PhD/FPM (Fellow Programme in Management)

1,478 Posts  ·  7,099 Users
About this group

Hi,

This group will discuss on queries for FPM 2016 onwards; through CAT or similar Tests.

Page 1 of 148

One small clarification. Any updates on tentative date for release of admit cards for 2020 IIM B test that's scheduled to happen on 2nd February 2020. If it is already out, please tell me how to fetch the same. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate.

1 comment
Athi91
@Athi91  ·  8 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM B test cutoff for GEM,any idea guys and how will be the pattern GRE or CAT?

The Goal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is IIML for FPM? Can anyone help me ?

1 comment
kiran.mahasuar
@kiran.mahasuar  ·  27 karma

If you want to be a researcher, then you must do your own research. Isn't it?  Having said that, the PhD programme in the older 6 IIMs is fairly well established and structured in an ideal way. They benefit from their alumni network in academia, established infrastructure and better exposure to international academics and research by invited talks/seminars/workshops.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone knows the interview dates of FPM? Are they released?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Cat OA: 90.68

Va: 96.03 Dilr: 77.45 QA: 83.63

Acads- 9/9/9 NIT

work ex- 4+ yrs 

No Masters

GEF

Want FPM in HROB.

Is there any chance in Ahmedabad or Calcutta?

Work ex is not very relevant but have a research idea in mind.

Also, the discrepancy in sectional percentile, will it have adverse impact on my profile?

14 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 14
kiran.mahasuar

@shegy -B,C,A,K,L,I,Udaipur,Ranchi & Trichy

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
kiran.mahasuar

@shegy See the areas in which the IIM faculties are doing research. Check the top researchers in OB-HRM area (in the article link shared below) and then go to their profiles in institute website and check what is their current area of research. http://web.iitd.ac.in/~ravi1/OMEGA%20PAPER_RESEARCH%20PRODUCTIVITY.pdf 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For any good phd/FPM is one required to stay for all 5/6 years on or near campus? or after 2 yr coursework one can travel between cities off and on as per their prof. and complete their PhD? I ask this as I am married and with kids, might need to mange between cities at times.

1 comment
kiran.mahasuar

No you need to be in campus or close to the campus in IIMs. In IITs, for the sponsored/part-time category applicants, they need not be in campus post coursework. Alternatively, you can look at Executive PhD or PhD (Practice track) offered by some IIMs like IIM K, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, IIM Lucknow etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anyone know when will IIMB inform about shortlised candidates for FPM 2020? I know the interview dates are fixed for Mar 26, 27 but how much time do we get to make travel tickets incase we are shortlisted?

13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
kshitijp61
@kshitijp61  ·  65 karma

@knagarajan IIM B test cutoff any idea for general categoer?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
thephdguy
@thephdguy  ·  0 karma

they dont reveal

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am not getting any IIM Lucknow official advertisement for FPM.I mailed them whether test taken on 2017 will be valid they told no issues and told me to proceed with the apploications ,but in some advertisements (not offcial) i am seeing they will accept scores after 2018.Can someone help me ?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
thephdguy
@thephdguy  ·  0 karma

NO adeverstisement for thsi year,thats strange

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
thephdguy
@thephdguy  ·  0 karma

@aroras429 can give me IIML advertisement for 2020,Shall i go ahead with what they have said in the email ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello!

CAT - 91.88 percentile

VARC - 99.31 ; LRDI - 84.86 ; Quant - 53.31

10th - 10 cgpa

12th - 87.60

B.E.- 69.55

General Engineer and Male.

Fresher.

Have decent extra curricular achievements in college and school.

What are the chances of getting a call for FPM from IIMs? 

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
sosssama
@sosssama  ·  1 karma

@thephdguy state government college. No research work except the compulsory final year project. electrical engineering stream.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sosssama
@sosssama  ·  1 karma

@thephdguy I am interested in the field of economics. I want to pursue it. Do I stand a chance? Is my lack of workex and masters degree hamper a big no no?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have created a WhatsApp group for fpm 2020 admission, anyone who wish to join can comment his name and number.

21 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 21
imjha
@imjha  ·  0 karma

Indu- 8092183485

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Jaykris
@Jaykris  ·  11 karma

09360166784 Jaykris Gurucharan

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment