Prevent Farmer Suicide

31 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
*Please join Preventfarmersuicide Google group and soon we may have a big group to coordinate on the issue. Preventfarmersuicide a Google group for young guns of India to use their think tank and come up with a strategy to reduce the number of far...
Page 1 of 4

I hope another case of farmer suicide doesn't spurts up with mayawati harrowing the farmers in noida.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,
Are we doing something for this, anyone in the group in any city working on the planned structure ?

I am in constant touch of some of the social service group but the problem we have according to them is "its very difficult to launch it as a country wide initiative" . Need your ideas and suggestions.
Hope this thing will not be limited to words only and will soon turn into actions :)

let me know if any one has a query and if possible spent some time in strategy building for the group.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The Initiative taken is praisable :thumbsup:. I'm in delhi and want to help u ppl in this regard . This wud be gr8, if we can sav evn a single lyf..

Shyna Chopra

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks Krish,
Good to c one super hero joining in.
We have one guy from IIM C who will be the coordinator from calcutta. will inform you as soon as possible.
Post your suggestions and ideas here and try to get more and more people for the group.

Regards
Mohsin

Will try my best...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
krish2009 Says
Hi I am Krish from Kolkata,I am a BBA(H) graduate.I have joined the group.I will be more than happy if I can come to any use...:splat:

Thanks Krish,
Good to c one super hero joining in.
We have one guy from IIM C who will be the coordinator from calcutta. will inform you as soon as possible.
Post your suggestions and ideas here and try to get more and more people for the group.

Regards
Mohsin
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I am Krish from Kolkata,I am a BBA(H) graduate.I have joined the group.I will be more than happy if I can come to any use...:splat:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
arun mishra Says
I am an engineer, would love to volunteer for the cause. I am from Lucknow.

Thanks Arun,
Please join the Google group if you have not done that till now.
Lucknow coordinator will be in touch with you, we are just few in numbers right now but hoping to get a mass drive soon.
If you have any doubt about the structure we have decided do let me know.

Regards
Mohsin
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey people,
After the discussion we have come up with the following structure of the group. we will have 3 levels in the group divided according to the responsibility :
Level 1: B school graduates.(will coordinate how the group should work and will allocate work to all the engineers and other graduates for their particular area)

Level 2: Engineers and others : Will coordinate with common people and if possible get in touch with all local clubs like rotary and lions club.

Level 3: Field workers: They will be the final field worker along with level 2 members who have to visit near by places weekly or monthly.

please note that this is not a division on the basis of status or your background only motive is to make the best use of time that different category of people have.

let me know if you have any more suggestions and ideas.

I am an engineer, would love to volunteer for the cause. I am from Lucknow.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Mohsin,

It is obvious that you are doing a good job. And we all know that we are lagging some thing called initiative or the first step.

@Group,

These days suicides are increased in Andhra Pradesh due to drought situations over there, till first half of the August. I request some one who is staying in Andhra Pradesh and willing to contribute for the society to take the initiative.

The guy should request the field workers to communicate with the farmers and they need to explain the farmers about the benefits which Government is providing for the farmers like,

* The farmers can insure the crop. This is because in case of any drought situation or floods or pests infections etc., they will get twice the amount they have insured for.

* The farmers can get Kisan Credit Cards. These cards will be issued in almost all the public banks like... DCC bank, Grameena Bank etc., The main aim of this project to be implemented by the Government is to save the farmers from the jaws of the money lenders so that the farmers can get loans at some low rate.

* And one important benefit which the Government is giving for the farmers is, if there is a sudden death of the primary bread earner who is a farmer and who belongs to BPL then the Government will give a sum of Rs.10000 or Govt will give a job to the member of the family. (I am unable to recollect is exactly).

In simple words, what we should do is: We should act as Government Representives by explaining them the benefits that they can get from the Government.

Guys, If you have any suggestions please post them so that we can implement our project ASAP.

May be by October 1,2009 we should be in a position to implement this project at atleast in one part of India.

With Regards,
bheeram

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes Yar you are absolutly correct,
C I have plan but when we approach someone we should have a robust implementation plan ready with us then we can tell them to join us.

Now the plan to get more hands to this purpose

1. Target all the B schools first of all.
  2. Get atleast 4 5 responsible and enthu guys/gls from there.
  3. They themself will come up with area specific plan for this work.
  4. It will be their responsibility to guide and give ideas to people working under them.

If we can implement this I think we will get the pace we are looking for.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...