Positive thinkers, Dont visit this thread!!

29 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Things do change. U can feel it when u take a rest and think abt ur past and correlate it with ur present. Dont know how many of us are living the life the way we planned it. Fortunately, I got these 2 weeks to ponder upon these things. I feel lon...
Page 1 of 3
soooo nostalgic.......
i decided finally (after reading this post ) i am surely gonna do mba .. no isb & no GLIM ... i need 2 yrs in the campus
the campus wud hav looootss & lotsaa tress & A LAKE .. iam searching 4 such a unversity

IIMC (Kolkata) has a lake plus trees. IIMB has only trees, no lake.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

man o man this thread has made me feel whether i should i go ahead with mba or not. I am getting above 110 in cat and surely getting calls from IIM.
But now i am thinking will that money which will come after the coveted job after mba gonna really make me happy.:wow:

mba was never my dream. btech (ECE) FROM iit was... still managed the 2nd best college in the country getting placed in a nice mnc .

serously i am confused as to go ahead with mba or go for GRE. I think

" more happiness with less money is better than more money without happiness"..
:(

Really good one man,shows that you can really introspect and have natural intelligence,coupled with common sense.

Man is never satisfied and he never will be.He always seems to want just a little bit more.And we do tend to look back in time,at a stage which seemed depressing back then,but now it looks so small!! This happens with everyone.For your own good,you need to put to good use these reflections of the past.

Positive thinking in my opinion does involve a lot of hypocrisy at times,and ignorance a lot of times."Be positive,your girlfriend probably just wants some time alone" (but you do know,u do have that feeling you try so hard to hide and ignore,that tells you something is wrong...and you find out that something was wrong)."Be positive,you'll do well in CAT.Yeah,right. But my friend,being positive does pay in the long run.It affects your attitude and the things that you think about the whole day,A LOT!! You have the power to control your emotions..you may never master them,but you CAN control them.Being positive does make you look at the brighter ide of things and gives your heart a HAPPY ambience.People will point out that most of the time,this HAPPINESS is just a feeling you planted inside.Well,at times you need it.Believe me,it does affect your actions to a great extent.

Life is not easy,it never was,difficulties keep coming,if we dont have the right attitude,we will always suffer.So,do pay attention at times to talks of "being positive","keep the right attitude",etc. even though they sound fake most of the time and your Boss(using it)probably does'nt believe in it himself..but there's a very deep logic behind these things that can really help you feel better every day.

Think about it.

Listen guy,
Life is not as bad as you make it sound. I can exactly relate to what you are stating because I, kind of, am at the stage of life that you are referring to. There is always a dull side to things juxtaposed with brightness. Apparently, you have not found the brightness yet. I can see that you are planning to work toward it by joining an MBA program. What you don't realize is that you are presently living the "dream" that you used to see as a student. Probably your mom woke you up before you got to this part of the dream. Pal, this is how life is!
We will never achieve the ultimate happiness that we so much long for. The reason for that is that we keep redefining happiness with every milestone we reach in life, and there is nothing wrong with that; unfortunately, in doing so, for yardstick to measure our present state of mind, we go back in time e.g., we tend to think of those school and college days when we were happy. Instead, we should be dwelling in the present and, working toward a future. You can pose new challenges to yourself in the job. Meeting those challenges head on and overcoming them will certainly make you feel happy. I can see that you are planning to accept one challenge and that is to go back to learning. That is good! However, do not expect to re-enact your long-gone golden days. That will not happen. You have metamorphosed mentally and the student culture has transformed remarkably. You may well find yourself fitting into the group as a well respected senior rather than as a colleague. That may not augur well for you if you don't prepare yourself mentally. This is, my friend, a sweet reality of life. Our ancestors were much smarter than us when they defined life by stages, each stage having its own responsibilities and joys and sorrows.
The only way you could now re-live your childhood and early youth could be vicariously- through your children. I am there and I love it. Doing those Maths and science questions all over again gives me immense pleasure. I even realize that there are certain things that I had learnt or understood wrong and I laugh to think that I got this far in life without anybody catching me or correcting me! Isn't that funny??
P.S.
So, my friend, look up. Happiness is everywhere. You don't find it. Let it find you.
Remember, money is just a means to an end and not an end in itself. Nobody ever said money gives happiness. Money certainly has the potential to bring joy but happiness is a state of mind and you control it.
I wish you well in life.
bill gates Says
Hey guys, ..........nd do read a lot to avoid the dreariness of the job!! thanks a lot for the replies..

Why not try switching your career, it may help

Listen guy,
Life is not as bad as you make it sound. I can exactly relate to what you are stating because I, kind of, am at the stage of life that you are referring to. There is always a dull side to things juxtaposed with brightness. Apparently, you have not found the brightness yet. I can see that you are planning to work toward it by joining an MBA program. What you don't realize is that you are presently living the "dream" that you used to see as a student. Probably your mom woke you up before you got to this part of the dream. Pal, this is how life is!
We will never achieve the ultimate happiness that we so much long for. The reason for that is that we keep redefining happiness with every milestone we reach in life, and there is nothing wrong with that; unfortunately, in doing so, for yardstick to measure our present state of mind, we go back in time e.g., we tend to think of those school and college days when we were happy. Instead, we should be dwelling in the present and, working toward a future. You can pose new challenges to yourself in the job. Meeting those challenges head on and overcoming them will certainly make you feel happy. I can see that you are planning to accept one challenge and that is to go back to learning. That is good! However, do not expect to re-enact your long-gone golden days. That will not happen. You have metamorphosed mentally and the student culture has transformed remarkably. You may well find yourself fitting into the group as a well respected senior rather than as a colleague. That may not augur well for you if you don't prepare yourself mentally. This is, my friend, a sweet reality of life. Our ancestors were much smarter than us when they defined life by stages, each stage having its own responsibilities and joys and sorrows.
The only way you could now re-live your childhood and early youth could be vicariously- through your children. I am there and I love it. Doing those Maths and science questions all over again gives me immense pleasure. I even realize that there are certain things that I had learnt or understood wrong and I laugh to think that I got this far in life without anybody catching me or correcting me! Isn't that funny??
P.S.
So, my friend, look up. Happiness is everywhere. You don't find it. Let it find you.
Remember, money is just a means to an end and not an end in itself. Nobody ever said money gives happiness. Money certainly has the potential to bring joy but happiness is a state of mind and you control it.
I wish you well in life.

but ..still.. if u r heart commands u to bunk office ... bunk it .. thts it bunk it ... PERIOD.

if u bunked a class in college - u r smart dude.

if u bunked ur office - u r careless immature & irresponsible. 😞

GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me
bill gates Says
Hey guys, i was not sure whether this many pple will visit my post..Today, i m not in as bad mood as i was yesterday...one of the guys in my project become Project manager today..so, we r going for a party outside..God has temporary solutions to every prob.:) ....neways, i manage to produce some wierd sounds with my guitar, and do read a lot to avoid the dreariness of the job!! thanks a lot for the replies..

If ur mood swings so violantly...u can never be happy.
Try to find happiness in every little thing.
Stop living for the heck of it...ur life is ur own,not a possesion of some bloody Project Manager.Enjoiii.

P.S:Good Post.But I wud like to add something here."Money is not everything"...is very true.BUT,have lots of it before saying it. 😁

hi everyone!!!!

I too wanna comment. Though I havn't been into the s/w industry or something(still a student), I too felt the same way when I was in 10th or even 12th. Remember when u wished to go back when u were in 4th or 5th class when u didn't have many responsibilities like getting a good percentage, admission into the top college etc. everybody feels the same way with this nostalgia thing, its like a gift and also a curse. we have look at it through a different perspective. I know this thread is not for positive thinkers, but wanted to make my point....thanx....All the best.....

soooo nostalgic.......
i decided finally (after reading this post ) i am surely gonna do mba .. no isb & no GLIM ... i need 2 yrs in the campus

the campus wud hav looootss & lotsaa tress & A LAKE .. iam searching 4 such a unversity