PGDCM in IIM C or PGDM in IIM I..which is better

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
I have calls for admission from IIM-Calcutta(PGDCM) and IIM-Indore(PGDM). Now I dont know what are is the job prospects for the PGDCM....please help me. if possible please tell me which one is better in terms of placement, and future prospect...
Page 1 of 1

A No-Brainer !!!

Take PGDCM from IIMC with ur eyes shut

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I have calls for admission from IIM-Calcutta(PGDCM) and IIM-Indore(PGDM).
Now I dont know what are is the job prospects for the PGDCM....please help me.
if possible please tell me which one is better in terms of placement, and future prospects and also if anyone can give the current batches placement statistics for both PGDCM(IIMC) and PGDM(IIMI)...I am in a big confusion right now.Please help!

Thanks in advance,
avinash

I don't think there is any scope for confusion in this. PGDCM, although it is a separate program, is no less glamourrous than PGDM in IIMC. I know people who left IIMB for IIMC PGDCM, and they have never regretted their decision. So, your decision is equivalent to choosing between IIMC & IIMI. I hope my message is clear.

In short, take PGDCM.
if possible please tell me which one is better in terms of placement, and future prospects and also if anyone can give the current batches placement statistics for both PGDCM(IIMC) and PGDM(IIMI)...I am in a big confusion right now.Please help!

Thanks in advance,
avinash

There is absolutely no difference in the PGDM and PGDCM courses at IIMC as far as placements are concerned. The only differences are a higher course load in the first year, stressing on ICT related subjects, and a year-long project in the second year. So you may as well go ahead and compare the stats for C and I. PM me for any further queries that you may have regarding C in general and DCM is particular.

Thanks in advance,
avinash