bhailog ki krupa-drishti rahegi)

Thanks,

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mujhe kaun vote dega :banghead: :banghead:

Rungta -> I voted for you Mujhe party chahiye

Prem_ravi -> I am sure I voted for you in more than one category You owe more than one party

MFI and Deep -> You deserve it re ....

RMBT -> You will sure reach the 7000 posts soon 😉

SGS -> quite surprised that you are the most networked user :clap::clap:and I hope that you keep up the good work like the HUTCH dog (remember the punch line where ever you go, our network follows) :biggrin:

and POH -> I forgot to vote for this thread in the category I wanted to.
rungta, maverick_srikanth and others know what I am talking about

On a serious note, congratulations to all the winners :cheers:

and don't stop posting once you join a B-Skool or get married :sneaky:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Neo2000 Says
Tankoo! Tankoo very much!! i voted for Psychodementia so the tie is puzzling. Tankoo to whoever voted for me :)

And I voted for you

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
estranged_gnrs Says
GMAT/International MBA Guru - baccardisprite

Age has dulled my ability to deliver a thankyou speech as entertaining as those from all other winners, so...

Thankyou all - this is a pleasant surprise! Congratulations all winners, and best wishes to everyone.

Cheerz
Baccardisprite
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Most helpful Alumni/B-Schooler - Lots of nominees but Jok3r beats them all!

Ambujesh told me I had won a puyscar after he returned from AIPGM, but I believed it only when I saw my name

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I have only been trying to continue the work done by Revant(Pro), Baby & Anarchy last year

All the B-schoolers who have been helping out on the IIMs/XL/Nitie/MDI etc. threads deserve an applause for their efforts, the long list of nominees shows that...Deep's award is all the more commendable since he is a B-schooler himself :thumbsup:

Great to see Delhi winning the prize this year and even better to see Harsh(made_for_iims), no one deserves it more than him :)

Thanks
Himanshu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

This is one of the most pleasant surprise of my life.
I could never imagine me being nominated for puyscars.....and that too this way :wow:

PG's most appropriate User Name :wow: :wow:
PG King runner up : :shocked: :shocked:

Thanks a lot guys..... I know any words written will be less for the love , care and guidance I have got from PG....PG is responsible for watever I have got today.....

Thanks once again Puys for being with me in bad as well as good times!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GMAT Section

Best Thread - GMAT Query Center

Best Poster in GMAT Section - Neo2000

Most reliable & Active Poster - Psychodementia

Most Intelligent poster in GMAT Section - Tie between Neo2000 and Psychodementia

GMAT/International MBA Guru - baccardisprite

-------------------------------------------------------
Cheers and congratulations to all the winners! Now we await your winning speeches!

Rohit

Cheers,
Rohit

Tankoo! Tankoo very much!! i voted for Psychodementia so the tie is puzzling. Tankoo to whoever voted for me 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Most Helpful User - deep_agarwal

Ah, nice 😁 :D

Well, I haven't been able to help as many people as I had been the last year. However, such is providence

Thanks a lot to all those people who voted for me. (Also, to those who didn't ;))

I wish to be able to continue "helping" others. :)

Congratulations to all other winners. Some surprises surely. :-P
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...