PGCBM of XLRI - Important

25 Posts  ·  81 Users
About this group
Hi guys! I recently got to know that XLRI conducts satellite courses across 30 cities and the duration of the course is 14 months. The program name is *Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management* *(PGCBM)* I am not sure how good t...
Page 1 of 3

Hi , please give an honest review about this course regarding:

Faculty 

Course content

Course in-depth completion

Knowledge base after completion

Testing

and anything valuable you can share.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello can i talk to any one of  you, who has already done this course?? I need it before i enroll to this course.

2 comments
rkalani
@rkalani  ·  0 karma

Hey, any information you got?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
umesh12345
@umesh12345  ·  0 karma

@Jyotikumarcts if you want further details of this program please give me a call on 7020822252

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi!! Could anyone please tell me about the interview process for PGCBM?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am currently pursuing PGCBM at XLRI. I would say I am pretty satisfied. It is worth the money spent. The teachers are great. I would agree that it is not equivalent to a top notch full time MBA, but is the second best thing. Depends on your goals. If it is about learning the concepts, it is a good program. 

1 like1 comment
kartikay7
@kartikay7  ·  0 karma

What kind of questions were u asked in the interview?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, There have been a lot of mixed responses in the chain. Would like to know if this course has profited any of the takers here?

If so, in what way? And is it worth all the money and time?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Have reasonable expectations from this course. This is not comparable with regular course from XLRIs and IIMs but its better than doing a correspondence MBA. Some people remain disgruntled even with the regular programmes from IIMs. Executive management courses (regular) will be 5-10 times costlier and most of the working professional will find it unnecessary. Don't expect your life to change altogether and no degree or certification in this world can guarantee employability throughout your life. This qualification would serve a good icing on the cake in your professional career.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Oh plzzz!!! Dont use the word "learning" with PGCBM...there is no learning here...its just mugging to clear the endless midterms and endterms...even XLRI does not bother on the learning part...all they want is to take one exam after the other...Most of my batchmates who did this program had high hopes...and most of them are disillusioned now...and moreover the industry gives bulls*** value to such courses....a full time MBA student would be having more knowledge on management subjects than a PG whatever !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[91887:Bluequill] The emphasis of this course is on learning value and not so much on 'getting another job'. With professional vitality and fresh thinking, you utilize your new skills to grow in your own organization.

If you are looking to get another job, this course is not for you, and the minimum you probably need is a part time diploma. My original post makes this pretty clear.

Although the idea is not to pitch a particular institute's offering against one another - your voice of disagreement is totally your right.

That said, people DO enrol for these courses with different motivations - not least of which is to be on par with their peers ascending their organization. I wrote a piece on this here - To access, login at http://OSSnext.org Home. Then click 'Groups' towards top right of the page. Go under 'Management theory - in real life practice', then click Group 'Mgmt education for working professionals - general questions'. Then tab to 'Files' to access the file.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This course is just a money minting venture for xlri. With zero investment they are making huge money. The learning value of this course is close to nil as you will be bulldozed with 21+ subjects in a year. You will have no time to really learn anything, you will end up focussing on how to pass.
Moreover, hughes, the satellite partner has got a pathetic platform. There will be network and transmission issues throughout the program. You will end in missing classes and tests for no fault of yours and then you will have to pay even more money to them. This program is just a money generating outfit. If you are willing to lose your money, and your peace of mind and are ok with getting nothing in return, then go ahead. Oh by the way, xlri advertises so much abt this course but once it begins they say that we are not interested in running such programs !!!
Also industry acceptance of this certificate is practically nil. Coz the learning value is nil. During the program all professors will begin by saying " this is not a full time program, here there are just 10 sessions whereas in a full time there are 30 sessions, so I will just cover the basics" ....some of the professors will just read out the chapter numbers and declare syllabus completed....

In short this course is a scam. Better do the program from IIMs where the focus is on quality and not on quantity..

And speaking of industry acceptance; in the current batch of 180 students not even a single person has got a job on the basis of this certificate. And most of those guys are now cribbing why they joined this pathetic course.

1 comment
sushmitha211
@sushmitha211  ·  0 karma

Could you please mention the center attended? And after all these years has there been any advantage whatsoever?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi, Could any one please provide some more reviews for the PGCBM program.
Previous posts have mixed responses.
primarily about industry relevance and how does it'll help for someone not in managerial role.

Dear Anurag,

I did post a detailed review years back. I hope it was of help to you.

Your question of industry relevance is valid and one frequently asked. The short answer is, I think the relevance is high because you interact in a cohort environment comprising only of seasoned industry professionals.

But more than that, I discovered that a learning like this helps personal professional vitality.

Because this seems like a frequently asked question, I have created a group where I have posted my views. My goal is to invite different views from others like me to help prospective learners decide.

To access, login at OSSnext.org Home. Then click 'Groups' towards top right of the page. Go under 'Management theory - in real life practice', then click Group 'Mgmt education for working professionals - general questions'. You can download a pdf file under 'Files' tab.

Regards,
Chirantan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...