[PaGaLGuY Explores] Life in the time of MBA fee hikes

33 Posts  ·  31 Users
About this group
Along with IIM Ahmedabad, several other top Indian b-schools hiked their fee substantially this year. How are students in top Indian business schools financing their education now and how have student loans adapted to the new fee structures? PaGaL...
Page 1 of 4

Thanks for your instant:thumbsup: help but please tell me what is the average placement package there?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Its cool if u can get in FMS or GIM or SIMSR or UBS. Fee structure is very less as compared to other colleges.

Hey,

Are you sure that TAPMI fees are 6 lakhs?

What I recall is they hiked their fees to about 7.5 on account of the new campus.

Cheers.

I have too got news that its around 8 lacs.

cheers!!

In this case my college rocks. My batch fees is 5.85 lac. Now raised to 6.15. lac.

r.manoj Says
Regarding B school fee..is der anything in d hands of students or alumni? i mean is der anyway dey gonna reduce these high fees in these bad times....or am i thinkin too much?

You are thinking too much..
Can u ppl plz inform the Fees as per brouches of 2009-2011.
I knw abt IMT 8 lac + hostel extra 2lac roughly.
I wo like 2 know abt
SPJain ; SJSOM ; SIBM ; NITIE ; IIM I, L, K ;
NIMS ; XLRI Jmshd

After all planning has 2 be done

Can anyone answer above question ??
PDT'10, Converts: VGSoM, SIBM-P, Mark2Market Magazine : http://bit.ly/Rfi85i

INCREDIBLE:

ISB RAISES FEES BY 1.5 LAKHS = 20 LAKHS even though just 55% batch placed.
Really man these institutes (pvt) are looting indian middle class bigtime .
We need many many more Govt colleges

Hi,
NMIMS fees for 2009-11:

Tuition: 7.5L
Acco: 2.2L for boys, 2.5L fr girls.

Can u ppl plz inform the Fees as per brouches of 2009-2011.
I knw abt IMT 8 lac + hostel extra 2lac roughly.
I wo like 2 know abt
SPJain ; SJSOM ; SIBM ; NITIE ; IIM I, L, K ;
NIMS ; XLRI Jmshd

After all planning has 2 be done

The fact is that MBA is a degree for safety for most people.
Just like medical was in the 80s and was joined by engineering in the post-liberalised 90s, an MBA today is seen as a safe haven for most of us.
SOme of the numbers doing the rounds are awesome to say the least. fee hikes in excess of 100% without any visible improvement in infrastructure is not justified.
These posts have ignored the fact that empoyers today demand an MBA even for a job that could be done by a graduate. I worked in a financial services firm and my senior was a MBA from an average b school. We did similar kind of work.HE had a bit more responsibility (not something that required an MBA) and he was earning 4 times what I was earning!!! Look at most good jobs on naukri.com and like and you will realise that MBA is a must. This creates a demand for B schools. This demand is inelastic. We complained here about Symbi's callous attitude regarding SNAP, about NM charging 950\- for gd/pi. I paid up and went.So did others. on the symbi thread people are desperate for the 2nd waitlist.
The institues justify it on the basis of "easy loans made available" But are these loans repayable easily????
If one wants to know the power of average, one should go to the placements figures....Very few institutes put up the lowest salary package.One guy with 5+ years work ex geta a 50 lakh packet and the overall average shoots up!!!!
One of the few benefits of this recession has been that MBA aspirants have started questioning this "MBA at any cost" attitude and the fee hikes.No one would have questioned the fee hikes if all was hunky dory with our economy and we would have paid up. This critical thinking is the unintended benefit of this downturn!!!