Princeton review

23 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
Hi, Is it worth for money to join princeton review for gmat classes as the fee is 34k.there is an option so that we can join for english and maths separately by paying 17 for each of the above
Page 1 of 3

hi.. thinking of giving gmat in may 2016. please suggest a book for mathematics practice for the same, a little on the higher side as per standards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have already given my GMAT once and got a Abysmal score of 580, looking to join classes in Mumbai for some professional help. Split between Sharp Minds Personal Tutoring by

MURTUZA GADIWALA or join Princeton Review. Could someone please help me out with some suggestions, it would be of great help.

Thank you.

2 comments
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

Hi there,

We would advise you to visit both the coaching centers and interact with their expert counselors. Ask all your questions and try to understand if your queries are being addressed well. To understand better, take a mock test and discuss your performance in detail with the faculty there.Based on your interactions take the call which institute to join.

Good Luck 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
osh77
@osh77  ·  0 karma

Hi, Thank you for your frank opinion. Also, I've already visited the Princeton review office in Mumbai. The people there have been pretty professional and helpful.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am an IT professional with 8 years of work ex in ERP consulting. I had written GMAT 2 years back and didnt score well and got 550.

I am B.tech with 75%

Xth - 90%

XIIth - 79%

I am planning to write GMAT again targetting Executive MBA programmes in India starting 2015. I would like to ensure I start right while other pre-requisites for a good college can be processed in parallel.

Colleges targeted - ISB,IIMB,IIMC,IIML,SP Jain Mumbai,Great Lakes,FMS(If possible)

Any other colleges you can suggest?

Can you please help me to kick start my course and what else should I bear in mind to make sure I get through?

Thanks.

1 comment
swapniltpr
@swapniltpr  ·  8 karma

ISB and IIM are best accessible colleges with your kind of work ex. in INDIA.

You should have an approximation of opportunity cost.

Fee for ISB is 25 lacs plus 2 lakhs here and there.

To start you must give a free mock test available on any of the websites. Access where you stand currently. Then you can pick up 8 Manhattan strategy guides and brush up the concepts. It's been 8 years since you are working so you will take some time to come back to the maths and verbal required for GMAT. Then you can jump to GMAT Official Guide.

You should try and give your GMAT by 15 September else max. by 15 November for 2015 Fall intake. Remember you cannot take another attempt with in 30 days of first attempt.

BEST OF LUCK, Shobit!!!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Gogineni,

I am not the biggest supporter of Princeton Review tutoring, not because they won't help you, but I think you can get better value from other tutoring companies. I have heard good things about Knewton.com, which is priced pretty similarly.

The PrincetonReview tutors aren't required to have top GMAT scores, so in general I feel that the tutoring is lower.

That being said, the good thing about Prep classes is that they force you to study which is good. Depending on your time frame, make sure to take 1 full practice exam every Sunday. You can get free ones from ManhattanGMAT.com, Knewton.com, and MBA.com (2 free exams.)

Honestly, I'd also recommend you purchase the Official GMAT Book; you'll get a lot more value.

Feel free to reach out if I can help any more.

-Anurag

1 comment
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

Hi Anurag,

Greetings from Manya Abroad – The Princeton Review.
We are deeply concerned that your experience with us has not been at par with your expectations.

We have a policy of zero-tolerance when it comes to customer dissatisfaction and therefore let us take this opportunity and arrive at a meaningful resolution.

Please share the nature of your grievance in detail and we will do our best to bring this matter to an objective resolution.

Best Regards

Manya Abroad – The Princeton Review

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

I am planning to join The Princeton Review in Pune 2 months down. But currently TPR is offering me prep classes with 33k charges and claming to provide free Admission Counselling later which is worth 27K.
I would like to know if the TPR really charges so much for Admission Counselling OR it' just the carrot shown to make me to join early?
Does any one has got any idea on this?

1 comment
swapniltpr
@swapniltpr  ·  8 karma

I would suggest you to call the institute branches across various cities and cross check. It's better to check before you jump in.

BEST OF LUCK !!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does Princeton Review fee includes Admission Counselling too OR TPR charges for it separately?

1 comment
swapniltpr
@swapniltpr  ·  8 karma

Separately.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think you have been mislead. I had called the Princeton lastweek, and the price quoted was close to 20K.
They told me that this includes OG and their books and some online stuff. .... let me say I am paying for the opportunity cost (If I do the reserach to come up with all of this, I will have to pay a much bigger price).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think you have been mislead. I had called the Princeton lastweek, and the price quoted was close to 20K.
They told me that this includes OG and their books and some online stuff. .... let me say I am paying for the opportunity cost (If I do the reserach to come up with all of this, I will have to pay a much bigger price).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,
People must refrain themselves from naming any institutes in the Forum, its a platform for solving queries and helping other PGites not for Advertising any so called Brands in so many cities.

All the Best!
Keep querying!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
My score moved from 570 to 710 with XXX i.e. GMAT Wings. I have seen comments reg infrastructure tests etc etc etc. No competition involved here but just a few points to ponder about

1. Who really sets the GMAT Tests? GMAC - so whether its Princeton or Kaplan or any TDH, the questions have to be in line with GMAC. GMAC spends USD 250 per live question. (You can get all this detailed info in the case that outlines GMAC vs Scoretop case that went in favor of GMAC)

2. Whether you access the free online tests from GMAC, Kaplan, Princeton, Manhattan or whateva - they will always be in line with the real GMAC questions.

If we go by the logic of books, then any TDH should be able to prepare for GMAT by himself/herself w/o having to go to any class. If books could explain everything that is needed, I don't think any class would survive in the world.

For the record - average number of enrollments in PR Pune is 4 per month.
Kaplan is 5 per month. CL (Veritas Prep is 5 per month) CF is 4 per month. Achievers Point is 8 per month. Dilip Oak's is 10 per month. GMAT Wings is 10 per month. How many students of PR have managed 700+ score? How many of them have got the right counselling for business school as per their career goals?

And most important, how many of the classes have GMAT faculty who have cracked the GMAT themselves? So if one is willing to spend hard earned money for access to an online database (Kaplan gives that for USD 199 and its almost the same as Princeton Review) by all means take it. Better option - get home tuitions from PR faculty who are paid INR 450 per hour thanks to their (virtual) 99th percentile.

I never knew that 50 on quant translates to 99th percentile on GMAT. Neither was I aware that a dismal score of 25 qualifies a person to be a faculty in PR....:D:D:D

Hmmmm.....

Good stats dude.... now its confirmed that you are spying on each and every GMAT classes in Pune... and you are the same guy who runs GMAT wings ....

Now stop opening FAKE ACCOUNTS and misguiding students

If GMAT wings is really worth enough people will surely join your classes no need to open those multiple fake accounts .....

Congrats for those 10 enrollments per months Best luck for your classes and please do something good for those 10 people who have enrolled to your classes.
1 comment
ro.kapoor9
@ro.kapoor9  ·  0 karma

I haven't seemed to have gotten the right guidance yet. I JUST need a tutor to teach me concepts and approaches and am good to go! But, to no avail. People are just elongating the entire process to make it sound all your "money's worth", where as what they're really doing is going through the rigmarole of making you sit and waste your time during their "coaching classes" to make you feel you've justified the money spent. There are literally 20 people who have 20 different fake accounts each in order to crowd on to someone (like me) who's just looking for the right guidance. Haven't got it yet. I've been bitten by this bug of coaching classes etc for exorbitant amounts when I was enrolling for my UG. Nothing's changed even when am looking to go ahead a do my MBA. :/ It's just plain sad.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...