Please guide.

6 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hi folks, M a fresher , working as a software engineer in a company , having bond of 2 years. My problems are: 1\. the technology is not of my choice .I have been thrown into it. 2\. the company is small . Shoud i switch job or ask...
Page 1 of 1
hi friends,

Thanx a ton for your opinions.
But a couple of more queries have arisen in my mind now after reading ur advice.
2.There can be serious repercussions of having a candid discussion with the superior regarding change of tech hence project.He may not be able to transfer me (as its a small company) and also the quality of work that will be allocated to me will dwindle as they will know m not interested.

now that's a big prob...u want a shift but you don't want to talk to ur senior....hmmmmm....boss u ve got very limited options... ??:

ok tell me do u ve enough skill set with you now to move to a diff tech...think from ur superior point of view... how come he will shift u to a diff tech just like that...then u ve to undergo the whole training process again...adding more cost to the company...

I wud suggest to prove yourself in the tech of ur choice by getting some certifications before u ask him....but again dis shud not hamper ur current work...u can learn the new tech side by side...if u can pull this off then u will become a important resource in ur firm....
think abt it...but u shuld be prepared to go that extra mile to achieve this...

else boss quit the company and join somewhere else where u get to work in tech of ur choice....but then u ve to break the bond!!!

some experienced puys might suggest u something better!!

vishy....
p.s - as ur a fresher, my assumption is that u are not trained in tech dat u want to move to...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi friends,

Thanx a ton for your opinions.
But a couple of more queries have arisen in my mind now after reading ur advice.

1. As it happened in Vishy's case that he developed interest in the tech, its not gonna happen to me as i am just not interested in this rare 4GL tech that i am working on.Also the tech itself will vanish in some time.

2.There can be serious repercussions of having a candid discussion with the superior regarding change of tech hence project.He may not be able to transfer me (as its a small company) and also the quality of work that will be allocated to me will dwindle as they will know m not interested.

Waiting anxiously......
chum

hi folks,

M a fresher , working as a software engineer in a company , having bond of 2 years.
My problems are:
1. the technology is not of my choice .I have been thrown into it.
2. the company is small .

Shoud i switch job or ask my superior to shift me to another technology?

1. Request for shift to another technology. Learning scope will be more in smaller co. as you get to have a broader view. In bigger co.s your view will be restricted.

2. Look for shift only after a year or two. meanwhile get more exposure and depth in tools/languages. Its not wise to break bond and leave without a certificate in your first job.

I wud say its better to stay in a small company since its better to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond....

But again thats a general opinion....I dont know ur company nor ur tech...see i use to crib abt my tech when i join the industry a year back....but now i enjoi my work....

hi folks,

M a fresher , working as a software engineer in a company , having bond of 2 years.
My problems are:

First make it clear if you wish to break the bond or not! ->

1. If NO, then ask your superior to shift to another technology. In a small company, this might be difficult. Also develop some interest in the work you have been given, you might love it after some days.

2. If YES, then find a new job. But then make sure you get a technology of your choice before joining. Practically speaking, getting a tech of your liking is becoming extremely difficult in the IT industry nowadays.

Whatever be the case, enjoy whatever you do else chuck it.

hi folks,

My problems are: