[PaGaLGuY.com Exclusive!] The anatomy of Bschool placements:How companies throw a fit

17 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Why is placement information kept confidential in B-schools? How are companies slotted during the placement days? How do companies compete in a cutthroat manner to get the best candidates? Reporting exclusively from leading school *Goa Institute o...
Page 1 of 2

To be continued... In part 3 of this feature, learn how to read a placement report and make sense of the figures.

When is part-3 of the series coming? We all have been waiting for it eagerly.
Doctoral / FPM Student - Finance & Control, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
A very thought-provoking article by Apurv... Congratulations for bringing this info out...
A must read for B-School aspirants & students!!!
Seems PG team caputured the complete sequence of events at GIM...
However, I have one doubt. How is it that most of the B-Schools are able to place all its students? When only a handful of students are left who have not yet received an offer from a firm, how can they all be placed by the end of placement week? I mean isn't there even a single student who is not left? Apurv, even in this article you have mentioned the 100% placement thing...
Doctoral / FPM Student - Finance & Control, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

this post is really an eye opener.......
really provide great insight for ppl like me

ssl
@ssl  ·  0 karma

Hey,
That was one really good article. Thank u so much ! waiting for the next part ....

waiting for the 3rd part. awesome article. Could you also elaborate on how to differentiate between the placements for freshers and people with work-ex?

or in other words, what setps should a fresher follow in a b-school to have a good placement offer?

thanks for the info in the article.

can any body give me an account over the HR-placement(quality, lowest/average/highest/median salary package etc...) of SIIB and IIT-kgp????

plz plz plz................

hello aaaapurv, u have written a nice article.Could u tshare nme some thing which has been being hidden.

Ekdum mast article tha Apurv... 😃

hi aporv sorry for a different topic.. actually i just went through one of ur thread tht u've sent on 07-04-05.. where u said
"you will be successful in the Media only if you get an early focus about why you want to join the media and what exactly you will do in it"
i've done bba hv exp. of around of 9 odd months. i wanna pursue in PR.. why.? i dunno, all i can say is i m bit "pagal" always b'live in doing smthing different and risky, actually i dont wanna c my self into d rush of millions of mba's tht is increasing rapidly.. regarding my working field i m not getting proper asistent frm nywhere.. can u plz help me out..?? and ans. sm of my quotes like.. wht m i exactly gonna do.? wht'l b my work field.? which kinda industries will b recruiter.? most importantly whtz abt contacts & monetory factor..?? i need both of them desperately.. and the way to jump into pr..?? plzz dont ignore ds post and help me out..

Too many questions and not the right place for this. I am replying to you by PM but next time, maybe posting in the wrong thread will get you a not-so-favourable response 😃
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv

i'm sorry aspire... but it's quite urgent.. so i did something wrong.. it was not that "different " wht i generally do....