PUMBA - DMS, University of Pune year 2010-12 Admissions...

131 Posts  ·  54 Users
About this group
*PUMBA - DMS, University of Pune* Official Thread for Admission Queries for year 2010-12. This thread will try to answer all your queries about *Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune (PUMBA)*. We hope this will help you i...
Page 1 of 14

SIES is better in placements than PUMBA.
also faculty is better.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yes u hav a chance do apply..last year OMS cut-off was around 147 so..best luck

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All ,
Please update Spread Sheet.
All new to thread please don't see and leave it update your marks and details as required.
Market your Score and details
Benefits: 1,You will get a get clear idea of where you stand ,irrespective of percentile
2:Mouth to mouth marketing increases and so more data available for analysis
3:More data means quality information based on which you can analyse,more easy for decision making to select and target a particular B-school.
4:No need to rely on various coaching class or other unauthenicated source for cut off.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak6hZf9IpXiCdGZSLWxOeU5WaHVGbkFmWHg3ZEtUR3c&hl;=en

And Last pagalguy is Great grandmother of all queries related to MBA forum and definitely a regular visit for serious MBA aspirants.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hey mr. sharma
a query for u.
my situation is same as pj12 in terms of scores. i mean i also can get sies dalmia and pumba. i am from pune university. but hostelite in pune also. well my specialization is for sure finance. mainly equity and i banking. i want to know shud i stay with pumba or dalmia will offer me my career prospects. well pumba has bank and insurance specialization. it wont help me tht much but as a frsher i am not aware of finance from dalmia. will it be worth not money prob but my precious two yrs. does dalmia place all their grads in finance stream? i mean 150ppl is a tough job. discuss ur views. later i only hav to decide. sorry for long post.

Like u said, you are in the same position as pj12 this year and in the same position i was last year. I decided to go for Dalmia and do not regret it any time.

In Dalmia there are 150 ppl who opt for finance. This is further divided into
1) banking & corporate finance
2) derivatives & fixed income securities

Placement for finance is time consuming. Also the process of recruitment for some banks like bank of baroda, union bank, Bank of India takes around 1 month.
Apart from the time consuming factor, there is no problem.

The best part is that finance ppl get a finance / banking profile and NOT sales / insurance (except a few cases)

Fees for Dalmia would be around 95k so its more by 30k

Advice you to visit both the b-schools before making a decision.

NOTE - For any further queries please use the thread for Dalmia. This is only for queries related to pumba.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@PJ12
Dude dont go by placements and max salary stuff while choosing a stream. my 2nd cousin got iim a pgp in marketing just running behind high salary thing but nw his salary is just above average probably 10-12 four year hence. i mean he is nt good at mktng. his friends told him and along wit them he took. now he's planning to apply to stanford or london
business school for change of stream. depends from person to person. one more guy i kno who did operations and now doing emba from symbi in mktng field..

thnxx for dis yaar... but i'm not simply going for any stream which provides max placement :d
i wz asking like dalmia is good for finance... similarly... what specializations hv decent placements in PUMBA...

i hv not yet finalized d stream which is best for me....
i'll b needing help in this regard as well... !! 😃
Pranjal Singh MBA++ (2010-2012) P.U.MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@PJ12
Dude dont go by placements and max salary stuff while choosing a stream. my 2nd cousin got iim a pgp in marketing just running behind high salary thing but nw his salary is just above average probably 10-12 four year hence. i mean he is nt good at mktng. his friends told him and along wit them he took. now he's planning to apply to stanford or london
business school for change of stream. depends from person to person. one more guy i kno who did operations and now doing emba from symbi in mktng field..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey mr. sharma
a query for u.
my situation is same as pj12 in terms of scores. i mean i also can get sies dalmia and pumba. i am from pune university. but hostelite in pune also. well my specialization is for sure finance. mainly equity and i banking. i want to know shud i stay with pumba or dalmia will offer me my career prospects. well pumba has bank and insurance specialization. it wont help me tht much but as a frsher i am not aware of finance from dalmia. will it be worth not money prob but my precious two yrs. does dalmia place all their grads in finance stream? i mean 150ppl is a tough job. discuss ur views. later i only hav to decide. sorry for long post.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
TrueFacts Says
Dnt knw much about SIES but Dalmia is better than PUMBA with respect to Finance specialization....if u r damn sure about ur specialization i.e. Finance then go with Dalmia....but there also u will get tough competition as 200 ppl opt for finance there... but as u r biased with respect to ROI...then will advice u to go with PUMBA than SIES n Dalmia....

am not completely sure abt my specialization... :d

well.. can u tell me... which branch has advantage over SIES n other collg in d league?
or which branch has max n good placements??
Pranjal Singh MBA++ (2010-2012) P.U.MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
TrueFacts Says
Dnt knw much about SIES but Dalmia is better than PUMBA with respect to Finance specialization....if u r damn sure about ur specialization i.e. Finance then go with Dalmia....but there also u will get tough competition as 200 ppl opt for finance there... but as u r biased with respect to ROI...then will advice u to go with PUMBA than SIES n Dalmia....

In Dalmia the total strength (PG + MMS) is 240 out of which 150 opted for finance. This year its going to be 140 - 150 students for finance.

In terms of fees, Dalmia (MMS course) is costly by around Rs. 30,000 as compared to PUMBA.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hey thanx...

can u please tell me any other colges i should try before PUMBA..

Before Pumba you can try for JB , Syd, KJ, Welingkar, SIES, Dalmia.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...