Owen 2007 (Vanderbilt) : Interviews & Admissions

37 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, Has anyone applied to the Owen MBA program in Round 1 and if so have you guys heard anything back... Lets get the Owen thread started and rolling... Cheers Sumit
Page 1 of 4
I got mail from Owen asking to schedule for telephonic inteview.
Can anyone pls let me know the kind of questions for this interview.

Thanks.

hey buddy!

they didn't really ask me any questions out of the ordinary when i interviewed in december.

why mba?
why now?
why owen?
what are your future goals, etc?

it is a blind interview, the interviewer does not have access to your application (resume, essays etc).

best of luck
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got mail from Owen asking to schedule for telephonic inteview.
Can anyone pls let me know the kind of questions for this interview.

Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ajaibharadwaj Says
Thanks a lot!! It looks like the Owen Bloggers link is broken or the site is down. I am just not able to access it.

really? the link is fine for me...i just accessed it thru this thread as well. try another browser maybe?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
vanderbilt has a GREAT student-run blogging website Owen Bloggers

go check it out if you're serious about vanderbilt. i am an admitted student and a current blogger on the site.

good luck to all of you who are waitlisted.

Thanks a lot!! It looks like the Owen Bloggers link is broken or the site is down. I am just not able to access it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

vanderbilt has a GREAT student-run blogging website Owen Bloggers

go check it out if you're serious about vanderbilt. i am an admitted student and a current blogger on the site.

good luck to all of you who are waitlisted.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have been waitlisted at Vanderbilt. My profile is:

7years experience
Decent acads

Is there anyone else sailing in the same boat? Any thoughts on the conversion of the waitilist to admit?

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ats
@ats  ·  0 karma

hi all.

ive done it. VANDERBILT IN THE KITTY. but no schol. so kinda like mixed feelings...

now starts the confusion. iowa/vanderbilt. can anyone offer any comparative inputs?

lemme give some background info. iowa i have full tuition off. just hafta pay living. but it does not have healthcare concentration which might take up. but it has a flexible curriculum, so i can do something about it mebbe. plus it is in the middle of nowhere. so where are the jobs?

van. no free ride. so translates into 35 lac rupees extra. tilts the scale majorly towards iowa.
but van has healthcare option. plus its in nashville which is big fr healthcare industry. help. help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I got an admit from owen with a schol of 18k per year. I am not too sure about the school and the programs it is good in. Can anyone please lemme know some data points based on which I can take a decision?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Amit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I got a mail today after almost a month since the application complete mail. And they want me to send a financial document. Was quite surprised because schools generally dont insist on this before the admission decision. And they are sending this almost after a month after the application complete mail when i was actually expecting an admission decision.
Any one else in the same boat? R1 applicants, were you also asked to send such financial statements before the admission decision?

Regards,
vinod

im a R1 admit to Owen, and they did NOT ask for the financial documents until AFTER i got admitted. then i sent the documents, and received my I-20 in the mail.

and to the guy who said vanderbilt aint that great of a university? are you kidding me? Vanderbilt University is ranked 16th overall in undergraduate level in the US, and the MBA program is top 30. (And ranked higher than notre dame, ohio state, boston university, georgetown in most rankings)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ats Says
by the way, does anyone have any idea when are the 2nd round results coming? been quite a while since they sent me that "we will be giving results soon" mail.

I got a mail today after almost a month since the application complete mail. And they want me to send a financial document. Was quite surprised because schools generally dont insist on this before the admission decision. And they are sending this almost after a month after the application complete mail when i was actually expecting an admission decision.
Any one else in the same boat? R1 applicants, were you also asked to send such financial statements before the admission decision?

Regards,
vinod
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...