PaGaLGuY veterans, Help! Does my performance in 10th & 12th preclude me from even standing a chance at admitted to an IIM, Xavier, etc ?

6 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hi guys,I'm a third year engineering student and for as long as I can remember I've dreamt of getting an MBA from one of our country's elite business institutes. And as I was growing up, going through my 10th, 12th classes and my 1st & 2nd year ...
Page 1 of 1

I am weak in Quantz what is the alternate answer for this

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

bump

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

bump

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

bump

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

I'm a third year engineering student and for as long as I can remember I've dreamt of getting an MBA from one of our country's elite business institutes. And as I was growing up, going through my 10th, 12th classes and my 1st & 2nd year of engineering I've always had this dream of getting an MBA from an IIM, Xavier and whatnot, a dream I'm sure every member of this forum has or once had.

But, now that I was in my 3rd year of college, it was finally time to make plans and set them into motion so that I could see my dreams come to fruition. And so I started researching the entrance exams, admission process and admission criteria of my target colleges and no sooner had I finished with my research, MY WHOLE WORLD CAME CRASHING DOWN AROUND ME.

I found out that, as you all must know, while evaluating and short listing candidates the colleges take into account not only the CAT scores but also other parameters such as 10th, 12th marks and work experience. My 10th score was 76.8% and my 12th score was 68%, and of course let's not forget that since I'm still in college I have zero work experience.

So according to my assessment of the situation, even if I manage to get a very good score CAT score, 99 percentile for example, based on my 10th and 12th scores and the fact that I have zero work experience, I wouldn't even make it through the short listing.

So fellow Pagalguys, this is where I need your help, I need you to tell me how far this assessment of mine is true. Do I have no chance of getting into a top class institute, should I abandon this dream of mine? Should I change track while I still have time and concentrate on something else (GRE/GATE) ?

I need you guys to be brutally honest with me, as I will be basing some major life and career decisions based on the inputs I get from you.

Phew! That was looong post, thank for reading.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...