Guide to scholarships for international students Country-wise scholarship details Scholarships in the US Scholarships in Canada Scholarships in the UK
Almost everyone dreams of studying abroad at a good university. Sometimes, this thought might not seem very pragmatic due to affordability issues. If you are there, don’t worry. Governments and private universities across the world offer scholarships on various grounds. If you are from India, there are many scholarship programs like Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships, Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship, Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships, Great Wall Program, Inlaks Scholarship, National Overseas Scholarship Scheme by the Indian Government, GREAT Education Scholarships, etc.
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund: This scholarship can only be available only by female students who want to pursue an undergraduate business degree.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship: This is also a scholarship for undergraduate students who want to pursue their Cornell University studies.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships: This offers scholarships to highly accomplished or well-performed Indian students willing to pursue theirs under graduation or Masters at an accredited US university.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students: This scholarship program provides funding to students who want to pursue educations above the undergraduate level in the field of science, engineering, and technology.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship: People willing to do their MS and are of an age less than 30 years are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship covers a partial fee waiver, and the remaining can be granted as a loan with a five year payback time.
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund: This is offered to Asian women students willing to study in the US.
- Education Future International Scholarship 2021: Depending on the quality of resumes, LORs and applications received, past scholarship holders offer students funding ranging from 3 to 10 lakh rupees to study in Canada.
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is the one that gives Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) for any level of education. This covers students of only Canadian or Indian residences.
- National Research Council of Canada (NRCC): NRCC offers scholarships for international students who want to study and do research in Canada.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: This is to encourage students to enroll in doctoral research education in Canada and improve the state and standard of research. Students will have to get a nomination form from the institute he/she wishes to join.
- The Chevening Scholarships: This is a one-year master’s degree scholarship program for students with impeccable academic records. The UK embassies select students on the basis of their leadership abilities and academics.
- The Commonwealth Scholarships: The Commonwealth scholarships are offered to students who come from a low financial background with an initiative to help them study abroad. This is only applicable to students from Commonwealth countries.
- Scholarships by various UK universities: Universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College London, King’s College, etc., offer multiple scholarships.
Scholarships are also offered by other countries such as Australia, Sweden, etc. To know more and ensure you do not run out of deadlines for the same, contact our expert today.
If want Need more information about Overseas Education - Study Abroad Please Contact Us
Flat No:2, Siripuram Towers,
Andhra Pradesh – 530003.
What is sandwich course in uk
All about ‘Sandwich’ courses in the UK
Just as the name suggests, a sandwich course is a three-year degree program with an additional year of working or studying abroad.
Universities that offer sandwich programs have a two-year study schedule for students at the campus. After two years of study, they allow students to take up a year off regular research. Students get hands-on experience during this period by working with real-time companies if they are a part of vocational courses.
Vocational courses usually train students on skilled craft or technical education. In case the student is pursuing a non-vocational or language course, he/she is advised to take up an additional year of study at a sister institution abroad. After they finish one year of work or study abroad, they return to their primary university to complete another study year. When they graduate, they get a three-year study degree and an additional year of work.Types of Sandwich courses
There are two types of Sandwich courses, namely the thin sandwich course and the thick sandwich course.
1. The thin Sandwich courses comprise two to three internships or work for six months throughout the year.
2. The thick Sandwich courses comprise a one-year-long single internship or work at an organization. Usually, these organizations, companies, and institutions have a tie-up with the primary university. This helps the student to get the permissions or offers to work quite efficiently.Advantages of doing a Sandwich course
The Sandwich course allows students to get a hands-on experience of work before graduation. This provides the student with an equally crucial practical way of working as much as the theoretical study. This ensures that he/she is business-ready. If it is a non-vocational course where the candidate takes an additional year of study abroad, this gives the student a new cultural and language experience.
Either way, sandwich courses always give students the advantage of being more skilled at work than the regular study courses.
Additionally, this also gives a financial benefit to all students undertaking the course. The internships or part-time work by companies or organizations offer students with substantial financial incentives. For language courses, primary universities provide students funding to cover students’ expenses abroad more often than not.
Sandwich’s eligibility in the UK remains as much the same as any other master’s course abroad. To understand individual university-specific requirements, it is better to research and check its main website.
The UK is a country that is very keen on improving quality education. Therefore, most topmost universities in the UK offer Sandwich courses.
Oxford Brooks University, Kings College London, Middlesex University, Lancaster, Surrey, Loughborough University, Aston University, University College London, etc., are some of the top universities in the UK that offer sandwich courses.
If you have more queries regarding university admissions in uk, prerequisites, eligibility, courses that universities offer, scholarships, etc., contact us.