PG meet for GMAT Hyd grp

82 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
Hey Puys There's been much active participation in theGMAT-hyd-prep-thread these days. :: All have a similar set target to crack GMAT:2gunfire: in this july/aug 08 but seems like many are in dilemma how to go about with prep:confused:(...
Page 1 of 9

So when is the next meet .
or are we following the other thread???
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/pagalguy-community-events-pg-meets/29893-hyderabad-pg-meets-reloaded-mg-33.html#post1162722

cheers

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am guessing there was no meet on june 21/22. Guess everybody is busy with their preparations... :sad:

Hi Itch,

Count me in. Was talking to vineet today and he suggested the same. I am game for 21/22 June.

I am not sure of any new places other than eat street. If we do not find a place to sit inside, we could always sit on the lawn (form a circle and sit.. which reminds me of round table conferences!!). Of course, if nobody "minds" sitting on the lawn. In that event we might have to meet up earlier in the evening to take full advantage of the "natural flood lights".

Guys...

are we meeting for a PG meet on 21 / 22 June, as discussed in the last meet.???

lets discuss

date and venue

Thanks to every one for the wonderful discussion,

discussion made me realize that its high time that I book my slot,

and finally... i have booked the slot for August 20.

For those who wish to book, dates are available (not sure from where, how ....).

My first meet with HYD Puys ,it was more centered towards the GMAT prep ,tips n tricks
of the exam looks lik we have discussed almost every factor which affects the exam..

ya.. we even discussed about the seating arrangement n the type of chairs to be used in
the exam..

comin to GYAAN section..

loads of GYAAN regarding books ,CD's ,Mocks ...
Every Word the Seniors were uttering a.ka. Vineet was mentioning
there were some GMAT -First Timers making notes of it ...

you can get the Summary from Itch..

Technical Analysis of GMAT at its peak by --Chaitanya

mayank was sharing his prep questions n doubts ...

Looking forward for more of such meets ...

hi guys

In short the meet gave me the momentum to carry on(or start the prep atleast 😉 )....

@getneonow u forgot to add my name to the list of participants
quickdeveloper a.k.a Vamshi :-)

Keep goin on guyz..looking forward towards next meet....

oops..gave ur name to mayank but forgot to add in my list

Post Edited vamsi:grin:

Neo

hi guys

My First PG GMAT meet was really laced with loads of gyaan (and shock). Shock 'coz i found out tht dates in jun/july(maybe even august) have been exhausted !! (thanx to ISB season).Really need to buck up and book the date ASAP

Regd meet as others said Vineet was really giving gud doses of info and other chipped in quite significantly.Chaitanya's dig at CAT and analysis of GMAT,Mayank's questions and Vijayan's cool approach towards GMAT added to the environment.

In short the meet gave me the momentum to carry on(or start the prep atleast 😉 )....

@getneonow u forgot to add my name to the list of participants
quickdeveloper a.k.a Vamshi :-)

Keep goin on guyz..looking forward towards next meet....

Hmm..Taking this in the right spirits want to say ...NO PICS
Neo

Right spirits and i still get groaned at?? 😛 :wink:

This is absolutely uncalled for. You need to watch your language.
The meeting was intended to help people with their GMAT preparation and not for taking pictures and distributing goodies.
If you get so worked up when you don't get pictures of a PG meet, make sure you are there next time with your digital camera. :new_let_it_all_out:

You have totally missed the spirit of the post. Anyhow, I'm in town this weekend. I might meet up with a bunch of people and post some pics after all

Yesterday's PG meet saw more attendance and more animated discussions than the last version. Unfortunately some attendees from the last meet could not make it but Naresh (Neo), Vineet, Vijayan (Matterover), Chaitanya and I turned up.

Vineet's gyaan is invaluable and his methodical approach to GMAT (And for that matter anything including the application planning etc.) is worth emulating. Vineet if you ever get bitten by this entrepreneurship bug start something on the lines of PRINCETON REVIEW. You will pretty much drive them out of business.

Vijayan is one of the coolest guys I have encountered in recent years. His attitude that "I like GMAT and that's why I am taking it" is what aspirants can help themselves with.:cheerio:

Naresh is very dedicated to his dream and puts everything together to make sure that the discussions are productive. He had to drive his bike well above the speed limit to make it in time. :nervous:

Chaitanya is an analyst in the true sense of the word. Though some of his analysis pisses Vineet off, who is a staunch opponent of any analysis in GMAT other than the questions, Chaitanya sure has captured the attention of many "analytical minds"...way to go buddy.
:cheerio:

About the new joiners, (Ankur, Vikram, Surya, Srikanth, Ravi, Vamsi and Kiran)I need another meet to form an opinion, hopefully all of you would have sealed your dates by then. You need to have a 10000 Rupees sword dangling up your a** to come to the same level and relate better (esp. to Vijayan, Chaitanya and me who are next to enter the warzone).

In short the meet was an informative and motivating one and I look forward to the next meeting which is gonna happen 1 month from now.