Owen 2008 (Vanderbilt MBA) : Interviews & Beyond

88 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Hi Everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Owen Interviews for Fall 2008. There is a thread for Fall 2007 but I could not find any thread for 2008 admits. Please start posting as soon as you start your proce...
Page 1 of 9

Hello GMAK80,

Its partially true because most of the scholarships are awarded in R1 and R2. But there are some more left for the R3 and also some people who do not take the admission offer also leave money on the table. Even if you have not recieved any scholarship, you might want to send a formal application to AdCom asking for financial aid. Please contact your interviewer to know more about this.

A current MBA student at Owen!

Congrats,

I believe Owen only hands out Schol in R1 and R2. But I can be wrong. As a R2 admit I got nothing, which is the reason why I am not attedning welcome weekend or the school. Good Luck.

GMAK80
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
humblemumble Says
sure. 5+ years IT (mostly functional development), 3.0 undergrad from top 15 public university, 660 gmat (80% quant, 75%qual, 5.5 AWA). Very strong essay, interview went well but not stellar. I haven't heard abuot aid, but i'm won't rule it out until i receive official documents in the mail.

Congrats,

I believe Owen only hands out Schol in R1 and R2. But I can be wrong. As a R2 admit I got nothing, which is the reason why I am not attedning welcome weekend or the school. Good Luck.

GMAK80
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks HUmble Bumble. congrats again

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

sure. 5+ years IT (mostly functional development), 3.0 undergrad from top 15 public university, 660 gmat (80% quant, 75%qual, 5.5 AWA). Very strong essay, interview went well but not stellar. I haven't heard abuot aid, but i'm won't rule it out until i receive official documents in the mail.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats. Can you share your profile with me? I interviewed on 3/9 but haven't heard anything yet. Any Aid?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Any R3 candidates who have heard back? Dings from Stern, Georgetown and Emory. Waiting to hear from Vanderbilt. GMAT 700. Interview went pretty well. Undergrad marks are not too good, which I can credit the dings to. Hoping Vanderbilt will look beyond that.

Anyone who had applied and got in through R3?

I'm new to the forum, and am not an international applicant, but I wanted to let you know I got an admit in R3. I interviewed 3/17 and received the decision 3/28.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any R3 candidates who have heard back? Dings from Stern, Georgetown and Emory. Waiting to hear from Vanderbilt. GMAT 700. Interview went pretty well. Undergrad marks are not too good, which I can credit the dings to. Hoping Vanderbilt will look beyond that.

Anyone who had applied and got in through R3?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Facts / SGMAT,

I am a current INdian MBA student at Owen. Owen alumni has been traditionally very helpful and now we have a stronger network with a new alumni database and also connecting the same with the undergrad and other grad school's alumni called dore2Dore. I have personally used this network to enhance my career and it has been indeed helpful. Vandy's alumni ( read undergrad and other grads) have reached big places in all types of industries, say consulting, technology, etc.

If one is smart enough, we can make early inroads through school-facilatated career activities. I benefitted by one of them for my internship.

I agree Vanderbilt is expensive but relatively cheaper than big town schools since the cost of living is manageable.

About INdians full-time placement even in this current scenario we have 70% of them placed which is on par than the current placement percentages. Apart from alumni help they used the career fairs to get the jobs.

As a matter of fact I know several Indian Wharton grads who are still looking for jobs in Singapore/ India. Duke and CMu are some of the other notable ones. So we cannot blame on just Vandy. But no doubts that as an international you have to burn all your fat. Some are lucky to get a job well in advance and some later during the course.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

facts Says
I would recommend talking with current international students (specifically from India if you are from India). With current economic scenario and location of school, it is very hard to even break for internship for international students left aside the job. Try to check with current students.Even getting 20K or 30K schol will put on total 40K + living expenses for MBA and if there is problem with international placement then it will be very hard to change the decision.things are not the same for international students what they look from outside for everyone else.try to collect as much as information about placement of indian students and what percent are placed from the current student and see what interest you most. you may use your own network or email or call them. just my thoughts and hint what may help you guys.there is no harm in taking some precautions before committing yourself and you might be surprised from the facts.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well though provoking points facts...thanks for this great info.....

MBApro could you please share your thoughts on facts viewpoints....

thanks

sgmat

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...