Plz help & guide me.

3 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
hi, everyone, i have given CAT04 & my %tile was 75,that was my final year of BSc(Biotechnology)so i thought i should take a drop & go 4r CAT05 seriously.So, i joined PTcoaching & gave CAT05.The results were (as u might hav guessed) pathetic with...
Page 1 of 1
hi, everyone,
i have given CAT04 & my %tile was 75,that was my final year of BSc(Biotechnology)so i thought i should take a drop & go 4r CAT05 seriously.So, i joined PTcoaching & gave CAT05.The results were (as u might hav guessed) pathetic with a 0 in LR.
i m presently jobless......with no calls.i hav got a job in call centre but my family mambrs don't want me to do that & i don't want 2 wok in a biotech firm.They want me to join any B grade college.
plz help & guide me waht can be done in the situation.
my acdmcs are as under-
10th std-74%
12th std-79%
BSc (biotechnology) -82%
MAT05-94%tile
CAT05-...........ican't even write that
PLZ HELP ME

Real Tough situation man. But as Budha said, and as every other PUY will also say - DO NOT LOSE HOPE. Wanting to do an MBA is one thing. Giving yourself the opportunity to do it is different - i mean, making urself capable. It is a human task to get into a good B school, let alone the IIMs. All you need is practice, practice and practice.

The best thing for you to do now will be to take up a decent job somewhere. Contrary to Budha's words - i think IIMs also accept Call Center or BPO experience also. Please confirm this. This might also bring in better bucks than the BioTech job. As far as i can see, a job for u is only for the money. So instead of doing something u dont wanna do, take up a job which u dont hate and which also brings in more money...

Before taking up a BPO job, also consider the fact that it will be extremely difficult on the body. U might get a lot of time in the day to practice for CAT. Just speak with BPO ppl u know reg this. Considering the fact that ur primary aim is CAT, make no compromises in this regard.

Well buddy, to put it simply, try getting a job which will not interfere ur CAT plans and prepare like ur life depends (it really does) for CAT 2006. Compromises here and there wont hurt though - u've just gotta keep pushing urself throughout the next year...

ATB...
Iday
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hmmm...
Tough situation bud but dont lose heart. First things first get ur targets straight.I have absolutely no idea abt biotechnology but if thats something which can keep u employed( iam discarding voice operated BPO's cos they dun mean much on a resume at the end of the day) till u are really prepared for CAT then u shud try out that option.
Like they say when ur back is against the wall then u dun crib abt which is the best way out...u just do what ur supposed to do to make urself get out of the hole.

If ur really serious abt an MBA(and i dun mean just getting the necessary CAT scores) get urself on ur feet ,employed and start preparing at the same time. Luck wud be with u :)

Positives: good acads, good MAT score (is 95% sppsd to be gud in MAT??)

Cheers

hi, everyone,
i have given CAT04 & my %tile was 75,that was my final year of BSc(Biotechnology)so i thought i should take a drop & go 4r CAT05 seriously.So, i joined PTcoaching & gave CAT05.The results were (as u might hav guessed) pathetic with a 0 in LR.
i m presently jobless......with no calls.i hav got a job in call centre but my family mambrs don't want me to do that & i don't want 2 wok in a biotech firm.They want me to join any B grade college.
plz help & guide me waht can be done in the situation.
my acdmcs are as under-
10th std-74%
12th std-79%
BSc (biotechnology) -82%
MAT05-94%tile
CAT05-...........ican't even write that
PLZ HELP ME