Probably the first person GMAT - 800 (Q 52 V 48)

152 Posts  ·  82 Users
About this group
Hey, I have been using this site for sometime now haven't been an active participant. Got done with my GMAT today morning, probably the first person on PG to score a 800(Q52 V48 ). Awaiting AWA scores. Good luck guys with your preparations....
Page 1 of 16

Secondly, this is for the mods - since we know now the truth (thanks to mayank). Why not lock this thread and ban the user?

Locked. 😃
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I think its like what Malcolm Gladwell says in his book "Blink". You just spot a fake when you see it (unless you are Ramalinga Raju )

My point is you can take his advice if you feel it can help you. But your attitude of blindly following what a 800-scorer does can be deterimental. Remember what works for them need not work for you.

In this particular case I think Mayank has proved it beyond doubt that this is a fake. So I don't think anybody is interested in spending time explaining the whys to you.

Take care,

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
Firstly this guy is a confirmed fake so Girish you might want to post your query in the GMAT query center.

Secondly, this is for the mods - since we know now the truth (thanks to mayank). Why not lock this thread and ban the user?

Arun

PS: For all - I wanted to test this guy so I wrote him a PM around the time this thread was alive and he was still answering questions

"Congrats! I heard that the GMAT testing screen has an easter egg when you hit the 800 mark and that you get some special message. I got to know it from one of my friends who is in Standford (who in turn got it from his classmate). Can you please tell me what the message was?"

If this was true he would have written back "quit kidding - there is no such thing" but instead he didn't respond!

Arun

I've skipped my lunch reading 15 pages of this thread...Things began to look shady in the middle and now this!

I know I'm bumping an old thread itself, but I would really like some closure on this whole thread at least for the sake of the lunch that I missed...

I agree that strategies are to be tailored for individual use and this nikhil guy has come up with some reasonable sounding strategies. But we'd like to know if it's going to fetch us results.

Hell, I could advice people to read OG10 and eleven 4 times over, and though it's quite obvious it will elevate their performance, will anyone listen to me? No! Because I haven't scored an 800...

I can safely say that my command over English is not wretched. But if someone can safely tell me that cramming the Wren and Martin for 2 months, by skipping OG11 revision, is going to get me that much closer to 800 in GMAT, you'll find me book in hand, tonight! This is where I wish Nikhil were more open with his performance and share his scorecard just so he could lend some credibility to his advice.

Then again, the arguments posted by the naysayers is also not conclusive enough. Just because this guy did not pass out from a college doesn't mean he didn't score well in GMAT. It weakens his case, admittedly, but it doesn't prove guilt. What struck me was the argument about it being impossible to score 52. Could someone please post as to why 51 is the highest possible score? At least a PM to me will considerably ease my ado. This would truly be conclusive evidence one way or another.

Again, sorry for raising an old topic from the dead, but I hope that if someone(claimants like aim_wsc, jackal etc) gives out the logic for the 51/52 funda, it would really help out the homus ignoramus like me!
FT MBA (2013-14), Melbourne Business School

I second Arun...the thread be locked...and the name of thread be changed to avoid any confusion...

thanks

Hi Nikil,

Many congrats on a great score.
Just wanted some light on a couple of things.

-Regards,
Girish Malik

Firstly this guy is a confirmed fake so Girish you might want to post your query in the GMAT query center.

Arun

PS: For all - I wanted to test this guy so I wrote him a PM around the time this thread was alive and he was still answering questions

"Congrats! I heard that the GMAT testing screen has an easter egg when you hit the 800 mark and that you get some special message. I got to know it from one of my friends who is in Standford (who in turn got it from his classmate). Can you please tell me what the message was?"

If this was true he would have written back "quit kidding - there is no such thing" but instead he didn't respond!

Arun

Hi Nikil,

Many congrats on a great score.
Just wanted some light on a couple of things.

1. I think am done with the study part and need to do some practice tests seriously. I tried GMATPrep 1 scored 710 was unable to complete the Quant section - missed 6 questions. Then did Powerprep after a week- managed 790(not sure what happened here). Then tried GMAT Prep 1 again after another week - managed 760, then gave the Princeton Review GMAT CAT test 1 on Friday and managed 720.

I have not taken a date as yet as i feel confident at times and lacking at other times. What do you advise. I have been studyign for about 2.5 months now and would like to take exam before 15th Feb if possible.

2. Also on the tests, based on your experience, what practice tests you suggest - I tried Princeton today , someone later told me on the forum that Princeton is not that good. So what do you suggest vis a vis closeness to the real exam.

3. Someone told me that OG is too simple for GMAT high score so i need to look for material like 4GMAT. I am worried what to do. Could you give some advice here.

4. Lastly, I think my probability/Permutations-Combinations is real bad, any advise or study guide you can recommend, I 'd really appreciate.

Many thanks.

and congrats again.
p.s. if you could send those bf questions to malik.girish@gmail.com , I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks and Regards,
Girish Malik
-Regards,
Girish Malik

Hi guys,

I believe, since this thread is old, by now people know about the authenticity of arora.nikhil.

Just in case, for the benefit of others, if someonw still is sending him pms...well::

He is a fake...he was caught red handed in the "ISB ASPIRANTS 2009" forum. He wrote that he applid to ISB, but there was no one by that name in the Round 1 application pool..this was verified by a current student and member of the adcom, ISB.

M

Not to mention wasting 15 pages on the thread

Though even I think this 800 thing is a fake I feel you should give him benefit of doubt in this particular aspect i.e. grammatical mistake. I usually type faster than I think and many a times make very lame mistakes. So I don't think grammar of posts should be a yardstick to judge the geniunity of the score

My $0.02

Arun

Point taken Arun Sir.

It's a combination of many factors making me think the way i am... typo is just one of them...

best,
ashish
With due respect, I have serious doubts about authenticity of this post...

If it's a prank, it's hurting as dozens of puys are putting their queries hoping sum help from nikhil...I wish to give all the benefit of doubt but my heart as well as brain disagrees..

best,
ashish

Not to mention wasting 15 pages on the thread

Though even I think this 800 thing is a fake I feel you should give him benefit of doubt in this particular aspect i.e. grammatical mistake. I usually type faster than I think and many a times make very lame mistakes. So I don't think grammar of posts should be a yardstick to judge the geniunity of the score

My $0.02

Arun
Hey,
I have been using this site for sometime now haven't been an active participant. Got done with my GMAT today morning, probably the first person on PG to score a 800(Q52 V48 ).
Awaiting AWA scores.
Good luck guys with your preparations. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank You
Nikil

With due respect, I have serious doubts about authenticity of this post...

somebody from IIT-D mentioned that there was no nikhil arora in IIT-D in last 5 batches...mathematically, I dont see a 100 percentile possible... Q52 is not at all possible...when even the scorecard doesnt have this option...and most importantly...I wanna comment on the grammar of this 800 scorer...

score a 800
Wrong... it shud be score 'an 800' because you pronounce it as an ate hundred..

19/20 indians wud commit that mistake n it may be a typo...but not acceptable from the 800 scorer....

If it's a prank, it's hurting as dozens of puys are putting their queries hoping sum help from nikhil...I wish to give all the benefit of doubt but my heart as well as brain disagrees..

best,
ashish