PaGaL Awards 2007-08 - The PUYScars - Discussions

54 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
This is the place to discuss about the *_PaGaL Awards 2007-08_.* You can discuss the various categories here. Deliberate on who is worthy enough to win which award:wink: But *No campaigning. *This is not a campaigning contest by any means. Each on...
Page 1 of 6
We-ell...

I had promised something by tonight...

Truth is, other commitments have delayed the work done on the PUYScars, hence nothing is going to happen this evening.

Again, I apologize.

Regards,
Grondmaster

No issues grondmaster. There is no need to appologise as you had just given the pointers as to when the result may be declared. We can wait till tomorrow or may be till day after.
Doctoral / FPM Student - Finance & Control, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

We-ell...

I had promised something by tonight...

Truth is, other commitments have delayed the work done on the PUYScars, hence nothing is going to happen this evening.

Again, I apologize.

Regards,
Grondmaster

why not make a copy of the real oscar method, starting with making a secret club

We still have a panel of judges (dunno for what) and a bunch of voters (). Taking these two and making this an invitation-only voting round, reducing categories, add in plenty of intrigue & backstabbing (which, as i understand, is gaining popularity these days) and voila, we might actually have a page-turning (literally) thread

/me wonders why the most innocuous of his statements become such strong ones.

Anyways, yeah... If that statement felt rude, I apologise. Fact is, I don't have a busy schedule 😉 Am so vela, am bored :(

Regards,
Grondmaster

Yes, that statement did sound rude. You might not have meant it that way but words always send a different meaning don't they? ;). Anyway, there is nothing much into it. Happy counting

Cheers..
Hi grondmaster,

Can you please tell one thing if it's not confidential. Do you use Excel to compile the results or is there any other tool for doing so. It can be understood that a lot of human effort is required to consolidate the results. This is purely for information. :bigear:
Doctoral / FPM Student - Finance & Control, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
No, I don't know and hence I put up the question. You gave the answer anyway, but it would have sounded better without this starting line. Thanks anyway for your answer and for taking out time out of your busy schedule to do the counting.

Cheers..

/me wonders why the most innocuous of his statements become such strong ones.

Anyways, yeah... If that statement felt rude, I apologise. Fact is, I don't have a busy schedule 😉 Am so vela, am bored :(

Regards,
Grondmaster
grondmaster Says
Do you know how much time it takes to collate the votes? \

No, I don't know and hence I put up the question. You gave the answer anyway, but it would have sounded better without this starting line. Thanks anyway for your answer and for taking out time out of your busy schedule to do the counting.

Cheers..
Since, the system is manual and therefore it can very well be understood that for over 90 posts with over 40 voting options for each post, it would be very time consuming to compile the results. If the results come out by Sunday night, I think that would be a great achievement on the part of vote counters.
Ok..so when are the results goin to be declared and what are the prizes this time?

Cheers..

Do you know how much time it takes to collate the votes? Well... counting is going on, probably sunday night tak kuch milne ka chance hai...

Early indicators say that there are some usual, expected winners, and some dark knights that came up from nowhere...

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Grondmaster

PS: Prizes... Depends on the AIPGM & PGHQ, I suppose... - Gronde

Ok..so when are the results goin to be declared and what are the prizes this time?

Cheers..