PG GMAT meets - Chennai

130 Posts  ·  37 Users
About this group
Okay - this should make interesting news :: Sathya, Manu and I had a meeting on Saturday evening @ Cafe Day (Ispahani Center). We fixed the meeting only on Saturday morning and I sent out information to two other admits, but i guess i was v...
Page 1 of 13

please quick reply on my request please

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi friends ,
i am yogesh ,working in an it firm and i wish to do my mba mostly by next year and i have attended CAt exam and i got only 50 percentile ,i did go for coachin in time institute ...guys please give me guidance to get some good materials for GMAT and GMAT classes in chennai
I have went all the forums in pg ,it shows the material manhattan ,kaplan online course ,where couls i get it and moreover plese suggest me the right thing and also about the material cost
with regards,
yogesh:)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
😞 even i missed the meet...Well..am in no position to attend any meets for the next 6 months.. anywhere..sitting here..so pls keep me posted as to wht all was discussed and share the gyaan..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Bittsy,

thr? i am considering taking gmat . cud to help me with the books/ matrial that i shud get hold of and wher in chennai i cud get them?

thanks,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All

I take the pleasure and honour to write the first post, post the meet:).

It was three hours of Knowledge, metting some cool people, getting new ideas and inspiration, getting rid of misconceptions and lot more.

Finally, the shouting I did in did in different forums(publicity for the meet) paid off and I feel that 11 was a good number for a meet in Chennai.

Will put up the pic tomorrow. And will keep on bugging all you people, especially the admit trio.

Cheers,
Sourabh

Damn i missed it. can smbody give us the highlights? IDay, I've read that u've got an interview call frm Chicago, GSB. gr8! i am planing to apply for Fall 08. cud u tell us ur gmat score?

i wish thr is another such meet!

cheers,
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All

I take the pleasure and honour to write the first post, post the meet:).

It was three hours of Knowledge, metting some cool people, getting new ideas and inspiration, getting rid of misconceptions and lot more.

Finally, the shouting I did in did in different forums(publicity for the meet) paid off and I feel that 11 was a good number for a meet in Chennai.

Will put up the pic tomorrow. And will keep on bugging all you people, especially the admit trio.

Cheers,
Sourabh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey all,

Anyone online?

Less than 2 hrs to meet up.

I think we should have formally decided on some agenda.

1. GMAT Resource discussion
2. GMAT Preparation in a systematic way
3. Sharing of resources.
4. Essays
5. Applications
6. Top schools

Intros can wait :D

Bittsy

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Following is the list of people who have agreed to be there for the meet... I will also send pm's to each one of you and others in the forum who were a part of the previous meets...

iday
sid2007
rajece
vvek
manuiyer
Nonconformist
andy_jaan
Bittsy
rathish
akx_4_u
crackcatoneday

If anybody has been missed out, please post on the forum... Hope to see you all on Sunday. Please be there at 4 P.M.

Cheers
Sourabh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Puys,
Some good news:). We have been able to fix the venue after talking to many people.
So find the details. Pour in with your views:
Venue: Amethyst, Peters Road (Near Sathyam Cinema)
Date: Sunday, 8th July 2007
Time: 4 PM onwards

Spencers, City centre would have been too crowded on a sunday evening. The Beaches were risky looking at the weather conditions. CCD would be noisy and crowded again.
For those who dont know about Amethyst:
Amethyst is located inside a beautiful bungalow, one of the many heritage buildings which have been converted into art galleries, eat outs, etc. Amethyst has a coffeeshop, which was previously called Mocha, and has a few boutiques.
You can know more about this place here:
http://www.chennaionline.com/food/ChinmayiChoice/05amethyst.asp
Cheers,
Sourabh

sourabh,

i'll be there. Jus for the sake of clarity, please post a list of all people who are expected to attend the meet. Do send ur mobile number (use PM ) to all of them so that they can touch base before during the meet.

To everyone who's attending the meet,

During the meet in Feb, we had a problem of multiple introductions and information exchanges which i'd like to avoid this time around. This is both time consuming and frustrating. The primary reason for this, in my opinion, is that people came in at different time. So i'd request all of you to maintain strict adherence to time and be there at the venue by 4 PM :)

As a result of this issue, we actually ended up with an "incomplete" feeling, atleast i did. We could have discussed a lot more if we had the meeting in a more organized manner, at least a sequence - like questions on GMAT first, then followed by questions on apps etc. Since questions at different stages of the application procedures came in from ppl, it was difficult to have any kind of "flow" in the meet. I never felt we went thru the entire process completely. We'll try to avoid it this time and hopefully there'll be better information exchange :)

cheers,
Iday
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just confirming that I ll be there 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...