Please show me path.

5 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am desperately looking for guidance. I have around 9 years of experience in IT with Engineering background (B.E.). I am being core techie till now. Because I could not get proper guidance, I stayed as pure techie ...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Gladiator,

Thanks for reply.

I do not want to do any distance learning MBA.

Things which frustrate is learning new technologies always is frustrating. Every six months you have to learn new technologies, doing same coding, debugging, and people in management move fast upwards.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

there are lots of option depending upon how much time & efforts u can devote :
better go for GMAT as its easy to do as compared to CAT.

first try
1. ISB & exectuvie MBA fromm IIM
Hard to crack..but best..

then..

2. Ex.MBA from IIM-I
its partly residential
3. 1 yr MBA/Exe MBA
from SP Jain,XLRI etc
4. distance MBA/Part time MBA

see what suits u best then explore further..

I am also like good techie(5yr exp),currently happy but thinks that in future I have to change .. what things in IT frustrate u to do that ?

Thanks for reply Sachit,

Sorry if I posted at wrong place. I am new here.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am desperately looking for guidance.
I have around 9 years of experience in IT with Engineering background (B.E.). I am being core techie till now. Because I could not get proper guidance, I stayed as pure techie till now. But now I am planning to move into management but do not have any knowledge on various courses in reputed colleges.

The questions which I have
1) Is part time management course equivalent to MBA ? Does it get similar recognition in industry?
2) What is a process of getting admission in part time MBA? ( Do I need to appear for entrance test like CAT ?)
3) Are there full time management courses for people who has worked in industry for 9 years, I am looking for full time courses with duration of around 1 year or part-time courses 2-3 years.

I am totally frustrated with technical job all time and desparately want to get into management. But I do not have any information from where to start, which colleges I should look for. Which course I should opt for.

I can take one year break from employment to do good management course.

Please advice me.

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh

hey yogesh don get frustrated man.... there's a time when everybody feels the need to change and same is with u....

coming back to ur query, U have a gud 9 years experience, if u can back it up with a gud GMAT score and Essays in application form u can definitely make it ISB's one year Course.....

alternatively u can give GLIM and IIM's PGPEX course which are also meant to cater to people with high work -ex......

Part time MBA is nt in the same league as the regular one, for one it doesnt provide Placements and i guess thats what u are looking for.....

hang around more on this site and get a feel of rules regarding posts/opening new threads....these are the threads where u shud try posting ur problems

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2011-aspirants-25037061 for searching info abt ISB

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670 this one for posting ur current dilemma

cheers

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am desperately looking for guidance.
I have around 9 years of experience in IT with Engineering background (B.E.). I am being core techie till now. Because I could not get proper guidance, I stayed as pure techie till now. But now I am planning to move into management but do not have any knowledge on various courses in reputed colleges.

The questions which I have
1) Is part time management course equivalent to MBA ? Does it get similar recognition in industry?
2) What is a process of getting admission in part time MBA? ( Do I need to appear for entrance test like CAT ?)
3) Are there full time management courses for people who has worked in industry for 9 years, I am looking for full time courses with duration of around 1 year or part-time courses 2-3 years.

I am totally frustrated with technical job all time and desparately want to get into management. But I do not have any information from where to start, which colleges I should look for. Which course I should opt for.

I can take one year break from employment to do good management course.

Please advice me.

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh