Progress 4GL versus any other technology ??

5 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi friends, I am new to this forum.My greetings to all of you. I am an MCA 2006 passout currently working in a mid-size company on a progress 4GL technology project. But i am constantlly insecured about the future of this technology as ve...
Page 1 of 1

no , ur final sem project is not part of ur work ex .
its serperate ! i hope u have the project report thats important , all other things dont matter .. for tcs search tcs in pg...there are therads abt tcs juntas and they are helpful
atb
~N

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey ninja & vishy ,

Thanx guys for the suggestions.
But i want to ask one thing that will my final semester project that i did with this company also become null and void if i leave without settling the bond ? Because as a regular employee i don't mind losing 2-3 months of experience . Although i do have the appointment letter and the salary slips i'll start collecting from ths month onwards till the time i don't step into TCS.
Secondly the choice for technology is provided or not. Please can some TCS guy enlighten me???

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum.My greetings to all of you.
I am an MCA 2006 passout currently working in a mid-size company on a progress 4GL technology project.
But i am constantlly insecured about the future of this technology as very few companies work on it.Recently i appeared for TCS selection and got thru.
Now i have 3 queries:
1). What happens after clearing the interview rounds at TCS? Will there be some medical tests.If yes ,then what kind of tests?

2). The company m working with has 2 years bond with me, of which i have only completed 3 months.The amount is 1.5 lakhs and as everyone knows TCS also has a bond .So wat should i do?

3). Their is no guarantee of TCS providing me some other technology to work upon. Whereas I am mainly leaving my current job because I don't want to work on Progress 4GL .

I know I have asked a lot of queries but friends its really a desperate and urgent kinda situation for me.

Thanx Guys,
Chum

Pray tell me this 4GL is it something similar to Informix? Ever heard of that? :-? if not, forget it...

First of all, bond is not legal.
Unless you go and wag your tail in front of your company after you have left your job (read:disappeared), it shouldn't trouble you at all.
But on the other hand what you would lose is your experience i.e. if you go to some other company or even MBA college, you can't show your work-ex at that company, coz you wouldn't have any proof (e.g. relieving letter, etc) Although, some companies do consider salary slips as proof.
So its up to you on that front.

Regarding the medical tests, TCS guys would/should update you on that.

Regarding the technology, yes, there is no guarantee; but you can always insist on some other technology. Generally there is a choice.

are you sure bonded labour is legal in India ? i was in a similar situ when I had a stayam call... i didnt join coz of heavy bond ....but i was told by many veterans that bond might not work out well in a court of law ... but u will have some problems to get ur relieving letter from ur present company i guess.

i dont think you jump from any company by paying 1.5 lakhs unless you are offered a real increase in salary . you can always jump from this company to another after 2 years... tcs never pays you much unless you have good workex . so u will never make up for 1.5 lakhs .

just an opinion , make ur call and make sure its sensible...

atb
~N

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum.My greetings to all of you.
I am an MCA 2006 passout currently working in a mid-size company on a progress 4GL technology project.
But i am constantlly insecured about the future of this technology as very few companies work on it.Recently i appeared for TCS selection and got thru.
Now i have 3 queries:
1). What happens after clearing the interview rounds at TCS? Will there be some medical tests.If yes ,then what kind of tests?

2). The company m working with has 2 years bond with me, of which i have only completed 3 months.The amount is 1.5 lakhs and as everyone knows TCS also has a bond .So wat should i do?

3). Their is no guarantee of TCS providing me some other technology to work upon. Whereas I am mainly leaving my current job because I don't want to work on Progress 4GL .

I know I have asked a lot of queries but friends its really a desperate and urgent kinda situation for me.

Thanx Guys,
Chum