Please do not influence by b-school marketing quotes "life@b-school"

1 Post  ·  3 Users
About this group
Folk, this is the post to my all friends who are actively involved in pursuing his dream MBA B-school career... I have seen many b school takes huge space in leading new papers and claims glamorous careers. Our country a such a place where n...
Page 1 of 1
Folk, this is the post to my all friends who are actively involved in pursuing his dream MBA B-school career...

I have seen many b school takes huge space in leading new papers and claims glamorous careers. Our country a such a place where no dearth of talents and knowledge across youth, and the very important thing is these younkers share bunch of information on global networking websites. My plead to all of you, please understand the importance of the quantum of information shared to you and the factual interpretations...

My experience with one of the b-school(Praxis Business school, Kolkata) is very poor.
I took career decision to make my career in analytics with this b-school. Happily i roll out to kolkata after quitting 4 years of investment banking career to pursue my dream. I never imagined that "city of joy" ride was biggest mistake as a career..

This school shows you, dynamic career and plenty of joy ride career after MBA(which is absolutely not true)
Let me give you glimpse of life @b-school concepts & marketing...

Let me ask you one question:- Why you want to land up in any b-school, it is because of your poor CAT score or this is the only option you have?

Of-course you will bang your head when you will think ROI and career as a pride. Life@b-school gives you chance to interact to lots of talented folks around you,but can you certainly say that folk around you is as much as good as you imagined? The answer is "Yes" and "NO".....and in analytics if you do not find a significant parameter to make your decision, you are bound to look other parameters as well...

Now the question arise-what parameters are judgemental factors to decide b-school career?
1. Global Recognition(Brand Equity)
2. Career after MBA
3. Placements

All these factors are in correct order and shouldn't mess this order to make your judgements.

Here i am putting one of the article taken from Praxis Business school website and my reply to Marketing Brand Manager..
http://praxis.ac.in/more/blog/

"How do you choose a b-school when the top 10 choices seem out of reach"
I laugh to heading of the blog, because marketing manager seems to loose his sense, bcoz beyond the top 10, there is also few new IIMs and at-least 10 very well known & good colleges..I think he drunk before putting this heading..common Mr. Brand manager read atleast pagalguy ranking...Though you posted this link on FB..
http://www.pagalguy.com/rankings/2012/results/

1. A b-school is as good (or bad) as its faculty:-
I think this MBA school is capitalizing "Faculty" as a marketing as BJP do for "Hindutva"
I want to remind you many of these faculty doesn't like to teach the crowd you gather and many faculties never visited again,though they supposed to teach very important domain.

2. I learn as much (if not more) from my peers and seniors as I do from the professors...
Here the seniors visited the campus to have enjoyments and they do marketing for their annual college event as "Free ka daru milega"..what you suggest to learn from these junkies?

3. An MBA does not entitle me to a job; I need to be trained well for the industry:-
professor seems to forget that MBA is education which leads to have better & prospective careers and it is a platform for integrating the education & career. Professor, can you say that "Industry really care what you teach @ MBA"..Absolutely not...Industry care who suited for their business objective?

5 The deeper my interface with the industry, the better my readiness for it:-
Can you suggest that how to verify this claim ? Just putting the list of big corporates doesn't make your interface large & popular.

7. There is a lot of noise in the market €“ most of it irrelevant:-
If already lots of noise in the market, than why you are putting your flag on top of it?
Mr. professor, i can claim that most of the noise you are making is also irrelevant..

8.The best source of information is the customer €“ the past and current students of the school:-
As per my marketing knowledge, to make any customer happy,it cost you. simply selling the product at your shop, customers do not care what you are selling..
As a customer my experience at your shop is very poor and i say that in future i will share my experience to as much as customer i can, to save their investment at wrong place.

Hope this time you will show some character to this article;not to block it.

Regards,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...