Please help me!I am colorblind and looking for Job after MBA.

4 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi All, This post is very important for me.Please help me by providing your valuable suggestions.I have done my BE in Electronics and Communication with 76%.During my last semester(June 200 :: ,I come to know that i have colorblindness.I am t...
Page 1 of 1

It does not depend on the company you want to get into, it depends on the profile.

For example, if you get into a marcom role, or a role wherein you are responsible for maintaining the brand identity of the company, your disability can be a deterrent. The brand identity and such depend a lot on the colours used for the same.

Other than that, as long as you are able to clearly see a computer screen, make out the difference in words and images, et al, I guess it should not be an issue.

Many companies conduct medical tests for their employees prior to joining - I too underwent one of these. When they find any specific disability in the person, as long as it doesn't strongly disable a person in more than one arenas of work, they don't have any issue. Colour blindness, for one, is not such a strong factor.

I suggest you look beyond your colourblindness, and don't make it a factor in your decision making. Its just a nagging issue at the back of your head, not important enough to set you back from the path to success.

Regards,
Grondmaster

1 like
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi All,

My whole life is based on your replies.

Thanks,
Tinkesh

Tinkesh,

Firstly its not a matter of life or death - and dont think that it is.

Further, like Monil mentioned there are a few jobs that categorically require you to differentiate colours. With equal opportunities gaining steam, there should not be a problem.

Keep a colourful outlook on life

Cheers and all the best!

P.S: FYI, I do have some problem with colours

Only jobs that require you to differentiate between shades of colors such as fabric printing and dying should be a problem. Any other job that does not put your color differentiating skills at test should not be a problem and you need not worry about it at all.

Hi All,

This post is very important for me.Please help me by providing your valuable suggestions.I have done my BE in Electronics and Communication with 76%.During my last semester(June 200,I come to know that i have colorblindness.I am trying for CAT this year.could you please tell me,Is it possible to get into a Finance,operation or telecom company(legally) for me after my MBA(as i am a colorblind)?

My whole life is based on your replies.

Thanks,
Tinkesh