PGCIM (SPJIMR) + MBA International Management, ESB, Reutlingen University Queries

788 Posts  ·  170 Users
About this group
Dear Puys, The 2010-11 batch of PGCIM and MBA in International Management, welcomes all the prospective students to this thread. We are here to address admission queries of candidates for the batch of 2011-12. The program in Internationa...
Page 1 of 79
@ShreeForCat said:
Hello.. I understand that you guys must be at the brink of taking a life changing decision by joining the course or not. It happens to everyone and happened to us too when we were joining. There was no senior to guide us. We took a calculated risk. Now, I do not want to misguide you by saying everything is rosy. Neither do I want to tell that its all been an empty cup, as I cannot predict what future has in store for us. I can only tell you what has happened so far in our batch. Initially we were skeptical about Master's thesis if everyone would get it or not with companies. If not, we were supposed to pursue academic projects. But now, all of us have a Master's thesis with companies. So I can say that so far its positive. Now, there is skepticism about getting jobs (its in human nature to be skeptic!) . IBF was not that helpful, but we knew that from the beginning. There are still opportunities to apply to companies individually (as most other international students do here) and of course there is still opportunities to convert the Master's thesis into a job. And in the end, there is still SPJIMR with their strong assurances for us in the worst case scenario that nothing works out. I am sure it ll turn out positive in the future too, its just that people worry too much. I cannot predict the future, as no ordinary man can! I have given you the situation in its entirety. Bottom line is: its positive so far, there have been certain glitches as you would expect for a pioneering batch, but I expect things to turn out positive in the future too.. Now, given this situation, you are your best manager. You decide if this program is suitable for you based on a reasoned analysis of other opportunities available to you. It would be wrong if others say yes/no for you. The decision that you take now is what defines you. These are all the assurances I can give apart from factual clarifications. What I can assure you is an excellent academic quality and massive international exposure which will change your outlook towards life. Regarding the rankings, there are two types of institutions in Germany. University and Fachhochschule. (You can find the difference here-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fachhochschule). ESB has been ranked the best Fachhochschule in Germany. (Link here-> SingleNews: ESB Business School=705&tx;_ttnews=6&cHash;=b56e34d48e)They are not included in international rankings because they don't have a complete English course. Only the third semester is in English. Any other factual clarification, I can provide the same for you..
CAN WE GET TO KNOW THE REST OF YOUR STORY?? OR ANYONE ELSE CAN COMPLETE THE STORY??
I AM SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE PLACEMENT PART. ANY SENIOR CAN ANSWER.
1. WHAT KIND OF PROFILES STUDENTS MANAGED TO GET?
2. HOW MANY MONTHS IT HAD TAKEN FOR THE WHOLE BATCH TO GET PLACED AFTER COURSE COMPLETION?
3. HOW MANY FOUND JOBS IN GERMANY AND HOW MANY RETURNED TO INDIA?
4. JOB SCENARIO AND MARKET REACTION TO ESB?SPJAIN COURSE IN INDIA?
5. SPJAIN HELP IN FINDING JOBS IN INDIA?
6. THESIS PROJECT TO JOB CONVERSION RATIO?

TIA
1 comment
PagalShree
@PagalShree  ·  0 karma

Answers to these questions >> thought late, hope it helps folks to decide. 

CAN WE GET TO KNOW THE REST OF YOUR STORY?? OR ANYONE ELSE CAN COMPLETE THE STORY?? 

I AM SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE PLACEMENT PART. ANY SENIOR CAN ANSWER.

1. WHAT KIND OF PROFILES STUDENTS MANAGED TO GET? >> All good profiles and mixed bag - business development managers, consultants, finance, logistics in companies across global firms such as GE, Siemens, Honeywell, Apple, Mckinsey, Gartner, WorldBank, Indian companies like Wipro, TCS, L&T etc.  3-4 folks experimented with setting up their own companies, 2 are currently CEOs

2. HOW MANY MONTHS IT HAD TAKEN FOR THE WHOLE BATCH TO GET PLACED AFTER COURSE COMPLETION? >> within 2 months of completion

3. HOW MANY FOUND JOBS IN GERMANY AND HOW MANY RETURNED TO INDIA? >> Out of 23 batch, 2 in germany and 1 in US (worldbank),  4 were recruited by german companies and sent to India to help with their India operations, rest came back to india: spjimr facilitiated jobs for 12 and 4 found on their own ; Around 7 of them eventually found their jobs abroad again.

4. JOB SCENARIO AND MARKET REACTION TO ESB?SPJAIN COURSE IN INDIA? >> There has been no known issues, all alumni have found successful career paths

5. SPJAIN HELP IN FINDING JOBS IN INDIA? >> spjimr helped with their industry contacts to get decent jobs in india for 12 folks but it was not a formal placement and more based on relations - students had to clear various interviews ofcourse in these India companies as well - the jobs were not pgdm grade to say, but decent; eventually everyone was able to chart out successful career paths and great jobs for themselves.

6. THESIS PROJECT TO JOB CONVERSION RATIO? >> 3 folks converted to jobs.  All the above data is for first batch who faced the issue of no extention of German visas after course completion hence were forced to return to India, otherwise many more would have got jobs in Germany if they were permitted to stay. The german visa (to find work) issue, I understand, got corrected in later batches.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@indra3832 Well that seems to be a little less but nonetheless, I would advice you to go for it...You never know how well your profile fits into the admission committee's criteria.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SHD I APPLY TO THS PROGRAM WID A 77.06 PRCNTILE N XAT WITH A GOOD PROFILE

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
suyashkul Says
Even I need to pay..I got admission into IESEG..but I am not able to decide..The University ranking of IESEG has not been given anywhere..i got tire of searching it..not even in the top 50 in Europe..or top 200 in the world..what's the use??

Have u paid the initial amount?? How many of u have paid the amount??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Even I need to pay..I got admission into IESEG..but I am not able to decide..The University ranking of IESEG has not been given anywhere..i got tire of searching it..not even in the top 50 in Europe..or top 200 in the world..what's the use??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admit for ESB as well as IESEG......i guess SPJIMR has released the first waitlist......need to pay 50K by May 7.
has anybody paid the fees till date???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After doing a lot of research, decided not to join the French track program. One of my school friends is there in the first batch of the IESEG program and he himself said their job scene isn't clear, especially keeping the upcoming elections in mind. He asked me to join if I was willing to take a risk, which I don't want to.

All the best to those who're joining.:cheerio: Do keep us updated

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey,

If we are doing the wire transfer....do we have to send anything???

Because what would be the proof that the money is being transferred by us???

just write your name,serial no, and PGCIM esb/ieseg in the transaction remarks section..i did the same and sent a screen shot to SPjain..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,

If we are doing the wire transfer....do we have to send anything???

Because what would be the proof that the money is being transferred by us???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...