Prepare one question daily for PI......

23 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Dear Friends, we will discuss here daily atleast one question. Interview cannot be cleared in a day or two. it requires regular preparation & refined answers. So, it is exactly what we will do here. we will post our answers, & take valuable ...
Page 1 of 3

first of all, thanx to topic starter

Well, one of most often asked question in mba as well as placement interviews is "Tell me about yourself".

Question looks simple but its answer creates your first impression in interviewer's mind.
Your second question would be coming out of it.

So, for now my answer would be including:

1)A little introduction about my schooling.

2)Then, i would prefer to move onto my likes and dislikes.

3)A little talk about any nice experience and why I remember it.

Along with it, I would like to associate myself with company's profile

for e.g if there is a consultancy, will try to quote instances which reflect my smartness.

So, qualities mentioned in above posts for a mba student can be included in one way or the other in "about me"

(:
First post!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

My reasons for doing MBA are:

I believe in working for a cause which matches with the ideology of a manager/leader. As I have learnt from my experience, if you are working for a right cause & your means are also right, then you automatically get the support of other people.
I will be open to dynamic opportunities also. There are some external factors over which you have very little control. E.g. when economic recession hit the world, then it became very difficult to start a career as an engineer. After doing MBA, I will be more open to the new dimensions as well as my own domain.
Generally, after MBA, the people are given more responsibility. Also, the growth rate after MBA is approximately three times in comparison to the growth without MBA degree.
In MBA course, you are taught the subjects from various domains, which are very important in todays time. After class 10 only, we choose a specific stream & whole time our focus remains on it. But we should have knowledge of all the domains. And MBA helps in acquiring this knowledge easily & in short span of time. E.g. the subjects taught in MBA consist of Organizational Behavior from Humanities, IPR belong to legal system. Etc.
India is regarded as a country of young leaders. And I dont want to lag behind in this. And MBA will be the step towards that. We are a country where majority of young population as compared to western countries. This resource is a huge asset for our country & provides an opportunity for us.
kindly provide feedback & contribute yours so that you can also refine your reasons....

My reasons for doing MBA are:

I believe in working for a cause which matches with the ideology of a manager/leader. As I have learnt from my experience, if you are working for a right cause & your means are also right, then you automatically get the support of other people.
I will be open to dynamic opportunities also. There are some external factors over which you have very little control. E.g. when economic recession hit the world, then it became very difficult to start a career as an engineer. After doing MBA, I will be more open to the new dimensions as well as my own domain.
Generally, after MBA, the people are given more responsibility. Also, the growth rate after MBA is approximately three times in comparison to the growth without MBA degree.
In MBA course, you are taught the subjects from various domains, which are very important in today's time. After class 10 only, we choose a specific stream & whole time our focus remains on it. But we should have knowledge of all the domains. And MBA helps in acquiring this knowledge easily & in short span of time. E.g. the subjects taught in MBA consist of Organizational Behavior from Humanities, IPR belong to legal system. Etc.
India is regarded as a country of young leaders. And I don't want to lag behind in this. And MBA will be the step towards that. We are a country where majority of young population as compared to western countries. This resource is a huge asset for our country & provides an opportunity for us.
kindly provide feedback & contribute yours so that you can also refine your reasons....

I see there have been following question that have arisen in front of us till now......
1) why MBA?
2) why MBA not your domain of expertise?
3) Strengths?
4) weakness?
5) tell me about yourself?
6) what after MBA?

I would add to his point that The core philosphy of MBA & engineering is same. i.e. the rational & logical thinking, used to solve a problem. So after doing MBA i am broadning my domain from technical.
secondly, nobody can deny the penetration of technology in almost every field. so my knowledge as an engineer will enable me to take better decisions there.
thirdly,
Every technical firm also requires managers who can take decisions for the company. & for taking decision in such firms you need to have knowledge of both the fields technical as well as management.

now brother, you need to think about areas where you can use technology in management.....

I was interviewed last year for NMIMS. and the question which I found to be difficult was -
- I said I want to do mba because, I want to go work at higher levels in organisation. Then he said, "So u want to be a high paid servant."
On this I replied no i dont want to be a high paid servant, my aim is to have a company of my own and run. i want to wrk at higher level in organisation to gain the skills and know how an organisation works. then he said wat kinda organisation u wanna start...i gave blah blah... could not convince him.....

Can help how should have i taken this question and replied.....

two questions which hv been haunting me?
first describe abt ur self....(plzz just lay down a format,n i will work out on tht).
2nd one why should we opt 4 a fresher when we have 1000s of experienced guys....(m a fresher)....
n lastly thanx 4 starting dis thread............................................

Please throw some light on specific branding .

A product which is welcomed by customers over a long period becomes a brand isn't it?( Customers here can be consumers or retailers)

First we may start at the customer's requirement understand their need then Innovate, develop a product which suits their requirement and then find a cost effective method to produce it.

Then comes raising capital or fund pooling?

1. fund pooling
  2. specific branding
  3. niche-specific consumer selection

don't take it otherwise i jst want to discuss it in a general way & no offense is intended.....

OK
I am glad at least some one is so specific about it.
Lets see
For ex-Most of the company which are claiming that they have products which can reduce the wrinkles within a month if not then they refund the money.
Do u think it happens?
I had done some researchers & found they are not that much effective as they are claiming.
I have no rivalry with any of the company.
But I'm not in the favor of spending that sum of huge money were we are getting no result.
As I already mentioned I don't want to open any company.It was question that was asked from me.So I write it down to know other view point.

I can answer all this things-------

1. fund pooling:You should have adequate capital before starting any venture.
  2. specific branding:I agree branding involves lots of money instead of putting stress over branding one must be particular about proving right product(quality) that is no false claims.In the initial stage one may not gain that much profit but if you want to be market for long time then you have to be specific about it.
  3. niche-specific consumer selection--It should be done before launching any product.

I know u were asking that it would be not possible to get right product with right price.As per my opinion nothing is impossible.judicious R&D; helps in overcoming this situation.

If I forget to mention anything please write down your views.
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS