PGPX 2007 Batch - Interviews and Beyond

700 Posts  ·  98 Users
About this group
Hi All, Do not mean to thread crap but I thought it would be nice to talk about the interview experiences and the the selection for PGPX 2007 batch here. This way Mukul et all in other thread will only get the questions we have for them as oppos...
Page 1 of 70
Hi DD,

a) We are still not sure about the number of seats. I think it depends on two factors: one, how IIMA plans to implement reservation for OBCs in PGP (as PGPX shares the profs with PGP) and second, the quality of students who applied this year. I think the quality should not be an issue so it might boil down to number 1.

b) I used a book 'How to Get into the Top MBA Programs' by Richard Montauk

c) I don't think we can compare it to top US b-schools. The students and the profs are exceptional but the kind of infrastructure top US b-schools have is very different. But again if you want to settle down in India then definitely IIMA is the place to be. Else you should try for top US b-schools as IIMA does not have the kind of visibility US b-schools have in the US

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Guys,

I have applied to pgpx :
gmat 730/4.5
acads- so so
extra curr- so so
exp- 7 yrs sales- gen insurance,watches,cement(INDIA)

I hav a 2 yr PGDBM from a unrecognised institute. Will this be viewed negatively.
What can be done about it?

labbu.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Wow.....what a story this is...believe me I started reading this blog yesterday(right from the blog 1) and finished this today...I just couldn't stop reading this...it started as a story then one by one new characters started coming....few got in..few were left out...and life begins again with PGPX -3.....this is an amazing story.......I bet one can make a movie out of it....(( You won't beleive I even had my snacks during the INTERVAL))....I wud love to make a film on this..Anybody ready to colloborate.....hoping no copywrite issues.. even it is I have a way out.... (Sholay --- MAK54777 ki IIMA ki AAG)

Note below-- I fully understand how each character must gone have through...((please ignore my generalization))..and I emphatize with each and every one...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi Guys,
I had a query. For international guys who cannot attend personal interviews do IIMA conduct telephonic interviews ?

Regards
D

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Archelaus,
My take is that you should be fine as your master's covers any negative feel IIM might have about your correspondence UG. I would suggest though to mention it in your essays with a positive reason as to why you had to go through the correspondence route. Your GMAT is good and that will help you too.
Also just a note that not one knows what guidelines IIMA is following to shortlist students (apart from speculations) and till you know that no one can tell whether he/she is a good candidate or not. I saw last year folks with some of the best industry experience and 730+ GMAT did not get through and some who were not expecting to get in after their interview did get the admission. I would say you have as good chance as all of us of getting in to the program.
A little piece of advice if I may - do not concentrate on the parts of your application you think are negatives, be aware of them but concentrate your energy on how you feel positive about yourself and your application only then adcom will get the same feeling.
All the best,
DDesi.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

I have 10 years of experience and am seriously considering IIMA PGPX. I did my UG through correspondence (computer applications) and the grades were not very good. But I also have done an MS in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, full time in one of the best unviersities in the UK.

Prior to my UG through distance learning, I did my diploma in mech engg.

I gave GMAT six months ago and got 720.

Do I stand any chance at all? Does anyone know if a poor UG degree obtained through distance learning is awfully bad and a strong No-No at IIMs?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guyz,

Addtional information regarding the IIMA PGPX infomation session happening @ Bangalore on the 27th of this month.

Itz up officially on the IIMA site .

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/pgpx/IIMA_PGPX_Infosession.pdf

Cheers !

SheetaL

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Attn :PGPX aspirants

An update to my previous message

IIMA is conducting its information session about PGPX course in Bangalore on May 27th at Le Meridian. Dr. Arivind Sahay chair person , PGPX will be the speaker for this event. We can clarify all our doubts queries in the seminar directly with Dr. Sahay or with the manager of PGPX, Mr. Alok Jain. Call on 080- 41288501/2 to book your seat alternatively you can send email to register@csqrl.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys,

an important piece of info for those of you in and around Banglore.

"C Square Learnings" A GMAT training institute is inviting IIMA Admissions commitee for an exclusive session on PGPX.

For more details get in touch with contact address on the website Welcome to Csquare Learnings

cheers
Ashok

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
HI Time,

I think a separate thread is a good idea. Will kep the discussion more focussed and lean enough. How does one start it? Mod ar any of us?

cheers

rakesh

Thanks Rakesh. Why don't you start the new thread. I and Tejbir can chip as and when depending on avl of time.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI Time,

I think a separate thread is a good idea. Will kep the discussion more focussed and lean enough. How does one start it? Mod ar any of us?

cheers

rakesh

It may be a good idea for the people who have taken deferment from PGPX II to PGPX III to keep the discussion on this thread going on and help PGPX aspirants. Or should we have a new thread
PGPX 2008-09 Admissions and beyond ?

Some of us in PGPX II class can chip in as and when required.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...