Post GMAT - how to build a rounded profile

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, So stage 1 is over. Have got a GMAT score just above the median range of the top 10 B-schools. Now the bigger worry starts. How to build up my profile to be considered even worthy to grace the hallowed grounds of B-schools ranked from 1...
Page 1 of 1
Hi Puys,
So stage 1 is over. Have got a GMAT score just above the median range of the top 10 B-schools. Now the bigger worry starts. How to build up my profile to be considered even worthy to grace the hallowed grounds of B-schools ranked from 10-20, let alone the top 10.
Profile is same as the majority of indians. Male, software(IT contracter, so no designation) 7 yrs exp.

No EC since the last 5 years, other than playing cricket with some friends. International Exposure limited to one country though deal with multiple nationalities at work ( outsourcing ka kammal).
I haven't built a canal in the Congo or helped unwed mothers and orphans in Orissa. No Social or community work to speak of.

Haven't started or wound up any startups either in success or failure.
So now is there anything that I can do to redeem my application?

The schools i have in mind are
INSEAD, ISB, SBS-oxford, Judge-Cambridge, IE, Last choice schools-NUS, NTU.

Hope some Puys here can give me some advice.

thanks in advance

Hi I am in the similiar situation, no real extra curricular in last 5 year, but I have just done a 3 week stint in NGO to uprgrade my profile, but I suppose people like us cannot make a whole new person out of ourself but we should atleast be trying to do something.
Why dont you join a NGO as a first step and do let me posted about any new bright idea, if you get one

Thanks
Aziz
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Post your query here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-center-2009-10-25041262

and ple don't make individual threads for asking queries. search before posting ques.and don't get "bump" the threads in case you don't get your ques answered. experts would answer, till that time be patient.

Mods ple close the thread.

bump

Hope no one minds me bumping this thread as i haven't got a reply.

Hi Puys,
So stage 1 is over. Have got a GMAT score just above the median range of the top 10 B-schools. Now the bigger worry starts. How to build up my profile to be considered even worthy to grace the hallowed grounds of B-schools ranked from 10-20, let alone the top 10.
Profile is same as the majority of indians. Male, software(IT contracter, so no designation) 7 yrs exp.

No EC since the last 5 years, other than playing cricket with some friends. International Exposure limited to one country though deal with multiple nationalities at work ( outsourcing ka kammal).
I haven't built a canal in the Congo or helped unwed mothers and orphans in Orissa. No Social or community work to speak of.

Haven't started or wound up any startups either in success or failure.
So now is there anything that I can do to redeem my application?

The schools i have in mind are
INSEAD, ISB, SBS-oxford, Judge-Cambridge, IE, Last choice schools-NUS, NTU.

Hope some Puys here can give me some advice.

thanks in advance