Oxford MBA Vs IIM A

43 Posts  ·  36 Users
About this group
help me decide.... have been admitted to IIM A B n C and also have an admit from Oxford for the MBA program which is a one year program with lots of onsite projects. So what shud i opt for: IIM A or Oxford.... p.s.: am a mech eng...
Page 1 of 5

This Omkar dude is hell bent on bumping a few old threads asking for mails, and what not. Dude, are you ok??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Baap of all bumps 😛

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
gaonwallo!!!! this is an old thread! 😞
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

it is a very very difficult choice...but to tell you the fact...SBS grads do struggle to get jobs in UK...the ones from outside UK atleast...i have seen quite a few getting obs pretty late......they get beaten down better ones like LBS, Insead, Hec, IMD and so on....if i were you , i would go for IIMA....it is a great place to study in ....but then it is a personal choice....

You need to sit down and think what exactly you want....

Remember a 1 year course is too fast...it is over before you even realise it......and B school is supported very nice by the univ...nothing like being looked down or anything.

Best of luck..you got 2 good admits.....either way you are a winner

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey!

Both oxford and IIMA figure in the top 100 list..(as i read in the thread itself)..They r world class institutes..which goes without saying..
but i think a 2 year MBA would hold more weightage than a 1 yr MBA..

These days international job/exposure is not a big deal.Even after ur IIMA MBA u'd be capable enough to fetch urself an international heavily paying job..
Probably u shd weigh the other factors,.like no. of subjects covered..faculty student ratio etc..

so basically its up to u.
U're in a win win situ anyway...

ya u could take oxford ( and leave 1 seat here for me:satisfie: )

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hallo Omkar here got your mail thanks
Omkar

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
At the mentioned website (mba.eiu.com), the page for IIM-A says that one of the admission requirements are "laptop computer"...have I missed something there? (I sincerely hope it's not an important criteria coz I don't have one)

donno where this site got the info from, but can assure u it is not a mentioned reuiqrement...
u can work with a desktop....
regards,
rakesh
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

At the mentioned website (mba.eiu.com), the page for IIM-A says that one of the admission requirements are "laptop computer"...have I missed something there? (I sincerely hope it's not an important criteria coz I don't have one)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just to state the facts right, IIM-A has been ranked 45 by Economist last year. It is the only Asian Bschool in top 50.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

this is swagat ...i wld like to be added to the community of cat takers from today..i wil tell u more about myself in near future.

cheers
swagat

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...