PaGaL Awards 2007-08 - The PUYScars- Results Declared

127 Posts  ·  98 Users
About this group
Its that time of the year again.. :: Yes.. Insanity will be rewarded.. :: Mediocrity will be crushed.. :: Only the outstanding will survive :: The PaGaL Awards are back to mark the end of another wonderful season on the forum. It ...
Page 1 of 13
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
Great yaar. I am feeling great to see my name again in the most.................

......................... ..................................

My prayers are my only faith n my only strength...

@rani :: How about providing 4-5 questions below this RC? 😁
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

The most intelligent poster: anir_iim2005, Basilisk, & varun.jindal - 6 votes each
Honourable mentions: buck_was & Greenspan - 5 votes each

I know its pretty late but I blame my internet connection for this :D

Thanks to my fellow puys for voting for me. It has been a great year and everyone here has contributed to it in some way or the other. It has been a truly wonderful time on pg, made some good friends and had a great time.

P.S. : Watch out for the Life@IIM C thread next year. 😃

Great yaar. I am feeling great to see my name again in the most coveted category 😃 :).. I love u all guys.. As I alwas say cant imagine a life without u guys.. > 😁 😁
But being a PG queen even, I feel like I am the biggest pauper on earth : :.. Dnt ask me why.. Zats the way I feel now....

There was n is something lets say a star (u can call it as my life also) which is the most dearest n neraest to me.. The world for me was star n myself. myself n star. Day night.. I never cared for anything other than this star. Even in sleep this star was der upon me spreading its warm little light n love upon me.

But coz of other commitments I had to avoid that star out of choice. it was a choice like commitments Vs star, which was not a choice at all.....

Right hand Vs Left Hand.. Somebody tell me is that a choice?

And as these commitments are there siince my birth, I had to choose it Vs my star. I chose my one hand amputing the other one..

Days turned turbulent. I had o avoid my star's light and its love. But my star started shedding it more and more strongly. I still had to avoid by killing myself inch by inch.... Everytime I avoided that star, inside I was getting closer n closer to it...

To get that star stop caring me forever, I put the most horrendous condition infront of it.. Can u forget and stay away from The Sun.. I know without The Sun stars dnt have any existence and sun is the father n mother of a star.. Its source of energy.. The star asked how wud I leave The Sun, without it I wudnt even exist... Turning a blind eye I said.. I cant bear The Sun either.. But I never meant that.. I never wanted the star to be sad without me.. so I thot by saying so, star may forget me and happily stay at high heavens..

But I was wrong..... Star came down to earth.... instead of solving the issue between us.. we fought with each other.. In the meantime, my star's friend star also got into picture... The Friend star was out its temper and it made the situations worse.. .. After talking to his friend my star decided to stop even looking at me... But.. I dnt know how to make my star undertsand that every corner of my heart n mind... its that star and its caring .....and nothing else I have...

Here I stand, trying to make my commitments understand that , aage jaake without the star I am a living dead.... But I have already lost my star... If and if my star cud understand that every second, every minute.. my love n liking towards it was getting more n more n it remains that way itself....

For that star the entire world, entire name and entire fame is qurbaan...

Without the star.... der is no meaning of being a queen or the master of the universe.. coz my world is that star only.. and I am waiting for that star to return with the same love same caring.... My prayers are my only faith n my only strength...

It feels great to see your name across categories. Thanks everyone for your love and support. I am touched 😃 I always wanted to meet many puys but had to re-confirm the vote count for the users you want to meet :shocked: Hope to meet all you at the AIPGM and if not at the AIPGM kahin aur sahi Bangalore finding a honourable mention is an achievement considering that we are low on numbers, but high on spirit 😉 ,If you know what I mean Hope we are able to organise the AIPGM well enough. SB deaddiction is working , hope I'll rehabilitate myself totally sometime soon 😉

Thanks a ton again puys and I will try and live to my reputation in the days to come. Special thanks to amrutesh666, richa12 , buck_was , murty001 , swarnali , deep_agrawal and andy_jaan for coming with inputs when I needed them the most. Thanks to the Bangalore and SB junta for showering me with love 😃 Thanks to Mahip my favourite mod of yesteryear for being omnipresent and having pricked my curiosity into the world of demi-modding. Thanks to nikhilkulk for trusting my judgment on lunar eclipse Thanks to prem_ravi and rmbt for giving me the benefit of doubt 😉 Thanks to all mods for making this place a rocking place to be in for B-School aspirants.

PG Rocks

HR u shud thank me too 😛 :biggrin:

Cheers

MK

It feels great to see your name across categories. Thanks everyone for your love and support. I am touched 😃 I always wanted to meet many puys but had to re-confirm the vote count for the users you want to meet :shocked: Hope to meet all you at the AIPGM and if not at the AIPGM kahin aur sahi Bangalore finding a honourable mention is an achievement considering that we are low on numbers, but high on spirit 😉 ,If you know what I mean Hope we are able to organise the AIPGM well enough. SB deaddiction is working , hope I'll rehabilitate myself totally sometime soon 😉

Thanks a ton again puys and I will try and live upto my reputation in the days to come. Special thanks to amrutesh666, richa12 , buck_was , murty001 , swarnali , deep_agrawal , Greenspan and andy_jaan for coming with inputs when I needed them the most. Thanks to the Bangalore and SB junta for showering me with love 😃 Thanks to Mahip my favourite mod of yesteryear for being omnipresent and having pricked my curiosity into the world of demi-modding. Thanks to nikhilkulk for trusting my judgment on lunar eclipse Thanks to prem_ravi and rmbt for giving me the benefit of doubt 😉 Thanks to all mods for making this place a rocking place to be in for B-School aspirants.

PG Rocks

Popular Awards
Most Helpful User: HarshaRocks - 36 votes
Honourable mentions: rmbt & sumitrocks - 5 votes each.

Three users you would like to meet
HarshaRocks - 14 votes
buck_was - 10 votes
parulbajaj, prem_ravi, & varun.jindal - 8 votes each

Honourable mentions:
deep_agrawal & sumitrocks - 7 votes each
diablorulez, justlikethat & pagalguy - 6 votes each.
anir_iim2005, Apurv, estranged_gnrs, & rani_das - 5 votes each

Most Active PG City: Chennai - 30 votes
Honourable mentions:
Delhi - 18 votes
Bangalore - 16 votes

ShoutBox
SB Personality of the year: monsterkartik - 20 votes
Honourable mentions:
HarshaRocks - 15 votes
diablorulez - 3 votes

This isn't a speech. Simply because I havn't won. :innocent:
Still would like to say just 2 words (2 words ?? ).

It hasn't been a long time since I am on PG. Hardly 4 months. Honestly when awards started I never even expected my nomination for any of the category. :|

I still don't have many nominations, just 3-4. Still, considering the time I have been here it's pretty much for me. I really was very happy to see my name. Having made some contacts, people remembering you, missing you for reason is really awesome. I feel really great. :-)

Some time back Curtz_imi & I were discussing about people leaving PG after getting into b-school or a job after that. He said "I don't think I can leave this place ever". He has been here for over 3 years now. I did understand what he meant by that. But was not in his shoes then. Now, I KNOW what he really meant.

Even after spending such a short time, I have made a connection to PG at some different level. People here have been really helpful & nice. It feels like a family now. I am sure you all have read a thread, where 'constantine' declared that he was leaving. People pouring on the thread to make him stay, no matter whether they know him or not, no matter who was right & who was wrong. Awesome.

Honestly, PGing is not just about MBA preparation. It's much much more than that.

Now, I can say, "I don't think I can ever leave this place".

There is only one 'live' in there. LIVE. ::

Regards,
Alpesh.

P.S. Thanks for poeple who considered me good enough to nominate. And, thanks to puys who have been wonderful to me, all the time.

Favorite Moderator: rmbt 40 votes.
Honourable mentions:
prem_ravi 14 votes
Mahip 7 votes

Most Appropriate Username: monsterkartik 23 votes
Honourable mentions:
anupam will return 6 votes
made_for_iims & pagalguy 5 votes each.

Poster with Maximum Impact within Minimum Posts: Apurv 10 votes
Honourable mentions:
estranged_gnrs 9 votes
Hameed 7 votes

Most Networked User: diablorulez 23 votes
Honourable mentions:
prem_ravi 13 votes
estranged_gnrs 8 votes

User who has taken most proactive role in PG Offline activities: getintoiimb 18 votes
Honourable mentions:
sumitrocks 6 votes
grondmaster 5 votes

Most Active PG City: Chennai 30 votes
Honourable mentions:
Delhi 18 votes
Bangalore 16 votes
Best Poster: diablorulez 5 votes
Honourable mentions: sir roy keane & the_egonomist 4 votes each

"Greatest potential" award: rpradeephere 3 votes
Honourable mentions: andy_jaan, coolroy, & the_egonomist 2 votes each

ShoutBox
SB Personality of the year: monsterkartik 20 votes
Honourable mentions:
HarshaRocks 15 votes
diablorulez 3 votes

Best moment on SB/Best SB hit: Sukrut's creation of JBR & SB Hits post #211 4 votes each

Request the award winners to kindly put their acceptance speeches in the posts to follow....

Regards,
Grondmaster

First of all my sincere thanks to people acknowledging my "potential" ,though this potent chap has yet to discover what this award stands for :huh:

And then I have highlighted the common factor in all winners above (notice size of one award and my choice of other awardees ) ;)
Anyways on a more serious note being a participant for full session of Chennai meets I would like to put my appreciations on record for fellow Chennauys specially getintoiimb (Ravi) rmbt (rajat) Monsterkarthik (Rakshas ) , utsavmamoria,viggy,chuck, raghu,arun,george,murty,hameed,argho,soham :cheers:,phantom,nishant,zippo,hantan,quagmire,kondapalli,srikanth..................and the list never ends at Chennai :nervous::nervous:..........Btw due thanks for pagalgals too for surprising us by their sudden and occasional appearances

Andy :)

I am honoured to post the official acceptance speech, on behalf of all the members of the Best Thread in the Lounge section - FOOTBALL CLUB. We'd like to thank all of you for the honour.
Here goes:

"Football is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that!" said the great Bill Shankly once. And these words surely define all of us here. We speak different languages, eat different kinds of cuisine, read different books, have different ideologies, are different in many ways but one! There is one thing that unites us - the beautiful game of football. Our passion for the game, our devotion to it surpasses everything else. So, it is a great honour for us to win the 'Best Thread' award in the 'Lounge' Section. For a thread where quality and quantity are both present, it is indeed surprising to see some of the most passionate club supporters enjoying so much camaraderie. Be it Blues, Reds, Gunners, Red Devils, Catalans, Galacticos, or others, we all abound here. Football is not just a game, it is our religion! Joga Bonita. :thumbsup:

Alumni Talk
Most active life @ B-School thread: Life@IIMK - 14 votes
Honourable mentions: Life@IIMA & Life@MDI - 4 votes each

Most helpful Alumni/B-Schooler: profootball25 - 9 votes
Honourable mentions:
arora_sid - 6 votes
amitnsitian - 5 votes

The most passionate poster: profootball25 - 9 votes
Honourable mentions:
vinz - 5 votes
Mufasa - 3 votes

Really amazed to see a clean sweep in the B School Section by IIMK :)
Thanks a lot to all you puys who have voted for me in the respective sections ...

Nothing special to say, except that, I hope this is an indicator to most Puys who disappear after getting an admission into a B School ....

Hope Puy retention post their admissions is a lot better in the coming years.
Thanks a lot to PG again for providing me a platform to grow professionally and personally :)

All those who voted for me get a :drinking: on me @ AIPGM

Cheers
Revant

Congrats to all the award winners :rockon:

am honoured to find a place in the honourable mentions list :hurray:

ciao..