Pg ncr triple c challenge

11 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, A successful Puy is not just a CAT cracker!!! *A Puy displays Mental Acumen.* *A Puy exhibits Physical vigor.* *A Puy embodies Social Conciousness.* This is the DNA of the successful Puy!!! And what better way to d...
Page 1 of 2

I'm in, sire :thumbsup:

will post my thoughts in a day or 2.. but, Tanveer sir.. a great idea :thumbsup:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Can I be the 3rd Umpire/Judge :)

All the best guys

Sir - You can be anything you want.

You choose your role.

But - I would love it if you could mentor the Social Projects ..long distance ..

Your enthusiasm.. expertise ..and passion would be invaluable for inspiring the youngsters..
http://bit.do/prepforlife

Nice initiative..kudos to the idea and the thinking mind...

PG Underdogs Team 09||MDI Gurgaon Class of 2014||Corporate Communication Cell

Can I be the 3rd Umpire/Judge :)

All the best guys

Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Well, the way I envisaged it, I thought the logistics would be rather simple. Like for carrom, you can carry a portable side-table and a board even on a bike to the same venue as the cricket match.

The table can be used for the arm-wrestling too.

And you can have random stuff like dart-throwing competitions etc too.

The reasons I'm trying to suggest other alternatives to cricket are:

a) Participation - Think about lazy bums or people who couldn't care less for cricket (I fit both categories. ).

b) Weather - The next two months will be tough to manage for cricket, and the two after that will be too rainy. (Rafting on the streets of Gurgaon anyone? :biggrin:) People from the fairer sex may demand that a sunscreen lotion manufacturer should sponsor them. :cheerio:

P.S. Post No. 2000 PG rocks, PG rules!

I think we Indians have grown up playing cricket all the year round and i think we can manage the weather.

As far as ladies are concerned, we will have some shed area arranged for them. :P

Coming back to your point (a) - we may have carrom / arm wrestling / dart throwing besides cricket but we will have to ensure that they be arranged without overlap of events. I also am not sure as to how many people will be interested in such events..but lets see...

Well, the way I envisaged it, I thought the logistics would be rather simple. Like for carrom, you can carry a portable side-table and a board even on a bike to the same venue as the cricket match.

The table can be used for the arm-wrestling too.

And you can have random stuff like dart-throwing competitions etc too.

The reasons I'm trying to suggest other alternatives to cricket are:

a) Participation - Think about lazy bums or people who couldn't care less for cricket (I fit both categories. ).

b) Weather - The next two months will be tough to manage for cricket, and the two after that will be too rainy. (Rafting on the streets of Gurgaon anyone? :biggrin:) People from the fairer sex may demand that a sunscreen lotion manufacturer should sponsor them. :cheerio:

P.S. Post No. 2000 PG rocks, PG rules!

Also, not everyone can or will play cricket. So, why not include a basket of games ranging from football, cricket, to arm-wrestling, carrom, snakes and ladders etc. too. The idea being that participation will go up, and even non-players come, enjoy, and build bonds with people.

Maybe, added debates, declamations, speech competitions will stimulate the intellectually inclined. :sneaky:
P.S. Anything that I can do, please let me know. (Once a Dilli puy, always a Dilli puy. )

Sumit,thats a fabulous idea, but seems realistic in some distant future. We would need lots of arrangements, backups and may be sponsors for conducting such an alround get-together.

I feel we should take the first step towards achieving this... which would be to start with a Gurgaon - Delhi cricket tournament and the social service initiative. I am sure if we succeed in this step, it will open a gateway of opportunities that puys can explore in future.

If successful, we would be also looking at propogating it to across other cities. It will not only inspire puys towards a noble cause but also make them do so in a fun-filled environment.

Initially, we may not have everyone participating in it, but slowly we can definitely do something about it. So, let's start with this new concept.:)
Hi Puys,

A successful Puy is not just a CAT cracker!!!

A Puy displays Mental Acumen.
A Puy exhibits Physical vigor.
A Puy embodies Social Conciousness.

This is the DNA of the successful Puy!!!

And what better way to display it than in practice!!!

Which brings me to the introduction of a totally new competition on PG never seen before!!!

PG NCR TRIPLE C CHALLENGE. (CRICKET, CAT & COMMUNITY)

A competition between two cities - Gurgaon Puys vs Delhi Puys

great mind introduces great things............!!!

incredible!!!!

lets go for it.

rgds
vivek arora

I think it is a brilliant idea! And once again, PG reaffirms my faith as consisting of thoughtful, responsible users who are unselfish and wish to contribute to collective success. :clap:

Although, I think the community initiative should be collaborative instead of competitive to make it more powerful. So, maybe the teams could go for the initiatives together, and all present members could be given points to take back to their teams. This would make sure that synergy is maintained, as well as the competitive spirit stays. (Of course, assuming that puys will not involve themselves in social causes just for points. :thumbsup:)

Also, not everyone can or will play cricket. So, why not include a basket of games ranging from football, cricket, to arm-wrestling, carrom, snakes and ladders etc. too. The idea being that participation will go up, and even non-players come, enjoy, and build bonds with people.

Maybe, added debates, declamations, speech competitions will stimulate the intellectually inclined. :sneaky:
P.S. Anything that I can do, please let me know. (Once a Dilli puy, always a Dilli puy. )

Lets go for it !!:cheerio:

Will pour in my thoughts on this ...!