Post your profile for help with shortlisting universities

11 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Post ur profiles in this thread and lets hope experienced students here will help us with their inputs. A breif about my profile: I am from India. GMAT - 740 TOEFL - 287 ACADEMIC: I am 25 year old engineer in the field o...
Page 1 of 2

Hi,
thanx for the reply.
I am currently working on taht. I post my sop and essay soon I would like yu to cooment on that also.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Why u think so. Its not fine?
actually iu m looking for the mba essay topic other thean the SOP.

this is a very crude essay , but an ok one to start with.you are almost walking thru ur resume.dont u want to tell something different , like what an MBA would give u...you "worked at career launcher " ....so what...? what did it give u..?...tell abt how ur experiences have shaped ur ideas and ambitions.!...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why u think so. Its not fine?
acatually iu m looking for the mba essay topic other thean the SOP.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I think this wud be more of SOP reather than an essay? Could you please help me with some essay topics if you any or have any sample ones. I tried all online samples but they are not up to mark or not the one i m looking for.
Thanx

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ats
@ats  ·  0 karma

oye namita... dara relee hai kya?!!?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ze kya hay bhai!!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am BMS student in international Finance and Special studies in Finance at N M College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. Currently, I am working in JP Morgan as a Research Assistant. I am interested in taking MBA course in finance in your respected college. My area of interest lies in Investment banking, Finance, marketing and corporate management. I have been taking courses and working in the above mentioned areas. After gaining a considerable experience working with JP Morgan, Mumbai, India, I embarked on my masters degree to enhance my knowledge in key finance fields such as corporate finance, investment banking and management. I worked as a marketing assistant at Career Launcher.

During my JP Morgan experience I have been doing company profiles and opportunity search through various research sources. I have worked on many pitches including Kumho tire merger and Air Deccan IPO etc. I work on trading comparables and Transaction comparables. I am responsible for sending out airlines and auto parts updates every week to our global JP Morgan network. I am also working on the pilot project-Pension Funds for the New York JP Morgan. I have scored 610 in GMAT in June 2006.

Presently, I am serving as Public Relations in charge of Work life balance group of JP Morgan responsible for arranging programmes and taking care of budgets for outings.

My sound academic background, complimented with my leadership skills and project management experience will help in excel in any competitive industry. I strongly feel that my blended knowledge of finance, development, management and analysis will aid me to perform well as an eligible finance student and further my growth at your respected college.
Do let me know if you require any additional information from my side.

I am an active member of CRY and have the experience of teaching mathematics and English in Father Agnel Orphanage for the same cause. Also I have volunteered in many CRY projects including Child rights awareness programme and selling of handicrafts in corporate sector.
Thank you for your time and attention.

Wow, you already have your application essay ready.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am BMS student in international Finance and Special studies in Finance at N M College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. Currently, I am working in JP Morgan as a Research Assistant. I am interested in taking MBA course in finance in your respected college. My area of interest lies in Investment banking, Finance, marketing and corporate management. I have been taking courses and working in the above mentioned areas. After gaining a considerable experience working with JP Morgan, Mumbai, India, I embarked on my master's degree to enhance my knowledge in key finance fields such as corporate finance, investment banking and management. I worked as a marketing assistant at Career Launcher.
During my JP Morgan experience I have been doing company profiles and opportunity search through various research sources. I have worked on many pitches including Kumho tire merger and Air Deccan IPO etc. I work on trading comparables and Transaction comparables. I am responsible for sending out airlines and auto parts updates every week to our global JP Morgan network. I am also working on the pilot project-"Pension Funds" for the New York JP Morgan. I have scored 670 in GMAT in June 2006.

Presently, I am serving as Public Relations in charge of 'Work life balance' group of JP Morgan responsible for arranging programmes and taking care of budgets for outings.

My sound academic background, complimented with my leadership skills and project management experience will help in excel in any competitive industry. I strongly feel that my blended knowledge of finance, development, management and analysis will aid me to perform well as an eligible finance student and further my growth at your respected college.
Do let me know if you require any additional information from my side.
I am an active member of 'CRY' and have the experience of teaching mathematics and English in Father Agnel Orphanage for the same cause. Also I have volunteered in many CRY projects including Child rights awareness programme and selling of handicrafts in corporate sector.
Thank you for your time and attention.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi nagpalkunal,
What I feel is that the most common question for many newbies (like me) would be "what level of colleges can you realistically get an admit to with my profile".
At least I would like an answer however vague to that question so that I can use it to set my personal expectations and work towards a smaller target.

I feel that the more experieced guys could to an extent give advice on that, provided the posters provide enuf information on wht they are doing currently and wht they want to be doin post MBA.

All in all if feel a thread like this could do well to kick start your mission MBA :)

Just my 2 cents.

My profile in short :
decent academics (good school grades 90%, avg collage grades 76%) i guess, 4 + years IT experiece, started off in india , now kind of transitioning into IT Consulting (technology consulting) for the past 1 year, worked in India (obviously) , did a project in New Zealand and now presently in Saudi Arabia as EAI consultant to a telecom client.

Why do I want to do an MBA ? - I really like the kind of work that involves working with the clients and it feels real good when you see your suggestions make improvements to the organization process/revenue (from the little that I have done ). So I would like to expand my horizons and to advance in consulting management/IT consulting.. really difficult to quantify and precipitate into words I guess. Looking at something of my own some years down the lane...

Yet to write GMAT , but prep started 😃 ... targetting 2008 (with 5 years exp)
Regards,
Anoop

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Profiles can only do so much as a tool to judge others' choices of their schools.
Schools choice would ultimately be very subjective. and with the general junta around here, ppl just wudn't resist commenting on the posts!

I am not sure how this thread is going to move ahead.

anyway

ATB

Kunal

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...