PagalGuy on Acqusition Radar ?

9 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
read this report on ET tdy...ACK Media Acquires Bangalore's Quite Men Studios; To Acquire Career, Community Portals ACK Media on Digital prowl | Televisionpoint.com News its shocking and seems more of hype generation than subsytance. did an...
Page 1 of 1

Seems people can't resist spamming.
Closing this for the moment. If PG.com is acquired by someone, you all will come to know! :-P

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
wow, remind me when Google takeover facebook and Robert M takeover myspaces.... seem like alot of community site with good traffic are target to create synergy for advertising purpose ?

:) 😃 :)

yeah gues wht just read that Vijay Mallya plans to foray into social networking space !!! with a proposed community of F1 lovers in India.

on that note - even im planning to start a community portal for Kolkata - my hometown. surprisingly didnt find any such community existing
newbiedelhi Says
abi aapki IBSROCKS.COM kab acquire hogo or shd i say when will u sell:)

never in talks to give it over to our college 'Student Council' before our course finishes and we leave for our careers 😃
ofcourse its not big enough for anything like hostile takeovers its not listed too for such thing to be possible. so all lies with PG himself safe and secure

the intention was to bring this to our attention , and not to serve as a worry factor.

yeah ACK is in startup phaze itself,and on an acquisition spree. and yeah its not just PG , but a general TG of content sites targeted at 15+ - as per the report

as far as i know , PG isnt gonna dilute any stake anytime soon

abi aapki IBSROCKS.COM kab acquire hogo or shd i say when will u sell:)

wow, remind me when Google takeover facebook and Robert M takeover myspaces.... seem like alot of community site with good traffic are target to create synergy for advertising purpose ?

:) 😃 :)

ofcourse its not big enough for anything like hostile takeovers its not listed too for such thing to be possible. so all lies with PG himself safe and secure

the intention was to bring this to our attention , and not to serve as a worry factor.

Worry what for? .. acquisitions, or partnerships are good .. if done after having a strategic plan in place .. why would a company which is doling out cash to buy something ruin it .. instead it should be looking at ways to make the purchase better ...Many a times such acquisitions help in giving the founder much more leeway .. as he doesnt have to worry about survival and can put his ideas to work ..
I dont think survival would be an issue here ....I wont be surprised if PGHQ gets atleast a few proposals a month from such suitors ..:)

yeah ACK is in startup phaze itself,and on an acquisition spree. and yeah its not just PG , but a general TG of content sites targeted at 15+ - as per the report

as far as i know , PG isnt gonna dilute any stake anytime soon

While it is a proof of the growth of PG, it also proves the fact that the kind of niche that PG caters to, and hence the kind of growth that will be experienced.

On the other hand I don't think that PG HA should be worried about being taken over by someone else - the decision still lies in the hands of PG himself, for one, two, ACK Media itself remains a startup, as it says on its website.

Thirdly, I quote from the news report itself:

... a few sites like Wetfeet.com, Jobokplease.com, Pagalguy.com, Lifetips.com and Minglebox.com. They could be names just randomly thrown up, however, ACKs intentions are....

Hence ACK may not be looking at PG itself, but such Web2.0 sites that now matter to the niche crown they cater to.

All in all... good thing we're mentioned, but I don't think we need to start worrying yet.

Regards,
Grondmaster

read this report on ET tdy...ACK Media Acquires Bangalore's Quite Men Studios; To Acquire Career, Community Portals
ACK Media on Digital prowl | Televisionpoint.com News

its shocking and seems more of hype generation than subsytance. did any1 else notice it?

btw its gr8 sign isnt it PG is BIG !