Prepare for Online CAT 2009 with Tanveer

1,023 Posts  ·  331 Users
About this group
So it seems to be finally official!!! *CAT takes a cyber leap, to go online from Nov* This will be a whole new phase in the history of the CAT exam... And the candidates who adapt the fastest will be the ones who will be the most su...
Page 1 of 103

hi puys,
CAT 2009 season is over and this thread has served its purpose.

here is the thread for the next CAT and related discussions.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2010-official-notification-application-discussions-25044724/1680594

best of luck to all 😃

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
harisbhat Says
whats the maximum value of the function y= / ?

Dude, simply differentiate the function, and equate dy/dx=0.

Solve for x. You will get x=5,-1.

Find out d2y/dx2 to check out which value is minimum and which is maximum.

Substitute the reqd. value of x in function to get the answer.

Akirametekunaio

whats the maximum value of the function y= / ?

yes work experience helps if you dont have a good academic record

hi tanveer......

i think the information provided by u ll help a lot....

thanks a lot for it....yet i m nt preparing for cat....bt thinking to start...bt i m in 3rd year of b.tech...so whn i should appear for cat?

hmmm,,,,anyways.gud attempt by u...:clap:

Well, am not Tanveer sir, but still, I havent posted for a while in this thread, so now I have the chance. :clap:

You can appear for CAT in your final year of B.tech. Though it is more advisable to get some work experience before you join a Bschool. Not only will it help you understand the industry environment, but it will also earn you additional marks for your final admission.

All the best.
Akirametekunaio
Hello everyone.

I am a student of PGDM 2008-10, L.B.S.I.M, Delhi. Will pass out in march this year. CAT 2007 was my first attempt at CAT and this was my only call at 92 %ile (messed up my sectionals).

I've got placed in a UK based risk consulting firm, CTC 5.5 lacs per annum (fixed) excluding annual bonus. I was interested in a sales & marketing profile with an FMCG, but no FMCG company visits my campus! Given the options and constraints, this is the best i could have achieved.

I don't know if i'd be able to switch to my dream sector (FMCG) or dream companies like HUL, P&G;, Pepsi, Nestle, etc now. I am looking at taking CAT 2010 and aiming only at IIMs this time, ofcourse while working.

I don't know if a double MBA makes sense. I don know if my first MBA wud go against me or in my favour in getting calls and the gd/pi later. I'm not sure if this would be the best decision (preparing rite now and then investing 2 more years in an MBA) as i can switch jobs and sectors later. But i want to do it, both to get into my dream sector and also for the brand name IIM. I am not particularly interested in an executive MBA.

I am really confused and need your sugesstions. What do u feel? Pls. respond.

Thanks a lot.

I had known one person who had completed her MBA from ICFAI , hyderabad. After completing her MBA, she wrote again and got through the IIMC. I guess it all depend on how much score you get in CAT and how much you can convince the interview panel about your double MBA. Not to mention, she had got quite high score in CAT. The point what I am making is, such cases do exists and it all depend upon you, how badly you want the coveted IIM seat (if not only IIM A,B, or C).

All the best for CAT 2010 and I hope you will not procastinate this anymore 😁
Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760

hi tanveer......

i think the information provided by u ll help a lot....

thanks a lot for it....yet i m nt preparing for cat....bt thinking to start...bt i m in 3rd year of b.tech...so whn i should appear for cat?

hmmm,,,,anyways.gud attempt by u...:clap:

Hello everyone.

I am a student of PGDM 2008-10, L.B.S.I.M, Delhi. Will pass out in march this year. CAT 2007 was my first attempt at CAT and this was my only call at 92 %ile (messed up my sectionals).

I've got placed in a UK based risk consulting firm, CTC 5.5 lacs per annum (fixed) excluding annual bonus. I was interested in a sales & marketing profile with an FMCG, but no FMCG company visits my campus! Given the options and constraints, this is the best i could have achieved.

I don't know if i'd be able to switch to my dream sector (FMCG) or dream companies like HUL, P&G;, Pepsi, Nestle, etc now. I am looking at taking CAT 2010 and aiming only at IIMs this time, ofcourse while working.

I don't know if a double MBA makes sense. I don know if my first MBA wud go against me or in my favour in getting calls and the gd/pi later. I'm not sure if this would be the best decision (preparing rite now and then investing 2 more years in an MBA) as i can switch jobs and sectors later. But i want to do it, both to get into my dream sector and also for the brand name IIM. I am not particularly interested in an executive MBA.

I am really confused and need your sugesstions. What do u feel? Pls. respond.

Thanks a lot.

I wish to say a big thank you to Tanveer sir for all the useful tips given in this wonderful thread,raghav for updating us with Mr Arun Sharma's articles from time to time and everyone else for the useful contribution.Thank you

kiran3111 Says
My Cat is scheduled on 6th Dec. and only 5 days to go & my preparation is at moderate level what u think is required to maximize my score in the present scenario

u have done ur share of preparation .. so jus chill out .. may be u can revise the basics once more ,take cat with clear mind and crack it :)

good luck !

lastly few things i wish to say u..

1) avoid silly mistakes
2) be careful with quit test button { do spend time going through tutorial .. do not neglect it }
3) clear mind - may be u can go with an aim of getting 100% accuracy .. other than that nothing ..
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter