People with not so good past acads and had converted the calls from iim in 2011!!

23 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hi, please share your profile if you had converted the coveted iim calls in the 2011 with not so good acads. Thank y'll!!
Page 1 of 3
WOW!!!!!

Have no words to congratulate you enough mate........

sir i am a fresher !!!!!!!!
my profile
XII-69.6%
X-75.4%
grad-7.32
extra circulr-little bit!!
how r my chances getting into iim -c even if got 100%ile in cat!!!!!!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Let us get down to the decimal points, shall we?

10th: 79.8

12th: 78.2

Engg: 59.81 acc to University rule that takes average of last four semesters, 62 % if overall average is taken.

General category, 2.5 yrs workex.
IIM C convert. IIM L could follow.
IIFT, NMIMS,SIBM converts otherwise.

When we cannot change our past acads, why fret over them?

sir i am a fresher !!!!!!!!
my profile
XII-69.6%
X-75.4%
grad-7.32
extra circulr-little bit!!
how r my chances getting into iim -c even if got 100%ile in cat!!!!!!:oops:
Well its not an IIM convert.. but i have converted XLRI HRM with a 47% in graduation..!!
On hindsight, dunno y m even posting on this thread.. m not even eligible for CAT..!!

WOW!!!!!

Have no words to congratulate you enough mate........
Guys Don't get disheartened. See my profile

10th - 82 % State Board ( Rank 24)
12th - 78% CBSE

B.Tech - 76 % NIT Allahabad
ABC converts.

I was heavily grilled in my B interview for low acads.According to them my B.Tech marks are very poor.I was thinking in my head "For you people anything below 90 is poor". I had explained to them that our professors were very strict in marking and my rank in the class was not that bad.All and all,if you are able to convince the panel,marks are not a hindrance.But,other factors like knowledge of work ex,current affairs etc also come into the picture.

You guys have work ex which matters while converting
Well its not an IIM convert.. but i have converted XLRI HRM with a 47% in graduation..!!
On hindsight, dunno y m even posting on this thread.. m not even eligible for CAT..!!

THAT'S THE BEST POST ONE CUD FIND ON PG

PARDON ME FOR SPAM:lookround:BUT CUDNT RESIST!
The enemy of the best is often the good(stephen covey)

Guys Don't get disheartened. See my profile

10th - 82 % State Board ( Rank 24)
12th - 78% CBSE

B.Tech - 76 % NIT Allahabad
ABC converts.

I was heavily grilled in my B interview for low acads.According to them my B.Tech marks are very poor.I was thinking in my head "For you people anything below 90 is poor". I had explained to them that our professors were very strict in marking and my rank in the class was not that bad.All and all,if you are able to convince the panel,marks are not a hindrance.But,other factors like knowledge of work ex,current affairs etc also come into the picture.

Let us get down to the decimal points, shall we?

10th: 79.8

12th: 78.2

Engg: 59.81 acc to University rule that takes average of last four semesters, 62 % if overall average is taken.

General category, 2.5 yrs workex.
IIM C convert. IIM L could follow.
IIFT, NMIMS,SIBM converts otherwise.

When we cannot change our past acads, why fret over them?

bhai rayman mere acads bhi kuch aise hi hai

10th 86.80
12th 83.80
chemical engineering 67.50
fresher
IIM C

bhai kuch extra curricular hai kya ??

mere toh woh bhi nahi hai kuch khass...bas theek thak se hai

p.s nice to meet you
pps other convert - IIFT , FMS , NITIE

dats d spirit....

Itni shakti hame de na daata man ka vishwaas kamzor ho naa......
Hey guys..
I do not fall into he category completely...But my engineering score is low...

10th 90
12th 93.67

Dual degree: 6.88/10 with some backlogs..

Converts: ABC till now...

Advice:
Anything more than 70-80 can't be said poor...The interviewers try to stump you with these type of questions....They check if you get stressed or are cool with whatever u have!

For Ex. In my B interview....I was stressed badly on Low score in IIT...Lots of DD, CD, CC Grades...
I Answered like his...

Sir, throughout my life, I had been a good student...but i was not good in other activities...In IIT...I learnt lots of sports, arts, etc...so my time was diverted...
I agree it's my mistake and I should have managed both acads and Studies...

He asks...You will get same opportunities in B as well....U will again get distracted...
Me: Sir, I fell on my mouth once...and learnt from it...If given a chance...i would love to top in B

Interview was over in 10 minutes....only this much.....I was very pessimistic abt B....But yes...I got convert...probably because It's not abt absolute marks...It's abt managing the Interview...

if one has Avarage marks and good extra curriculars, One can manage interviews...
It's abt believing in yourself....

And there are many IIMs, If you score well in Cat, there always is a chance that you will convince atleast one panel...

Hope that helps

To be honest, you have great Xth and XIIth scores.

Even your grad scores are almost touching 70%. Plus, you're from IIT. An IIT degree counts a lot, even if its a 6.88 GPA

Hate to say this, but acads do play a role now in IIM selection.

From what I've seen, only IIM-C has dared to stick its neck out and take people with less than stellar acads.

Even from the call criteria, only IIM-C has taken only CAT scores into considerations. If you haven't been a topper throughout, you can forget even about getting calls from B, K, S, I and to some extent, even L and A, let alone a convert.