PI preparation: Academics: Electrical-Electronics-Telecommunications

114 Posts  ·  133 Users
About this group
I've started this thread so that we can all co-ordinate our preparation with respect to academics for GDPI. Everyone is welcome to share any inputs/material/concepts they can. :: I know studying acads is boring, but a coordinated ef...
Page 1 of 12

IM electrical nd electronics engg by grad having 24 months IT exp. here are the questions asked in various interviews.

NITIE:
1. diff between vacum tube,diode and transistor.
2. difference between motor nd generator.
3. which motor used in indian railways nd y.
4. what is autotransformer draw its ckt on board.
5. diff between normal nd auto trf.
6. what wud happen if we supply dc current to transformer.

MDI:
1. how does motor work.
2. what is eddy current
3. explain power distribution
4. on what factors is voltage selection for power distribution dependent.
Calls: SPJain IM, NITIE, MDI, New IIMs, IIT D, IIT Kgp,GL Chni ; Converts : GL Chn , NITIE, MDI HR,IIT Kgp-190
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

y do ppl get electrocuted whn an overhead line falls on a bus even though the tyres that are connected to the ground are insulators.?? please explain?? @Omkarp

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

basic difference between electrical and electronics??

1 comment
bbhavik
@bbhavik  ·  0 karma

someone Please elobarate, this question was asked to me in IIM L interview.
I said electrical work on larger voltage and electronics on lower voltage.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all
IF SOMEONE CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@acewizard said:
Why not use hexavalent or divalent impurity while doping semiconductors?
2 extra atoms might form stable pairs
UDT 2012, BDT 2012,Cat 2012-99.78, Converts- IIM C,IIM L,FMS. Wl-XL. Rejects-IIM A.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys, muje IMI-D k interview me puche gaye kuch acads ques: (i m an ece final yr student.)

1.)draw the internal circuit of a laptop
2.)power required for a laptop
3.)how much power is required for each and every component.?
4.)difference between GPS,GPRS and GIS
5.)working of GPS,GPRS,GIS
6.)what is AGPS?
7.)difference between electrical and electronics?
8.)why bulb and torch are an electrical device?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why not use hexavalent or divalent impurity while doping semiconductors?

IIM L calling. :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rijz said:
@needabc That is what I was wondering, but you mentioned zener diode instead of IMPATT in your post
oh... sorry... my bad...
FMS 2013-15... || dont need ABC :P
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@needabc That is what I was wondering, but you mentioned zener diode instead of IMPATT in your post
So close, yet so far....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Frequency modulation (FM) conveys information over a carrier wave by varying its instantaneous frequency. Frequency modulation is known as phase modulation when the carrier phase modulation is the time integral of the FM signal. FM is widely used for broadcasting music and speech, two-way radio systems, magnetic tape-recording systems and some video-transmission systems.
i.e. Frequency modulation Frequency modulation is the process by which frequency of the carrier signal c(t) changes with respect to the modulating signal m(t). FM modulated signal s(t) is a nonlinear function of the modulating signal m(t), thus it is known as nonlinear modulation process. More difficult than amplitude modulation (AM).

Depending to this modulation index FM can ne classified into two types –
Narrowband FM : modulation index is smaller than one radian
Narrowband FM Modulation index is less than 1 Maximum modulating frequency is usually 3kHz & maximum frequency deviation is =75 kHz. A narrowband FM wave consist of a carrier, an upper side-frequency component & a lower side component.

Wideband FM
: modulation index is larger than 1 radian

Wideband FM Modulation index normally exceeds unity. Modulation frequencies extend from 30 Hz to 15 kHz. Maximum permissible deviation is=75 kHz. Wideband FM system need large bandwidth, typically 15 times that of narrowband FM system . Wideband FM systems are used in entertainment broadcasting.

Transmission Bandwidth of FM Waves :
Transmission Bandwidth of FM Waves In practice, FM wave is limited to finite number of significant side-frequencies compatible with a specified amount of distortion. Thus an effective bandwidth is required for the transmission of an FM wave. Approximate rule for transmission bandwidth of an FM wave generated by a single-tone modulating wave of frequency f m is This relation is known as Carson's rule .
Transmission Bandwidth of FM Waves According to international regulations of FM broadcast – Maximum frequency deviation, f d =±75 kHz Allowable bandwidth per channel=200 kHz Frequency stability of carrier =±2 kHz

Advantages of FM:
Amplitude of the frequency modulated wave remains unaffected.
Large decrease in noise, hence increase in S/N ratio.
Noise may reduce by increasing deviation Frequency allocation allows for a guard band which reduces adjacent channel interference.
FM permits several independent transmitters on the same frequency with negligible interference.

Disadvantages of FM:

FM has too much advantages besides it also has some disadvantages - FM wave can't cover large area.
Transmitting & receiving equipments for FM are complex & costly.
Reception using conventional method is limited to line of side.
A much wider channel, typically 200 kHz, is needed for FM.

Applications of FM:

Applications of FM FM has so many applications such as –
Magnetic tape storage: FM is used at intermediate frequencies by analog VCR systems (including VHS) to record both the luminance(black and white) portions of the video signal. Sound : FM is also used at audio frequencies to synthesize sound, which is known as FM synthesis.
Radio : FM is used in many radio stations (FM Radio Stations) all over the world. Normally the frequency range of FM channels are between 88.0 MHz - 108.0 MHz.

So close, yet so far....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...