This is my second post at PG and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place :)
Well, I've recently applied to UTS and am waiting for my offer letter. I've been assured that it shouldn't be a problem to get in given my marks till date. I just need to clear the IELTS :)
Nonetheless, I've been wondering about what kind of part time jobs one can take up in Sydney. I've talked to a couple of people in Melbourne and Sydney who've been there since a year or two and was informed about the usual type of jobs taken up by students at bars, restaurants etc.
I was wondering if I can get a better or higher paying part time job (keeping in mind the 20 hr per week limit).
Here's a list of some of the things I know:
1. Black belt in Shito-ryu Karate.
2. B.A. in Indian Classical Music
3. B.A. in Tabla
4. I know some skating and have taught little children in the neighborhood
5. I LOVE playing the drums. I've played at the Campus Rock Idols as well.
6. I'm good at programming and web designing. I also hold a DOEACC A-Level certificate (provided by the Government of India)
Do you think the above can help me get a higher-paying part-time job? Looking forward to everybody's replies :)