Oxford Said MBA 2011-12 Aspirants

143 Posts  ·  49 Users
About this group
Hello All, I haven't seen a thread opened for Oxford SAID MBA for 2011-12. So I am taking the honors to open one. Hope to see some action. My profile: 700/Indian Male/Telecom R&D;/6 yrs WE I applied for R1 and received an inte...
Page 1 of 15
got an admit email today :)..will be joining Oxford...
guys any idea when is the session starting ?..the website states Oct...are there any boot camps or pre classes before that also ?

Also how is the situation with the UK student visa ? is it really difficult to get ?

Would be great if someone could help here...
thanks

Congrats on the admit! By now, you would probably be added to the Facebook page for students where they have an absolutely great support network for all sorts of questions you will have in Oxford. Have a stunning time!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

got an admit email today :)..will be joining Oxford...
guys any idea when is the session starting ?..the website states Oct...are there any boot camps or pre classes before that also ?

Also how is the situation with the UK student visa ? is it really difficult to get ?

Would be great if someone could help here...
thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yessss ! finally we business management students have an edge over u ppl !:p!

My signature is ......IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT MY SIGNATURE IS!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks tripgaurav.....
I attended the welcome session of SBS this weekend and am fully impressed....now i trying to arrange funds (since by the time i applied to SBS all the schols were gone and I didn't get any 😞 ).....so if i can arrange the fund....i am going for SBS !!

Most welcome.

About the schols, trust me you have not missed a thing as none of the admits whom I know have gotten any schol
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Well I am not sure if you would get an unbiased reply on this thread.
There are other threads which discuss MBA from UK on PG.

My 2 cents would be with Oxford, for its brand. Also many people have told me that with UK still not out of recession, the job scenario is okay only for LBS and OxBridge. But again, since I am not an expert and also that I have an admit at Oxford, please take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Thanks tripgaurav.....
I attended the welcome session of SBS this weekend and am fully impressed....now i trying to arrange funds (since by the time i applied to SBS all the schols were gone and I didn't get any 😞 ).....so if i can arrange the fund....i am going for SBS !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
PUYS,

Please help me out.....I need to take a decision soon. Your opinion in this regard will be really helpful for me.

Best Regards,
PC

Well I am not sure if you would get an unbiased reply on this thread.
There are other threads which discuss MBA from UK on PG.

My 2 cents would be with Oxford, for its brand. Also many people have told me that with UK still not out of recession, the job scenario is okay only for LBS and OxBridge. But again, since I am not an expert and also that I have an admit at Oxford, please take what I say with a pinch of salt.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PUYS,

Please help me out.....I need to take a decision soon. Your opinion in this regard will be really helpful for me.

Best Regards,
PC

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys...

I am a Said admit for 2011/12.
I am originally from India but am in the UK so will be attending their Welcome Day on 18th June 2011....was wondering if anyone else is attending too?

I HAVE A QUERY:
I have an offer from Cranfield as well with a fair bit of scholarship....so if I accept the oxford offer it's around 12K more. I have visited both the schools and program structure wise, faculty quality wise and career support wise both are equally good. I definitely understand the global appeal of the brand "Oxford" but given that both Said and Cranfield are very good schools...can someone please provide an honest opinion on which one should I choose and whether it's really worth spending 12K more for the "Brand"?

Your opinion will be highly appreciated and will be of real help to me in choosing....

Thanks PC

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ingoditrust/tripgaurav,
Have you been able to catch hold of some trending analysis (made by yourselves or gotten from somewhere) which shows the percentage of desi junta who've been able to secure jobs in these 4 months?
How many have had to return back to India because of job scarcity?

~CE

Hi CheckEETS,

Though the exact information you ask for is not available with me, I do know that in 2010 batch, 85% of the batch got placed within 3 months of graduation. I do not have a breakup by nationality as Oxford would never provide such an information. I do not know of anyone who came back to India to work though a few went to USA / Singapore.

This year the markets are way better than last year and in the coming batch (which would be my batch) we *expect* the markets to be even better. Fingers crossed!

Job scenario is bad for people trying to make a drastic career shift. If you plan to continue in the same industry then the situation is quite good.

Hope this answers your question partly if not fully.

-Gaurav
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ingoditrust Says
Source: oxford school + uk gov site

ingoditrust/tripgaurav,
Have you been able to catch hold of some trending analysis (made by yourselves or gotten from somewhere) which shows the percentage of desi junta who've been able to secure jobs in these 4 months?
How many have had to return back to India because of job scarcity?

~CE
FT MBA (2013-14), Melbourne Business School
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...