Princeton Review

17 Posts  ·  27 Users
About this group
*Please Don't Join Princeton review !!* *Reasons:* 1\. Each class consists of 2 hrs of lecture, which includes doubt solving time :stuck_out_tongue: . The class is always late by half an hour. 2\. They only read the things given in their m...
Page 1 of 2

Hi Princeton Review Team,

I am one of the students enrolled for GMAT classes. I am facing not so good experience while dealing with your Quant faculty Anjali Sharma.She is extremely rude while responding to queries or when someone doesn't understand concepts, despite having a PhD. has lack of knowledge regarding some basic mathematical concepts and is sometimes unreceptive to new shortcuts or techniques. I would like to state that I have no personal enmity against her and would neither want you to fire her. I just want you to bring the feedback to her notice so that she can just mend her ways and be professional.Please don't fire her, just tell her to mend her ways!! I would not reveal my identity as well as my center name, batch code because I don't want to get into trouble with her or anyone!!

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All. I also need suggestions on which GMAT coaching institute to join in Bangalore. I spoke to my seniors in college and they The Princeton Review. Please help. Am planning to write GMAT next year

Always keep playing the game
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After carefully reviewing all institutes and especially speaking to a lot of my seniors, I joined Princeton Review and I am happy to say that my experience has been amazing. You may be able to get the reading material or even tests from other institutes, but the way people at Manya have been guiding me is what sets them apart

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am S.T.P. Bharadwaja (an aspiring Ph.D student) and I have recently given  GRE and TOEFL and scored 317 and 109 respectively. I have taken coaching in Princeton Review Tarnaka Branch Hyderarbad and it has helped me a lot. Especially in the quant section Mrs. Manisha Srivastava has helped me in tackling the questions swiftly by teaching effective techniques like plugging in, Elimination technique etc. Also the drills in the student portal equipped me with enough problem solving skills. Mrs. Manisha has always been there helping me out whenever I required some help, be it in data interpretation problems where students take some considerable time or in probability and permutation and combination questions. Verbal section is considered to be tough in GRE. But, Mr. Harikishan Addepalli who taught us and prepared us for the verbal section made it quite fun and the learning process was exciting. The practice tests in the student portal gives one a realistic picture of what one is going to face in the real time test plus, give or take 3 or 4 marks. For TOEFL, Ms. Babitha has constantly advised the students on the areas one could improve upon and always helped students through activities conducted in the class.  I would definitely advice Princeton Review (Tarnaka Branch, Hyderabad) for GRE and TOEFL coaching to aspirants of GRE and TOEFL. Hoping of getting into a good University in U.S. Fingers crossed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GMAT GMAT GMAT!!!!!!!

I have worked with 'The Princeton Review' and currently working in one of the most reputed school 'The Doon School'.

I just want to share reviews regarding your GMAT preparation. I believe it will help to some real profiles on the page :-

1. Always take two demo ongoing classes and then take your time to decide. One maths and one verbal.

2. Always meet existing students either in the class or after the class ( out of the institute) to get realistic reviews.

3. Ask for discount it's your right. Each company has some leverage regarding there fees.

4. Try not to listen anyone, including me, on blogs and forums. It's fabricated and preplanned.

5. Talk to the counsellor & teacher regarding the colleges, cost, registration of exam and process of application you will get to know how much actually they know the application.

6. Ask him to show his GMAT SCORE on the official link by supplying his authentication code.[Every time a person takes the GMAT an authentication code is supplied to him with his unofficial score report].

Before hand collect basic knowledge of GMAT and Colleges in reach so that you can ask meaningful questions. This pre-analysis will also help you to understand how good the institution is in terms of education. It's education for you but business for some so choose wisely.

Improving Future.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This page is confusing the GMAT aspirants so much!! At once it says dont join , and then there is one positive post also.. I think i better didn't join the "controversial review" 

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applying to foreign Universities is a long process where you need to be wise and you need to weigh down the options. Manya Education Pvt. Ltd. has almost halved the task of application. The counsellors are highly trained and have up to date information about the courses and curriculums offered at the Universities. The editors too are proficient and they stay in touch with you till the end helping you out altogether with your Statement of Purpose and Resume as they form a crucial part of the application process. Starting from the first step of shortlisting the Universities (again the counsellors shortlist specific Universities based on your profile, your interest, your score and your specific needs) till the time you are offered an admission, they are there with you all the time ready to guide and help you throughout. Thank You for your wonderful guidance and for your continuous support.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I feel a good graduate education is very essential in building the right sort of career! However, there are a lot of things to be done to ensure that we get the right graduate school! Manya abroad by Princeton review has helped me in every step in this path! Starting first with the GRE and TOEFL coaching, it helped me get a pretty good score! Moving on the admission counsellor was successful in exactly understanding my profile and interests and giving me a set of universities to apply to. Moving on the editor was extremely helpful inw writing a very competitive statement of purpose! They also helped me with all the docs related to admissions and this able guidance has helped me gain admission to all the colleges I had applied, most of them being ranked in the top 30. My wholehearted thanks to Manya abroad!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi arung, in the link that you have sent across, the matter is sub-judice and so, it might not be appropriate to cite that as a proof against PR.

Also, from what I see here in Bangalore, PR has around (I think) 5 centers and all of them seem to be running at "full capacity". They must be doing something right. If students are just falling for "extensive marketing" of PR, it is the fault of students and not fault of PR. However, if PR is engaging in some false campaigns, I would agree with you.

Also as you would have noticed, the original poster seems to have just signed on to PG recently and blasted PR on his/her only mail. A bit suspicious....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This is utter crap. Trainers at TPR are all TPR US Certified and they undergo a rigorous GMAT/GRE/SAT training.
Also, the scores speak a lot about us and individual opinion should try not be derogatory. This post calls for a strict action and defamation suite after verifying the IP address of the person who posted it. We shall take a prompt action in this regard.
The Princeton Material is best taught by princeton faculty. We are present world-wide in 25 countries across 1100 Locations which speaks a lot about a brand and presence.
Thanks

Surprising that you would actually dare talking about filing a lawsuit. How did you infer that the post was meant for defaming you. It was well the opinion of one member and you have NO right to gag somebody here. If you try to do that, then you are unwelcome here.

Please go through the following post which appeared in The New York Times exposing the fraud at Princeton Review. Don't worry, one of the members on PG didn't post it there. It was written by the journos there. I hope that you don't file a case against The NYT now :-D
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/nyregion/princeton-review-accused-of-fraud-in-tutoring-program.html?_r=2&hp;

Secondly, being present in a lot of locations across countries doesn't necessarily mean that the products being offered are good. It's just that Princeton review started 30-40 years back so it had the advantage of starting early when there were not many players in Test Prep, but now the situation is changing with time and Princeton Review has been unable to keep up with the changes. That's a fact. I know that PR is very good at promoting itself and that's why even without quality products, some students are bound to fall for the advertisements.

Guys,please make informed decisions.I'm not saying that don't join PR. If you like their instructor or books then do join them but firstly do a good amount of research/talk to their faculty and find out about their credentials and what exactly would they teach in the class and how will they help you .OR buy PR's Crack the GMAT book or for that matter any book by Princeton Review and you are wise enough to decide for yourself . :)
I am an active member on the PG and can lose my cool absolutely when representatives of these coaching classes try to stiffle the voices of others.
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...