PGD in Retail Banking

16 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
The PG Diploma programme in Retail Banking and Sales is a joint collaboration between Standard Chartered Bank(SCB), the largest foreign Bank in India, and Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), constituent of Symbiosis International (De...
Page 1 of 2
Dont ever join this course.....

Please dont join this course,dont waste your 1 lac rupees , its all about politics and hard core sales, even if you perform well you wont be getting confirm in the bank ...and the diploma that bank will give has no value in outside market.....so those who thinks that after joining this course that will be making this as a career and future in this field ....CAUTION.....you are going into wrong bank and opted for wrong course.....

our people batch strength is of 49 people and only around 22 people got confirmation in the course and in the confirmed people many have left the job.....so those people who are a little bit serious about there career and future please dont join this course....else you will waste 1 lac rupees , 1 precious year and after that same struggle will be there
This Bank dose not deserve your services (efforts that you do ) because bank do not give services to there customers and also here in this bank its all about politics only.....
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi all. i m a student of pgdrb & s batch' 2010... so any queries reg this, i wil be glad to address em...

you will have to sell current account and insurance.Sorry to say but if u r not willing to to become proper sales guy u will not b confirmed. Ur confirmation depends upon ur performance during the OJT i.e ur potential to sell accounts nd insurance.

Sub:PGD in Retail Banking and Sales(PGDRBS) From SIMS,PUNE

Hi,

Could you please also advise regarding the job profile after the completion of the 8 months OJT.
Is everyone given the confirmed job after doing 8 months training or some people are not given the job.

what is the package that they offer after completion of the OJT

Thanks

I want to know some information

1. Only SB comes to placement or other comes too
  2. About job profile is it only sales ( like salesman of insurance) or some serious job like profile mgmt, tresury, risk assesment etc
  3. Would be able get good jack/promotion?
  4. As degree is awarded by SB so will i be able to leave them(ie do they ask to sign bond)

Thanks in advance

Hi scorpsting_11,
The cut-offs are not being decided, we decide after we receive all the applications.
so Kindly apply and hope for the best.
Last date to apply is 4 may 2010.
Best of luck......

Coordinator (MDP Cell),
Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS),
Tel: +91 - 020 -30213212/3021247, 9595135127
E mail Id : simsmdp@sims.edu , scb.sims@sims.edu

Hi Parag,
You got a nice score, you can apply for the course, The number of applicants are a bit official thing so can't be disclosed.........
But you are going to face competition don't worry about that.
Last date to apply is 4 may 2010

Hi puys,

I knw the people from previous batch...

Its a good course..., U'l get a chance to learn alot.

Faculty & SCB people are very helpful.

But the overall feedback is mix coz...,

Like those who want sittin job, operations n all wl get dissapointd.

Coz u'l get a cmpltly sales based profile during the course and after completin the course.

U hv to remain in field for the whole day.

So in a nutshell those who love doing sales really, can go and opt for it.

Hope it will help.

ATB for GDPI.

Can anyone throw some light on job profile that is offered by SCB? Is this one year degree equivalent to normal 2 year course? Please