Purdue Fall 08

300 Posts  ·  69 Users
About this group
Hello everyone, Did not see any thread for Krannert so created and new one. Any one who has purdue admit , they do not have interviews. My profile: Gmat: 670/5 toefl : 113 exp at 08 : almost 7(3 yrs in US) Extra curricular: ok G...
Page 1 of 30

Hello Purdue guys,

Pls help me out. I have gmat 660 and 4.5 yr IT exp. I am planning to apply to purdue for fall 2010.
pls advice if it is possible to get scholarship at 660 gmat, and how are my chances in purdue. i guess 4+ yr exp is decent
Also pls comment on the concentration. I want to go for innovation and entrepreneurship as i see myself in business in 5 yrs period. so wud purdue provide me an entrepreneural environment ?

pls comment

Thanks a ton !

Ankit Arora

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Rashi
Congrats on your admit.
You will find a lot of pple in the following orkut community:

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=45160440

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,
Can we all make a list of all the people heading to purdue this fall so the we can all share some common information.
My profile.
GMAT :740
TOEFL 111
Got admits from Fisher with 50% schol and from Simon wid 20000$ schol . finally heading to purdue . cause got an inter that will compensate for a fulll fee waiver.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Pguys,

No updates on Submitting financial proofs for I-20.

Has anyone recieved his/her I-20 yet??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Replied to your PM a short while ago

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

i have received an admit fro MSIA. Any ideas on how to make the confirmation payment ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii..has any 2nd rond applicants heard back from Purdue yet...?..the asked me lat week for my Original Degree..but have since not reverted back with any news of results..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ask that to the Tepper adcom :tongue: Usually the number of admits a college extends takes into account previous year yields....So they are already expecting that about half of the students offered admission will not matriculate finally.

I will try to answer your questions -
1. Yes. You could do that. Accept both offers by sending them the confirmation deposit. You would lose some money by accepting multiple offers but it would buy you some time to make a decision. It is also theoretically possible to get I20s issued from more than one college. However, you would have to choose one of these for paying the SEVIS / getting the visa.
@others, please correct me if I am wrong

2. sorry, cannot help. don't know much abt penn state.

Hey Thanks alot for the info...I was just anxious because i heard someone say that the schools share some information and may not look good if you accept admission at two places..Even though your intention is to have a safe bet because one schoo'ls waitlist got converted to an admit later on (after the first decision date)...
Thanks...=)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey well i'm kinda new here ..But it was only too tempting to reply back this message..So if ure not going to tepper any chances they'll give me ure seat ? =P ...hehe...well i got into purdue and Pennstate and got waitlisted at Tepper...I have a couple of questions if smone could help out.
1. What if I picked either PennState or purdue by the end of this month cos i have to pay the deposit ,and by chance i get into Tepper, Can i accept that too? considering that is my first choice ?

2. If i have to choose between Pennstate and Purdue what do u think is a better choice ? ( I'm keen on focusing on entrepreneuship and innovation)

Any responses will be highly appreciated !! thanks =)

l

Ask that to the Tepper adcom :tongue: Usually the number of admits a college extends takes into account previous year yields....So they are already expecting that about half of the students offered admission will not matriculate finally.

I will try to answer your questions -
1. Yes. You could do that. Accept both offers by sending them the confirmation deposit. You would lose some money by accepting multiple offers but it would buy you some time to make a decision. It is also theoretically possible to get I20s issued from more than one college. However, you would have to choose one of these for paying the SEVIS / getting the visa.
@others, please correct me if I am wrong

2. sorry, cannot help. don't know much abt penn state.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thank you Abbas and Alex for your opinion. Appreciate your inputs.

It is true that the only consulting possible at Krannert would be either in the field of operations or In house consulting groups of manufacturing orgs or IT consulting (Deloitte, IBM etc.)

My decision will depend squarely on the availability of funds now. Tepper does not offer any co-signor based loan, so I have arrange for funds from India. If I can do it, then it will be Tepper, else you will find me partying at West Lafayette :)

Hey well i'm kinda new here ..But it was only too tempting to reply back this message..So if ure not going to tepper any chances they'll give me ure seat ? =P ...hehe...well i got into purdue and Pennstate and got waitlisted at Tepper...I have a couple of questions if smone could help out.
1. What if I picked either PennState or purdue by the end of this month cos i have to pay the deposit ,and by chance i get into Tepper, Can i accept that too? considering that is my first choice ?

2. If i have to choose between Pennstate and Purdue what do u think is a better choice ? ( I'm keen on focusing on entrepreneuship and innovation)

Any responses will be highly appreciated !! thanks =)

l
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...