possibility of IIM call despite poor school results

75 Posts  ·  220 Users
About this group
no chance if you are from general category.. and you might get a call from new iims but it will be next to impossible to convert.. and if you are an engineer and a male.. just drop the idea of iims.. target nitie or iits or FMS
Page 1 of 8

Hello Guys,
I am an IIFT Alumnus & recently we have started a Video Series to help new students in the field of Marketing.
In each episode we analyse real-world marketing problems & explain principles of Marketing in sync with those campaign.
Here is a link to my latest episode of Marketing Weekly and Facebook Page.

Regards,
Gunjan Solanki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHzrt2m1-U

https://www.facebook.com/MarketingWeekly

Video Thumbnail57134072810107
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

10 :10 cgpa

12: 92.4%

B.com- 8.7 SGPA 

what percentile do i need in CAT for getting calls from IIM ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

10th: 78

12th: 58

BE: 57.6

Work Exp: 23 months

GEM

Any chance for new and baby IIMs?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
ash1408
@ash1408  ·  0 karma

Thanks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ronit_gaikwad

Most welcome 😁😁

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 10 cgpa in my 10th class 86.5 % in 12th Expecting cgpa 8.47 A female pursuing life sciences 1 also dropped a year after 12th Can i have chance fir geting into iim depending on my academic background Please tell me ...pleaseeeeeee

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
ronit_gaikwad

@Hhhhhhhhttttt Well the thing is every IIM has their own shortlisting criteria and you cannot say for sure what would be the one which would earn you full grades. Currently, all i can say is you have very good chances of going into ABC being a non-engineer so focus on getting as high scores as possible in cat.

ALL THE VERY BEST !!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
scrabbler
@scrabbler  ·  33,691 karma

IIMA would have a document on their website giving the data from.last year. From that you can figure out for your AC and application rating what score.was.needed last time

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

how should i boost my score ? my sccores are not improving in mocks. please help me guys

1 comment
ronit_gaikwad

@sachin._.agrawal Brother if you are not getting scores in mocks then the main reason is you are currently not well prepared to give mocks. I would suggest you stop taking mocks currently and just focus on your preparation for now. Cover all your basic concepts from all the three sections and focus more on practicing. For mocks start from the second week of september. When you would be more thorough with your preparation and see how wonderful would be the results. All the Best !!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm a second year student and will give CAT in 2020 . 

Profile: 

General, Male, BBA. 

10th: 10 CGPA 

12th: 75%

FY: CGPA expected around 7-8. 

How should I plan ahead? I know IIM A,B,C,L,K,I maybe out of league already. 

What should be my target percentile and CGPA for the next 2 years of BBA, sufficient for other prestigious colleges(Newer IIMs, MDI, and etc)

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
coconutsonapizza
@coconutsonapizza  ·  0 karma

@ronit_gaikwad Thank you so much for the response. Can you any recommend me some goods for quants as I have no idea about good prep books for CAT.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ronit_gaikwad

@coconutsonapizzaDo one thing first download some resources from online, get them printed and revise them daily. These should be all your squares and square roots, cubes and cube roots, tables from 1 to 30, fractions and ratios. You will find the pdf of all of these online. And start reading them once daily will help you a lot to reduce calculation time. Net spend a day or two learning some vedic maths tricks. Plenty of videos on youtube. And then take the Arun Sharma Book and start with basics. It is really a good one covering all the basic concepts with lots of solved and exercise examples.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Profile :

Male ,General,Engineer: 

X- 7CGPA,

XII-80.2%,

B-tech- 71.5%,

Work-ex - 1year as Software Developer,

How much Should I score in Cat 2019 and What are my Chances to get a call from any IIM(ABCLKI) or new IIMs ? @Balance.o

2 comments
ronit_gaikwad

@sahil123_sharma Would be needing a score in excess of 99 percentile for the new IIM's and atleast a score of 99.6+for the older ones and even higher for getting call from the Trinity of ABC.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Balance.o
@Balance.o  ·  3 karma

Keep your targets high, above post pretty much nails most of it. You have a better shot at K and L rather new IIMs actually if you score above 99.5 with higher VARC.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am planning to buy the 'IMS mock test series' for CAT and the other MBA exams. How many of you are ready to chip in? Please confirm.

1 like1 comment
akash_1996
@akash_1996  ·  1 karma

@Ak_shata I'm in

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will I get profile based call from good IIMs? 

Class 10th :- 91.2%  

Class 12th :- 96%  

Bachelor's :- 9.5/10  

Category :- General  

Stream :- Commerce

And what should be the minimum percentile i should get to get call from IIM-A,B,C ?  

2 comments
ronit_gaikwad

@sachin._.agrawal Your acads are your biggest asset which is surely going to give you huge benefit over others. Upon that you are a non-engineer and IIM's love non-engineers and have a slight preference for the same since they want to increase the academic diversity.

Coming to your percentile it is utmost important to understand that the higher the percentile the better re your chances for conversion in the IVY leagues and A+ grade institutes. So don't set youself a particular target and try goign as high as you can. But since you have asked for percentile, somewhere around 97 and above will easily get you calls from most of the IIM's including the old ones. If luck favours you get calls from as low as 95 as well since you are a non-engineer. But again I will say aim for going as high as you can.

All the best !!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sachin._.agrawal
@sachin._.agrawal  ·  8 karma

thank you so much for your guidelines. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello i have a query

Academics -

10-64

12-74

grad-bba-59

mba (finance)-55-2015 batch -delhi avg b school 

work ex -4 years in sales in BFSO Segment

I am not on a good profile and planning to gor mba but definitely a premium colleges.

will iim or top notch  consider me (hopfully if i land up in interview) to pursue another mba .I am in a position to do hard work for cat and bell the same , as i have reached 29 but sincerely think that top mba could give me a boost.

thanks

1 comment
sachin._.agrawal
@sachin._.agrawal  ·  8 karma

sorry but iims wont take you. its really very hard. try for any foreign institute

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...