Past Acads

6 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Good evening everyone. I'm new to the whole MBA scene (I'm currently in my second year). I've been told that past academics contribute to your profile when applying to most schools. From the general tone of most people here, I'm led to b...
Page 1 of 1
@pyonta said:
@banu2312Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know

@visionIIM-ACL Please Close this thread.

On a road less travelled, you'll find what you've been looking for. Yourself.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@banu2312

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know :)
@pyonta Generally IIMs have their own criteria about Board results. What you CAN do now is get involved in other activities outside your studies to back it up and present you as an all-round personality.

Don't think much about the effects of only one result on your profile. Besides, CAT result is far more important than this.

@banu2312

Thank you for clearing that up!

I understand that there is nothing I can do about my board results, but how much of an effect will it have on my profile anyway?

@pyonta Hi.

You cannot undo your board results. But what you can do, is maximise your graduation marks and your CAT scores. Also keep that extra curricular activities going.

What I see from your introduction that you're a second year student now. Concentrate on your college studies, and take a good coaching for mba exams from next year. Plan how you are going to approach the MBA. Take things one at a time.

All the best.

If you have any more query, search the forum and see if there is already any thread in existence for the query.

If you don't have anything more to ask here we can ask the moderators to close this one.

Good evening everyone.

I'm new to the whole MBA scene (I'm currently in my second year).

I've been told that past academics contribute to your profile when applying to most schools. From the general tone of most people here, I'm led to believe that taking the CAT is useless unless you're a straight 90%+ student.

My current profile:

ICSE: 92%
ISC: 82%
Engg %: Around 75% (Should be able to pull this up)

Extra curriculars: Very good. (National level quizzer).

I'm aware that there are many people who have a 12th percentage much lower than mine, however, since I'm from the ISC board (notorious for giving away marks like free candy), I'm afraid that the 82% is going to make a dent on my profile.

Thoughts on this? Any way I can undo the damage my ISC % has done to my profile?

Thanks in advance.

(Seeing as to this is my first thread, this might not be in the right forum. In that case, please feel to move the thread to the correct forum)