PMI certification?plz clarify

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
hi, did anybody know about PMI certification? it is some project management certification given by somebody i have no idea. actually i am posting this cause some friend of mine asked me and i have absolutely no idea.heard it is preety new and ...
Page 1 of 1

even patni has recently started the PMP (Project mgmt Professional) certification from PMI for PL/PMs n above grade employees (anyone with min 3 yrs exp as PL)... another way of bringing down attrition by IT comopanies (as it comes along with a bond period)... anyway a gud oppurtunity for those who want to stay longer

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Slightly off topic. But Wipro has some tie-up with PMI. But it is open only for Project Managers (read as "atleast 7-8yrs exp").

This might give an idea of the criteria.

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

thanx somya,manish.as i said, it is not fr me.it is fr a frnd of mine who has loads of work ex.so,don't forsee any probs there.btw, if i need any more info frm u , will pm u or call u.thanx 😃

muks

Hi ,

Have little info on this as my project manager in my prev. org had undergone this. It's definitely good , but u gotta have some experience on the project management and team lead fronts to qualify to do this. U geta certification ( i think it was from a US univ. ) plus have to undergo a min. of 40hrs of training.

Once you get the certification u have to then train guys aspiring for the same.

dats the basic gist. wud post more if i can some more info from my Pm.( though not in touch with him..

HTH till that time.

hi,
did anybody know about PMI certification? it is some project management certification given by somebody i have no idea.
actually i am posting this cause some friend of mine asked me and i have absolutely no idea.heard it is preety new and has good reputation.nice thing to show in ur c.v .it is a 6 mnths program and is related to project mgmt.
so, if anyone has any idea about it, plz plz post it asap.

Hi muks... PMI is the certification given by the Project Management Institute. It is an internationally acclaimed institution!!! More info reg the same can be found at http://www.pmi.org/info/default.asp

U see my dad is a PMI certified guy and so have some teeny bits of info!! Nope its not for anybody & everybody & def not for us!! Its basically for very experienced guys!!! U must have done a lot of projects... it has specific numbers etc etc & also so many years of work ex... 😃 For more info, u can check out that link!! Once u have been certified, u not only have value but also can teach in colleges!! Liks my dad's pal is a visiting faculty for E-MBA for PMI in SPJain!!! Hope that gives some info... 😃 😃 & BTW, each exam costs a BOMB...

Simbaaaaaaa

hi,
did anybody know about PMI certification? it is some project management certification given by somebody i have no idea.
actually i am posting this cause some friend of mine asked me and i have absolutely no idea.heard it is preety new and has good reputation.nice thing to show in ur c.v .it is a 6 mnths program and is related to project mgmt.
so, if anyone has any idea about it, plz plz post it asap.

ps:hope not posting anything irrelevent.if mods r not comfy,do lock it.me not sure.thats why doing it in chit-chat.
muks