PGPEX-VLMP: 1 year @ IIMC, IIT-K & IIT-M

2 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi everyone, Life is a roller coaster @ vlmp...Infact when I applied for this course last year, I wondered why were there only a few posts on this course that is increasingly gaining popularity in manufacturing & operations managament...I got...
Page 1 of 1

SIR ..i have to ask that during applying for vlmp if the essay is not upto mark then they didnt call for apptitude test.one more thing that i belong to manufaturing sector then we have competition with manufature guys or all guys ...means software field candidate .....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

Life is a roller coaster @ vlmp...Infact when I applied for this course last year, I wondered why were there only a few posts on this course that is increasingly gaining popularity in manufacturing & operations managament...I got the answer within weeks of joining the 4th batch @ IIMC in April'2010..The course with 1000+ contact hrs - 1 year, fully residential is power-packed with so much of theoritical & practical inputs...u wouldn't really find time to do anything else :).
It starts with term 0, 1 and 2 at IIM calcutta with a schedule that makes you forget if weekends really existed....Most of the management coursework...is zipped into ....you only have to work harder every passing day. Our Guru Prof. Shoji Shiba ( @ term 0 ) would instill some knowledge that would, by the end-of-course, become an indispensable skill...Coursework at IIT-K ( term 4) and IIT-M (term 5) keep the momentum with increasing techno-managerial inputs....courses like new product development, technology management are extremely insightful....comprehensive coursework on Operations research, computer integrated manufacturing & supply chain management will haunt you if you dislike mathematics :)... But as Engineers, all of us pretty much appreciate it..

We return to IIMC in mid-november, which concludes the coursework followed by summer internship, industrial visit to Japan.

BnZ

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...