placement stats of chartered accountants

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Man just had a chat with a few of my friends who lived near my home and just cleared CA. Man both were selected by yes bank @7.5 lacs. they were saying that now a days lower limit for ca is 5 lacs and normal average is close to 6-6.5 lacs. man tha...
Page 1 of 1

dude..

1st of all only out of 1 L grads only 1000 wud b gettin a starting salary of 5 L (dont exagerate)

Where have I said that an average grad gets a salary of > 5 lakhs,someone completing his CA would be in the upper tier of the graduates that year and so I have commented that considering top tier grads ( IIT ,B.com from Stephens ,Xaivers etc) 5 L a year salary is no longer a big deal.
2nd - if u come out to the avg of IITians it wud also at max touch 5-6 (m not sure for tht)

Yes and if the avg of IITians is 5-6 lakhs what is the big deal for CA grads getting the same starting amount??

thts for IIT's, but avg salary of n engineers is not more than 3.
3rd - if u want to c wat the toppers of CA course are getting u can go ahead and chk out the site www.icai.org...u ll get the whole details

Who is comparing a CA to an average Engineer ??India produces lakhs of Engineers every year .No of people becoming C.As

Lastly wen some 1 is appreciating some profession please refrain usage of comments like

"PPS: Next time you want to express something please take the time out to compose a decent post and not start using chat lingo over here.

First of all I am not sure the original poser was really appreciating the profession ,if he was he surely would not have felt bad if they were getting high starting salaries. And what bothered me was the constant use of chat lingo like "man this is happening " etc etc. This maybe okay to use in the chit chat section but not when you are opening a thread in the Career Discussion section .Asking someone to maintain a little bit of etiquette is not too much to ask for is it??
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I do not know what kind of reply you expect out of such a post? Are you commenting on how good have the career prospects of CA graduates become or simply expressing your frustration.
Yes CA graduates are doing well as will anyone in a booming economy ,starting packages > 5 Lp.a are no longer a big deal now .And they are not the only ones every one from IIT grads to simple B.Com grads are raking in the moolah so why not the CA graduates who slog their asses off to complete the tough program along with a 3 year internship.

PS:For your information this year for the IITB placements on the first day only companies offering salaries >10 L p.a were allowed and >80 students got jobs that day ,towards the end I would say close to 25% of the batch will end up with starting salaries of >10 L p.a .

PPS: Next time you want to express something please take the time out to compose a decent post and not start using chat lingo over here.

dude..
1st of all only out of 1 L grads only 1000 wud b gettin a starting salary of 5 L (dont exagerate)
2nd - if u come out to the avg of IITians it wud also at max touch 5-6 (m not sure for tht)
thts for IIT's, but avg salary of n engineers is not more than 3.
3rd - if u want to c wat the toppers of CA course are getting u can go ahead and chk out the site www.icai.org...u ll get the whole details
Lastly wen some 1 is appreciating some profession please refrain usage of comments like

"PPS: Next time you want to express something please take the time out to compose a decent post and not start using chat lingo over here.

Cheers

Kartik

Lehman brothers India have hired 52 first year analyst from Top undergraduate colleges in India like SRCC (delhi), st stepehens (delhi), kolkatta/mumbai. The starting package is 14 lakhs p.a with 10 lakhs as a fixed component.

Someone who can make it in IB as a first year analyst will rake in 10-14 lakhs p.a.

Mohit@bits

I feel like laughing at your post ,offcourse any bank would prefer a CA over an Engineer be it IIT or anyone.Coz i have never seen any Techy making sense out of a Balance sheet or annual report ,unless and until Banks stop raising finance Commerce grads will have a bull run.

ciao
Man just had a chat with a few of my friends who lived near my home and just cleared CA. Man both were selected by yes bank @7.5 lacs. they were saying that now a days lower limit for ca is 5 lacs and normal average is close to 6-6.5 lacs. man that is awsome incredible.
even we people and iit guys are struggling to get that pay ...:satisfie:..... really these commerce grads must be banned from mba(fin) if they can get such packages .
u people better go for CA and leave mba (fin) for btechs. grrrrrrrrrr..

and i think this is just the start. for the first time in india i guess CA will overtake any profession in terms of emoluments...??:

I do not know what kind of reply you expect out of such a post? Are you commenting on how good have the career prospects of CA graduates become or simply expressing your frustration.
Yes CA graduates are doing well as will anyone in a booming economy ,starting packages > 5 Lp.a are no longer a big deal now .And they are not the only ones every one from IIT grads to simple B.Com grads are raking in the moolah so why not the CA graduates who slog their asses off to complete the tough program along with a 3 year internship.

PS:For your information this year for the IITB placements on the first day only companies offering salaries >10 L p.a were allowed and >80 students got jobs that day ,towards the end I would say close to 25% of the batch will end up with starting salaries of >10 L p.a .

PPS: Next time you want to express something please take the time out to compose a decent post and not start using chat lingo over here.

Man just had a chat with a few of my friends who lived near my home and just cleared CA. Man both were selected by yes bank @7.5 lacs. they were saying that now a days lower limit for ca is 5 lacs and normal average is close to 6-6.5 lacs. man that is awsome incredible.
even we people and iit guys are struggling to get that pay ...:satisfie:.....

and i think this is just the start. for the first time in india i guess CA will overtake any profession in terms of emoluments...??: